• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brussel Sprouts

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty underrated IMHO, what you think:yahoo:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With enough butter, salt and pepper, not bad. Although anything with enough butter, salt and pepper is okay. Brussel Sprouts suck.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a grill, some salt, some butter, maybe a bit of Parmesan and I'll eat em all day

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just steam em, light butter, salt...........and bam

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take them over spinach any day of any week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROAST THEM IN THE OVEN!!!

Trim and halve. Coat with Olive Oil, Kosher salt and cracked pepper.

400 degrees, 20 minutes or until browned a bit. YUM

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not under rated imho. I live in a freaking brussel sprout field.... or over looking one. I can't stand the smell, at the right time of year just before harvest when the wind is right our whole house smells like brussell sprouts. It makes me sick to my stomach. As a result, I can't eat them...

I do poach artichokes from a farmer down the road though.... He sends his kids to steal eggs from my chickens in response..... I put hard boiled eggs in the chicken coup once just to give them a little surprise after they cleaned me out a few too many times. He texted me.... "bastard, you freaked my wife out, I am pissing on the artichokes closest to your property as I type this". True story, that gets told every time the neighborhood gets together.

Thats my take on brussell sprouts. My wife loves them, and everyone says she makes the best ones.. Here is her recipe...

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brussel Sprouts are spawned from Satan himself.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not under rated imho. I live in a freaking brussel sprout field.... or over looking one. I can't stand the smell, at the right time of year just before harvest when the wind is right our whole house smells like brussell sprouts. It makes me sick to my stomach. As a result, I can't eat them...

I do poach artichokes from a farmer down the road though.... He sends his kids to steal eggs from my chickens in response..... I put hard boiled eggs in the chicken coup once just to give them a little surprise after they cleaned me out a few too many times. He texted me.... "bastard, you freaked my wife out, I am pissing on the artichokes closest to your property as I type this". True story, that gets told every time the neighborhood gets together.

Thats my take on brussell sprouts. My wife loves them, and everyone says she makes the best ones.. Here is her recipe...

Ingredients
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

Is there some reason that you don't just respect each other's property rights and trade voluntarily instead?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROAST THEM IN THE OVEN!!!

Trim and halve. Coat with Olive Oil, Kosher salt and cracked pepper.

400 degrees, 20 minutes or until browned a bit. YUM

Ingredients
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions

copycat

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wife halves them, sauté in olive oil w onions, let them carmelize and viola, we prefer the smaller sprout.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roast them in the oven

Olive oil
Halved sprouts
Red Onion
Bacon
Kosher salt ( to taste)
Balsamic Vinegar
To die for
Just a light coating on the vinegar

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they make your pee smell funny

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife hates them, hence i haven't had one in close to 40 years.