• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Browns @ Steelers

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man how could have I missed the elephant in the room. Mike Tomlin's streak of not finishing under .500 stays intact!

I think he has more 8 win seasons than any other coach ever since they went to a 16/17 game schedule. Also, I fully expect the missing the play off streak (with under 10 wins) to stay alive.

Tomlin really takes being average to the next level. :D
GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked to my dad briefly. He is a lifelong Browns fan dating back to the late 50s/60s. He can't stand Mayfield, he said "He's like Manziel if he had laid off the booze and coke. Still a clown, just a sober clown."

Where do you go from here? Because I like your coach and I think you have a genuinely good core of players intact.
where to go from here? First tell your dad if he watched Baker and Manziel here on and off the field and thinks they are alike that's a you - well, him - problem.

Where the team goes depends on what they think of Baker and despite his fanboys and critics thinking they know we really don't. They may really think the last 10 games last year and first 2 this season when he was elite or near elite are the real Baker and the post injury baker is not.....and, yes, they also may not think he's the right guy for this team and needs to go.

Guessing he stays unless they know they can find a better option. doubt we get AR, Wilson or watson. Maybe a lesser player like Ryan or Carr?

Could also hope to pull off their Mariota/Tannehill and bring in someone to compete with him (Trubusky?).

Seems like worse case is a healthy, motivated baker asked to prove himself again which isn't a bad option for worst case scenario.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where to go from here? First tell your dad if he watched Baker and Manziel here on and off the field and thinks they are alike that's a you - well, him - problem.

Where the team goes depends on what they think of Baker and despite his fanboys and critics thinking they know we really don't. They may really think the last 10 games last year and first 2 this season when he was elite or near elite are the real Baker and the post injury baker is not.....and, yes, they also may not think he's the right guy for this team and needs to go.

Guessing he stays unless they know they can find a better option. doubt we get AR, Wilson or watson. Maybe a lesser player like Ryan or Carr?

Could also hope to pull off their Mariota/Tannehill and bring in someone to compete with him (Trubusky?).

Seems like worse case is a healthy, motivated baker asked to prove himself again which isn't a bad option for worst case scenario.

He runs pretty hot sometimes, obviously I don't think he really believes that the two are comparable.

I'd say drafting a QB wouldn't be a bad idea either for Cleveland in this scenario.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs pretty hot sometimes, obviously I don't think he really believes that the two are comparable.

I'd say drafting a QB wouldn't be a bad idea either for Cleveland in this scenario.
Not opposed to drafting one but this team is built to win now and not sure there's a rookie we can get to help soon enough. Maybe draft one a little later as a backup or to groom.