• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryant To Rockies

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! We lost out to the lousy Rockies? Ya Jerry is the man. Not upset we didn't get him because I think he over valued, but upset we couldn't close a deal with a top FA.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird one. Something seems odd that he ends up with the Rockies of all teams. Why is he not here or in Philly? Or to another contender? Did Boras have to settle for them?

Could be the length of the contract. I don't think it's the $ per year.

I'm honestly not as upset as some of you. I think this team has been upgraded compared to last year, and this isn't an all or nothing season. There will be FAs next year too and a guy like Suarez doesn't preclude us from pursuing any of those. If you're gonna do a big money long term FA deal you better be sure of the guy you're signing. At this point, I'm not 100% sure on Bryant.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird one. Something seems odd that he ends up with the Rockies of all teams. Why is he not here or in Philly? Or to another contender? Did Boras have to settle for them?

Could be the length of the contract. I don't think it's the $ per year.

I'm honestly not as upset as some of you. I think this team has been upgraded compared to last year, and this isn't an all or nothing season. There will be FAs next year too and a guy like Suarez doesn't preclude us from pursuing any of those. If you're gonna do a big money long term FA deal you better be sure of the guy you're signing. At this point, I'm not 100% sure on Bryant.
Again, for me I am not upset in not getting him but am upset we lose out on the umpteenth FA target.

I don't believe in playing for the next year when you are close enough to contend. So much can happen and regression can come on quickly. You also waste a year of most of your roster. Not a fan of that blueprint. Strike when the iron is hot.

And agree you should be really sure of a guy if going that length. I am not with Bryant.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies are psychos, Bryant isn’t worth that and I can see why Jerry dipped

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies are psychos, Bryant isn’t worth that and I can see why Jerry dipped
Agree but also have t understand to get a real vet ballplayer to sign here it is going to have to be a high overpay.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but also have t understand to get a real vet ballplayer to sign here it is going to have to be a high overpay.
Yea but this one isn’t it.
I heard we offered Story a pretty good deal over 100mil he just didn’t want to come here

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think this shows Bryant was willing to simply go to whomever offered the biggest number. Is that really a guy you want leading your team full of up and coming young stars? Talk about team chemistry... At which point in his contract does Bryant start phoning things in because he got his?

Too many red flags for me to regret not landing him.
Again, for me I am not upset in not getting him but am upset we lose out on the umpteenth FA target.

Robbie Ray is the reigning Cy Young award winner and we went out and got him with a big time deal as soon as we could. We didn't lose out on him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but this one isn’t it.
I heard we offered Story a pretty good deal over 100mil he just didn’t want to come here
Which is my point. Very few have wanted to come here so an overpay is the only way. And you don't have a lot of options even in an overpay. Some point to have to go with something that doesn't look the best and just live with it. But I am also ok that Bryant wasn't the one.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Ray is the reigning Cy Young award winner and we went out and got him with a big time deal as soon as we could. We didn't lose out on him.
I said Ray was the one exception and he wasn't their #1 option. Gausman was and he turned us down making Ray available and we snagged him up. I have no problem with that, but even Jack Z signed Cano so one signing does not make him a great free agent salesman.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Ray was the one exception and he wasn't their #1 option. Gausman was and he turned us down making Ray available and we snagged him up. I have no problem with that, but even Jack Z signed Cano so one signing does not make him a great free agent salesman.
I wouldn’t mind if we overpayed for Correa thatd be pretty hype.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is my point. Very few have wanted to come here so an overpay is the only way. And you don't have a lot of options even in an overpay. Some point to have to go with something that doesn't look the best and just live with it. But I am also ok that Bryant wasn't the one.

Like instead trading for 2 Reds hitters who improve our lineup pretty drastically?

Just because you can afford to overpay for a FA doesn't mean you have to blow your wad for one that's not the best fit. There are more ways to improve a team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like instead trading for 2 Reds hitters who improve our lineup pretty drastically?

Just because you can afford to overpay for a FA doesn't mean you have to blow your wad for one that's not the best fit. There are more ways to improve a team.
He was actually the best fit that is why Jerry went hard after him. We may not like him for that money, but that doesn't mean he would not have helped.

Trading prospects for veterans is a cost harder to recover on than a billionaire just spending money. Our 40 man is at $107M I read. We should be double that if the player is there and we didn't take advantage of that this year which is our pattern. This deal and Stroman signing earlier would have been a much better offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, would you all be okay with Mariners signing Freeman to that same deal?

Or Correa to say 7/$250?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually the best fit that is why Jerry went hard after him. We may not like him for that money, but that doesn't mean he would not have helped.
Yes his abilities would have helped, but as I said before, if he's a guy who's just going to chase the highest check to play for a bottom barrel team, that may not be the best fit for the team we're building. This team needs guys who want to compete. The last guy I want mentoring Julio and Kelenic is someone who's likely to tell them to squeeze every dollar out of a team, who cares if you stink?

Trading prospects for veterans is a cost harder to recover on than a billionaire just spending money. Our 40 man is at $107M I read. We should be double that if the player is there and we didn't take advantage of that this year which is our pattern. This deal and Stroman signing earlier would have been a much better offseason.

The point is to improve the team. That happened at a pretty reasonable cost. I don't trust Marcus Stroman at all, so I disagree there completely.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, would you all be okay with Mariners signing Freeman to that same deal?

Or Correa to say 7/$250?
Correa, I have way too big of a crush on France at 1st

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes his abilities would have helped, but as I said before, if he's a guy who's just going to chase the highest check to play for a bottom barrel team, that may not be the best fit for the team we're building. This team needs guys who want to compete. The last guy I want mentoring Julio and Kelenic is someone who's likely to tell them to squeeze every dollar out of a team, who cares if you stink?
Well that is every vet player out there. Maybe he likes Colorado lifestyle? Who knows, but I wouldn't hold the fact he took the most money. Cano did the same and young guys still liked his leadership.
The point is to improve the team. That happened at a pretty reasonable cost. I don't trust Marcus Stroman at all, so I disagree there completely.
But you just said not to pay Bryant his money? So he wouldn't have improved the team? Trading prospects is never a reasonable price vs just spending money. I am sure people said trading Ortiz for Hollins was a pretty reasonable cost as well.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad we didn't sign him, I had hoped we would have though but Dipoto has done pretty well this off season.
That doesn't mean he has to be finished yet though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correa, I have way too big of a crush on France at 1st
I would do the opposite though it messes up the lineup and for the fact I hate Correa. But if it is just the money, then just say that.