• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzgalov comments

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is definitely the last thing I want to read in regard to our goaltending. Bryz went on record of saying he has zero confidence in himself. We have this guy locked for how many years? This is fucking unreal. Man up and go us on your next start. Quit playing the fucking victim. I know it sucks balls to lose knowing your team scored 8 goals, but if this guy cannot get his screws straightened out, then we are fucked. The defense is horrible as well.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't read it that way. I think he was trying to take the blame because he should be the rock of the team and he is not.

I'd rather him hit bottom right now then later in the year. Not like Bob was any better, though people will say that.

He has a track record of being a winner and good goalie. This is a funk, and combine that with god awful defense and zero physical presence and you have some of the worst hockey i have seen them play in years.

Keep in mind we still have a winning record and the season is only 10 games in...

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read it that way. I think he was trying to take the blame because he should be the rock of the team and he is not.

I'd rather him hit bottom right now then later in the year. Not like Bob was any better, though people will say that.

He has a track record of being a winner and good goalie. This is a funk, and combine that with god awful defense and zero physical presence and you have some of the worst hockey i have seen them play in years.

Keep in mind we still have a winning record and the season is only 10 games in...

Exactly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i took bryz's comments the same way.. taking the blame for an ugly loss.. i actually gained respect for him for doing that.. instead of being the carefree guy that he normally is, he showed that he's just as disappointed as we are

(and i would be one that will say bob played better.. i dont think he had a chance on any of his goals against.. bryz i think had a chance to stop 2 of his)

as good as i thought it was for bryz to take the blame, i put it at the feet of the 'defense'.. which includes the mindless wanderings of our forwards in the d-zone

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i took bryz's comments the same way.. taking the blame for an ugly loss.. i actually gained respect for him for doing that.. instead of being the carefree guy that he normally is, he showed that he's just as disappointed as we are

(and i would be one that will say bob played better.. i dont think he had a chance on any of his goals against.. bryz i think had a chance to stop 2 of his)

as good as i thought it was for bryz to take the blame, i put it at the feet of the 'defense'.. which includes the mindless wanderings of our forwards in the d-zone

matt 'i forget how to play hockey without my partner pronger' carle

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt 'i forget how to play hockey without my partner pronger' carle

ya i dont really understand that.. because IMO carle covers pronger's ass just as, if not more often than pronger covers his.. then pronger goes away and carle couldn't defend a guy in a wheelchair coming down the ice

i love mesz, but he's been the worst of them all so far (at least in terms of playing up to expectations)

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ya i dont really understand that.. because IMO carle covers pronger's ass just as, if not more often than pronger covers his.. then pronger goes away and carle couldn't defend a guy in a wheelchair coming down the ice

i love mesz, but he's been the worst of them all so far (at least in terms of playing up to expectations)

Can we just agree to say they all suck right now and call it even?

Maybe Coburn hasn't been as horrible as the rest but thats it.

Lilja needs to go. I'd rather have Walker.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just agree to say they all suck right now and call it even?

Maybe Coburn hasn't been as horrible as the rest but thats it.

Lilja needs to go. I'd rather have Walker.

haha fair enough.. and lets not put all the blame on the defense.. there were at least 2 goals where briere was covering the ever dangerous faceoff dot while jets roamed free

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick of luck goals - goals that go in off skates or gloves or goals where the puck takes a weird bounce right onto a stick with a wide open net. I understand that they happen and a good team should overcome them, and they are at least partially preventable (in that good d won't let them get the shots off), but seriously, it seems like every bounce is going against us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick of luck goals - goals that go in off skates or gloves or goals where the puck takes a weird bounce right onto a stick with a wide open net. I understand that they happen and a good team should overcome them, and they are at least partially preventable (in that good d won't let them get the shots off), but seriously, it seems like every bounce is going against us.

i agree w/ you to a point.. the bounces have been pretty terrible.. but the deflections need to stop.. the flyers have no net presence in front of bryzovsky.. they need to be tying up sticks and moving guys from the crease.. the flyers are far from small on defense with coburn, mesz, lilja, walker, and pronger.. there's no excuse for teams setting up in the crease, especially the Montreal Cana-Under-6-Footers

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But its tough to push anyone out of the slot because the refs keep calling them for interference. Its the new NHL you can't touch anyone anymore....

As for Bryz I was happy to see him taking the responsibility for the most part no goalie was stopping those goals.

All in all I'm writing it off as an old fashioned shoot out and was impressed that the team didn't give up like most would. They'll get their shit together and with that kind of firepower watch out! Just wish they got a point out of that BS and I'm sure the Jets would have been happy with that too...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz tried to fall on the sword for his teammates but he missed that one too... :frusty: