• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns @Bills game snow watch

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worcester for us NE boys, snowbelt
If you’re wondering about the snowiest places in Vermont, you’ve come to the right place. Cabot receives an average of 149 inches per year, East Calais receives an average of 143 inches per year, Woodbury receives an average of 142 inches per year,

I grew up in between Cabot and Woodbury. Really surprised that it has a higher annual than Buffalo area. Must be more snow storms, but fewer high accumulation storms.
Maybe.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind.
66" in 24 hours.
My wife and daughter are 63"
I have seen some big 24 hour snow fall totals.
That's fuckinghuge....

And that ain't all.
77" or more and still snowing.

Nope. Go play in Detroit.

That said...I wish I had a legitimate reason to go drive around Buffalo.

No I don't, I only have all season tires. That's definitely a reason for dedicated snow tires.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing thing to me is that this is purely lake effect snow coming off of Lake Erie and exfremely localized. I'm in Rochester, about an hour East of Buffalo and we've had an inch or less, mostly lake effect off of Lake Ontario to the north. I was surprised to hear of the projected snow issues for Buffalo earlier in the week since there was no talk of anything for Rochester.

This happens every now then there before Lake Erie freezes over. Once the lake starts freezing over that greatly reduces the lake effect. It was a warm autumn around there prior to the past week or so.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a little bit of snow out in Chicago... surprised to see it..

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(sorry, image didn't post)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Cleveland! (I love seeing media hype get blown up lol - if Browns beat the Bills it should stir the pot)

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Bills make it to Detroit?
The most challenging part was all the players getting out of their own driveways at home. Some neighbors had to chip in to get them dug out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know GB already ran this game plan. Snow was shoveled to by fans and removed.
My question is, I have a pretty big driveway, not massive but good size. I shovel or snow blow and when you scoop the snow, or throw it, it doesn't disappear, it is just relocated. So in a stadium covered in 6 feet of snow, where exactly do you as a fan carry your scoop of snow to? I am just asking, because no matter where you put it in a stadium, you are putting it in someone elses seat, the aisle for walking, or on the field.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is, I have a pretty big driveway, not massive but good size. I shovel or snow blow and when you scoop the snow, or throw it, it doesn't disappear, it is just relocated. So in a stadium covered in 6 feet of snow, where exactly do you as a fan carry your scoop of snow to? I am just asking, because no matter where you put it in a stadium, you are putting it in someone elses seat, the aisle for walking, or on the field.

Eat it

Each fan must eat his or her snow

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My answer is GB had fans clear the stands while a snow clearing crew cleared the field and removed the snow from the stadium.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we get big snow storms, Bills management advertises during the week for people to shovel snow.

Presumably they have everybody push the snow down toward the field, and then put it in trucks and haul it away.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is not a popular opinion, but yet another reason for northern teams to have domes to protect the game a little more.

Have all fields be the field turf to keep the footing on the field good, and the quality of the field nice in inside facilities, which all northern teams should have. Fans appreciate the atmosphere at a game more, the players are less prone to getting sick or hurt.

That would indeed change the game, but the conditions would be better for fans and players.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Not near the amount of snow, but I remember one Pats game where they piled it behind the Dolphins sideline. That was funny, IMO.