• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bruins Hosting Penguins, November25, 2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another night of channel switching between the Bruins and Celtics games. :gaah:

I'll probably watch more of the Bruins game, having more confidence in them this season than in the yet-to-gel Celtics.

Who's with me on that?

Speak up, Bostonians! I don't want to be the only poster inthis thread.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another night of channel switching between the Bruins and Celtics games. :gaah:

I'll probably watch more of the Bruins game, having more confidence in them this season than in the yet-to-gel Celtics.

Who's with me on that?

Speak up, Bostonians! I don't want to be the only poster inthis thread.

That's why us Bruins fans who are longtime members here post the game threads on the general board. Fans of both teams plus others who are watching the game chime in. I'll be starting a game thread there (with a more colorful title :becky:)

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why us Bruins fans who are longtime members here post the game threads on the general board. Fans of both teams plus others who are watching the game chime in. I'll be starting a game thread there (with a more colorful title :becky:)

In all honesty, where ever game threads are, things are way too quiet on these boards. ESPNS boards sucked but at least there were guys on the Bruins boards talking Bs. All we have these days is one guy posting game threads and few of us posting...its been disappointing:whistle:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see the point in that, but it just seems a bit off to me for game threads to be on the general boards.

Those, it seems to me should be for discussions of possible rule changes for things not involving particular teams.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have more Power Plays like that, Bruins!

2-0 already!:omg:

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2...what else is new...every game has to be close:wtf2:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, where ever game threads are, things are way too quiet on these boards. ESPNS boards sucked but at least there were guys on the Bruins boards talking Bs. All we have these days is one guy posting game threads and few of us posting...its been disappointing:whistle:

We have tried to explain to you guys that the NHL general forum is where GDT and GNTs should be.

This aint ESPN (Thank God)

We have some spirited discussions that generally never get out of control. We have the best mods on the board to make sure they dont.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the point in that, but it just seems a bit off to me for game threads to be on the general boards.

Those, it seems to me should be for discussions of possible rule changes for things not involving particular teams.

Once agin 99% of the NHL fans that post in the general forum have been here for years. This aint ESPN

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once agin 99% of the NHL fans that post in the general forum have been here for years. This aint ESPN

that being said its like the same 2-3 Bruins fans commenting on every game thread...where are all the "fans"?

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said its like the same 2-3 Bruins fans commenting on every game thread...where are all the "fans"?

We dont have a lot but we dont have other fans that like the Bruins and will root for them. Like Dash for instance. Many more too.

Some of the threads do get a bit crazy especially at playoff time but for the most part only Sly causes trouble :scratch:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 posts in general forum versus 9 here..

I mean take your pick.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have tried to explain to you guys that the NHL general forum is where GDT and GNTs should be.

This aint ESPN (Thank God)

We have some spirited discussions that generally never get out of control. We have the best mods on the board to make sure they dont.

As long as the thread has date of the game in the title I can go along with it, but separate threads on the forums of the teams involved doesn't bother me.

The moderators here are definitely better than ESPN's, no argument there.

A 2-0 night for Boston! That does make up a bit for the channel I had to do.

Watching tapes of games in which I already know the final score just isn't as good as watching them live, IMO.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That could well be. Having only been here since July I wouldn't know.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props Bruin fans, you were no doubt the better team tonight.