• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown is going to the Raiders!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played with several when Ben wasn't in, I think 3-4 more. He caught 0 combined TDs from them. Now while I think Derek Carr is better than Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs, he's not on Ben's level, so it's presumptuous to think you're getting the exact same Antonio Brown in Oakland as you had in Pittsburgh.

AB stats with Brady don't suck. They don't exist.
3 or 4? So he's played with a few BACKUP QBs and your going to run with that?
Quick search QBs who stated games in which AB has played is "OLD No Longer Vick" Michael Vick, and Landry Jones.

Yes his stats dropped from Ben is his QB, but most WR stats do drop when the backup plays.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick search QBs who stated games in which AB has played is "OLD No Longer Vick" Michael Vick, and Landry Jones.

Yes his stats dropped from Ben is his QB, but most WR stats do drop when the backup plays.
they do, they dont always PLUMMET, if your the best there is, i mean larry fitz makes it work

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do, they dont always PLUMMET, if your the best there is, i mean larry fitz makes it work
I said most WRs stats drop with backups not all. Besides Fitzgerald has played with so many QBs its it's hard to tell who were starters and who were backups. You could say LF has played with more BUs than starters.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's also played with Josh Dobbs, Charlie Batch, and Byron Leftwich in his time in Pittsburgh. As I mentioned, Carr is better than these guys, but he's certainly no Ben. Pittsburgh also had a fantastic OL while Oakland's is horrible, which is going to impact his effectiveness. Carr was sacked almost twice as much as Ben last year.

Point is, I'm not saying he's just going to fall of the map, but I think it's foolish to assume you're getting AB from the last 6 years when his surroundings have dropped off substantially. I think they would've been better off using that money towards upgrading the defense or OL than spending it on a 31 year old WR with character and passion questions. You don't win in the NFL that way.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the best way to sum this up is AB wins and everybody else loses. At least, that's the way I see it. The Raiders do get a true #1 WR for Carr and didn't give up much draft wise but the contract has to hurt them moving forward, imo. I guess we will see if Mayock and Chucky can use all their draft picks wisely before the move to Vegas.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also played with Josh Dobbs, Charlie Batch, and Byron Leftwich in his time in Pittsburgh. As I mentioned, Carr is better than these guys, but he's certainly no Ben. Pittsburgh also had a fantastic OL while Oakland's is horrible, which is going to impact his effectiveness. Carr was sacked almost twice as much as Ben last year.

Point is, I'm not saying he's just going to fall of the map, but I think it's foolish to assume you're getting AB from the last 6 years when his surroundings have dropped off substantially. I think they would've been better off using that money towards upgrading the defense or OL than spending it on a 31 year old WR with character and passion questions. You don't win in the NFL that way.
I wonder how long it takes him to force his way out of Oakland.

It worked once, could work again. I'd be surprised if he lasts two full seasons in Oakland/Vegas.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long it takes him to force his way out of Oakland.

It worked once, could work again. I'd be surprised if he lasts two full seasons in Oakland/Vegas.
how long is the guaranteed money?