• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brugler’s 7 Round Mock for Broncos

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brugler, draft laborer at The Athletic, posted his 7 round mock. Here were the Broncos picks:
1. The Mingo delight - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
2. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
3. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
4. Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina
5. Brandon Stephens, CB, SMU
6. Tarron Jackson, Edge, Coastal Carolina
7. Damar Hamlin, DS, Pittsburgh
7. Jalen Camp, WR, Georgia Tech
7. Trey Hill, OC, Georgia

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brugler, draft laborer at The Athletic, posted his 7 round mock. Here were the Broncos picks:
2. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
I'd like it - if the draft fell this way. If Fields is there at 9 - and the Broncos like him - I don't have an objection to that. What I object to is trading resources to move up in the crap shoot for a QB - if that QB is not Lawrence. I love Cox - Little and Carter that would be a great trifecta.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very happy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rounds 5 through 7 we have some intriguing players here, 1 does make me throw the cheeseballs in the air . The rest I would be hopeful of.

We have talked a lot about the first 4 so I will talk about the others. Brandon Stephens is very raw, but he has that great length and physical tools teams look for in a cornerback. He is an interesting story. A former RB who went to play for UCLA before switching positions as a CB at SMU. He had a very good pro day and has put himself on the map. I think the raw ability with good physical tools is very intriguing and makes him worthy of a pick here, but it really depends on what else is out there. I think he is a guy who is going to need a few years before he is ready to go. He reminds me similar to a Brandon Williams of Texas A&M who was a RB his first 4 season and then his SR season moved to CB because he wasn't cutting it at RB.. Williams ended up being a surprise late 3rd rd pick of the Cardinals but never really made it as CB... Bounced around for a bit and played in the NFL more of a special teams guy with upside at CB. Physically he reminds me a bit of Richard Sherman who started off as a WR at Stanford. He has those long arms, physical style but runs better then Sherman. But I am surely not calling him Richard Sherman as a player, nor am I drafting him thinking he is Richard Sherman. But similar type of situation coming out. His upside may be more of Quinton Dunbar (WR in college, NFL CB) but he has the same length and raw ability.. Again, not even saying he is Dunbar but comparing his situation and physical tools to him. He could end up more like a Brandon Williams project. I think this pick is intriguing but not one I am jumping out of my chair for. A guy who would walk into a good situation learning from a good coach and not having to play right away here.

Tarron Jackson- Very productive college player. My question would be does he have the tools to succeed in the NFL as a 3-4 OLB? Developmental type edge rusher who could be more of a tweener. Does he fit in a 3-4? Does he fit in a 4-3? Does he fit in either? He is a home run swing. His size concerns me as a 3-4 OLB as he has often been over 260 and I surely don't want him him as DE in a 4-3. He has the talent to play in the NFL, my biggest question right now is what system does he need to play in to be successful? His weight makes him a bit of a tweener but if he keeps it down he can make it as a 3-4 OLB.

Demar Hamlin in Round 7 is a pick I would LOVE!!! This is one of my favorite day 3 DB's in this draft. Everyone was talking about Pitt S Paris Ford this year going into the season but I was much more impressed with Hamlin. You can use Hamlin in so many ways... REALLY REALLY REALLY would be throwing the cheeseballs in the air for this pick. I don't think he is there in Round 7 though.

Jalen Camp is interesting. I thought he showed some stuff as a SOPH and JR but played in an offense that never passed the ball. The coaching staff changed this past year and I expected bigger things from Camp and he didn't have a very good season. I don't have him drafted but I wouldn't HATE this pick either because he does have some upside. Just think there may be some other options out there I like better... But would be ok with it. PS type of WR.

Trey Hill is ok to me. Round 7, sign me up. I like that he can play C and OG... I don't know that I ever see him as a dependable starter in the NFL, but I think he provides good depth with his versatility. Not a big upside guy but probably a guy that can survive in the NFL awhile. So value pick here.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is getting alot of steam for us in these mocks.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
1618673596827.gif

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like it - if the draft fell this way. If Fields is there at 9 - and the Broncos like him - I don't have an objection to that. What I object to is trading resources to move up in the crap shoot for a QB - if that QB is not Lawrence. I love Cox - Little and Carter that would be a great trifecta.
So if Fields sat at 7 and denver had him as their 3rd ranked QB and a top 10 grade you would stand pat and hope he falls ?

I’d jump up

ask NYJ how waiting for your QB to fall worked out in 1991?

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Michael Carter in our 7 round DCFFL mock but my bet is he won’t be there then.
Somebody else mentioned above but that’s exactly how I feel. He is what we wished Lindsay was.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Fields sat at 7 and denver had him as their 3rd ranked QB and a top 10 grade you would stand pat and hope he falls ?

I’d jump up

ask NYJ how waiting for your QB to fall worked out in 1991?
Yes - I would not do what you would do. But, you are an astute observer that I have grown to respect over the years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rounds 5 through 7 we have some intriguing players here, 1 does make me throw the cheeseballs in the air . The rest I would be hopeful of.

We have talked a lot about the first 4 so I will talk about the others. Brandon Stephens is very raw, but he has that great length and physical tools teams look for in a cornerback. He is an interesting story. A former RB who went to play for UCLA before switching positions as a CB at SMU. He had a very good pro day and has put himself on the map. I think the raw ability with good physical tools is very intriguing and makes him worthy of a pick here, but it really depends on what else is out there. I think he is a guy who is going to need a few years before he is ready to go. He reminds me similar to a Brandon Williams of Texas A&M who was a RB his first 4 season and then his SR season moved to CB because he wasn't cutting it at RB.. Williams ended up being a surprise late 3rd rd pick of the Cardinals but never really made it as CB... Bounced around for a bit and played in the NFL more of a special teams guy with upside at CB. Physically he reminds me a bit of Richard Sherman who started off as a WR at Stanford. He has those long arms, physical style but runs better then Sherman. But I am surely not calling him Richard Sherman as a player, nor am I drafting him thinking he is Richard Sherman. But similar type of situation coming out. His upside may be more of Quinton Dunbar (WR in college, NFL CB) but he has the same length and raw ability.. Again, not even saying he is Dunbar but comparing his situation and physical tools to him. He could end up more like a Brandon Williams project. I think this pick is intriguing but not one I am jumping out of my chair for. A guy who would walk into a good situation learning from a good coach and not having to play right away here.

Tarron Jackson- Very productive college player. My question would be does he have the tools to succeed in the NFL as a 3-4 OLB? Developmental type edge rusher who could be more of a tweener. Does he fit in a 3-4? Does he fit in a 4-3? Does he fit in either? He is a home run swing. His size concerns me as a 3-4 OLB as he has often been over 260 and I surely don't want him him as DE in a 4-3. He has the talent to play in the NFL, my biggest question right now is what system does he need to play in to be successful? His weight makes him a bit of a tweener but if he keeps it down he can make it as a 3-4 OLB.

Demar Hamlin in Round 7 is a pick I would LOVE!!! This is one of my favorite day 3 DB's in this draft. Everyone was talking about Pitt S Paris Ford this year going into the season but I was much more impressed with Hamlin. You can use Hamlin in so many ways... REALLY REALLY REALLY would be throwing the cheeseballs in the air for this pick. I don't think he is there in Round 7 though.

Jalen Camp is interesting. I thought he showed some stuff as a SOPH and JR but played in an offense that never passed the ball. The coaching staff changed this past year and I expected bigger things from Camp and he didn't have a very good season. I don't have him drafted but I wouldn't HATE this pick either because he does have some upside. Just think there may be some other options out there I like better... But would be ok with it. PS type of WR.

Trey Hill is ok to me. Round 7, sign me up. I like that he can play C and OG... I don't know that I ever see him as a dependable starter in the NFL, but I think he provides good depth with his versatility. Not a big upside guy but probably a guy that can survive in the NFL awhile. So value pick here.

Camp's athletic ability is down right scary! I do agree the Hamlin pick was pretty impressive in round 7.

Overall I was a big fan of this draft. Obviously I think most know my thoughts on Fields. Probably my least favorite pick of this draft was Walker Little. The idea of a guy missing 2 straight seasons and then most likely sitting this year so 3 years of no football before hitting the field just doesn't sound like a recipe for success. The talent is there for sure but man that is asking a lot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp is a great athlete I give him that... Just not sure he is a good football player. He reminds me a lot of a Shelton Gibson/Yamon Figurs. Surely worth a flyer, at worst you stick him on the PS. I thought in his one year to really step up numbers wise with the Ga Tech changing scheme's he was a letdown. But let's face it, even with the scheme change Georgia Tech couldn't throw the ball this year and DT surely didn't have many catches coming out. When I have watched Camp the issue has never been about tools, he is just very raw.. He has a long ways to go but he has a lot to go with to make him successful. Dude could just one camp or 10 years. I am guessing somewhere more in the middle. May get a lot of opportunities based on athletic ability. Kind of like Terrell Sinkfield of Northern Iowa a few years back. Dude wasn't a football player but he was fast as the wind. Camp is better WR then Sinkfield coming out, so he at least has that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp's athletic ability is down right scary! I do agree the Hamlin pick was pretty impressive in round 7.

Overall I was a big fan of this draft. Obviously I think most know my thoughts on Fields. Probably my least favorite pick of this draft was Walker Little. The idea of a guy missing 2 straight seasons and then most likely sitting this year so 3 years of no football before hitting the field just doesn't sound like a recipe for success. The talent is there for sure but man that is asking a lot.

Yeah, I think early Round 2 is way too early for Walker Little. The talent is there, but I think he is a prime candidate to really slip on draft day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think early Round 2 is way too early for Walker Little. The talent is there, but I think he is a prime candidate to really slip on draft day.

He is in a tough spot after missing two seasons. Like I said don't really want him sitting three seasons in a row, but can you trust him to come in and be a starter day 1? I don't think so and if that is the case I would say 5th round is where I would start looking at him and be ok.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in a tough spot after missing two seasons. Like I said don't really want him sitting three seasons in a row, but can you trust him to come in and be a starter day 1? I don't think so and if that is the case I would say 5th round is where I would start looking at him and be ok.
Which positions do you think we have opportunities for a rookie to start? The most likely spot in my opinion is QB and that is the position with the largest learning curve going from College to the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which positions do you think we have opportunities for a rookie to start? The most likely spot in my opinion is QB and that is the position with the largest learning curve going from College to the NFL.

I would put them in this order

1) QB--I agree it is a tough position to learn but at the same time we have seen a lot of QB's come into the league and do well as rookies. I don't think it would be that farfetched to see at least a couple of these rookies light the league on fire early on.
2) LB--I like Jewell and Johnson a lot but it wouldn't shock me to see a LB beat one of them out early or at least get more snaps than expected.

Honestly that is probably the list barring an injury. The rest of the spots are pretty set with an established starter. Most likely spots because I do expect some injuries would be CB and OT.

I'll give one wildcard. I don't think the Broncos would draft someone for this spot but if they really liked a Center in this class I don't think it is farfetched to think they could beat out Cushenberry. He struggled quite a bit last year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put them in this order

1) QB--I agree it is a tough position to learn but at the same time we have seen a lot of QB's come into the league and do well as rookies. I don't think it would be that farfetched to see at least a couple of these rookies light the league on fire early on.
2) LB--I like Jewell and Johnson a lot but it wouldn't shock me to see a LB beat one of them out early or at least get more snaps than expected.

Honestly that is probably the list barring an injury. The rest of the spots are pretty set with an established starter. Most likely spots because I do expect some injuries would be CB and OT.

I'll give one wildcard. I don't think the Broncos would draft someone for this spot but if they really liked a Center in this class I don't think it is farfetched to think they could beat out Cushenberry. He struggled quite a bit last year.

I keep forgetting about Strand who the Broncos where very high on until he ended up being hurt in training camp and ended up on IR. He will be another guy to compete at ILB. I would still like to see is draft an ILB in the draft

If we miss out on the top 4 QBs I am not sure that any of them will beat out Lock in training camp (some of the top 4 may not too). We will see. Broncos were at Lance’s second pro day. They maybe all in on him.

The positions I hope we draft are:
Safety
CB
OLB
ILB
OT
RB

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late in the draft I am looking for special teams players.. Our special teams unit has been pretty bad. Guys who offer some depth but can always make an immediate impact on special teams.

Joshuah Bledsoe, Missouri
Garret Woller, TCU
Zane Zandier, Virginia
KJ Sails, South Florida
Derrick Barnes, Purdue
Darrick Forrest Jr, Cincinnati
Paris Ford, Pittsburgh
Paddy Fisher, Northwestern
Frank Darby, Arizona State

Are names that come to mind.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late in the draft I am looking for special teams players.. Our special teams unit has been pretty bad. Guys who offer some depth but can always make an immediate impact on special teams.

Joshuah Bledsoe, Missouri
Garret Woller, TCU
Zane Zandier, Virginia
KJ Sails, South Florida
Derrick Barnes, Purdue
Darrick Forrest Jr, Cincinnati
Paris Ford, Pittsburgh
Paddy Fisher, Northwestern
Frank Darby, Arizona State

Are names that come to mind.
You are a wealth of knowledge my friend