• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown is going to the Raiders!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would u want an aging cancer? your teams "goal" was to get younger and grow, you let mack and cooper go, but are gonna take a 31 year old headcase? who wants massive money?

I can see the reporter talking to the young Raiders WR at the end of the year:

"So what did you learn from AB?" "I learned to .catch and I learned to bitch"

I thought you already knew ow to catch" "I'm talking about catching some money"

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they use it to move up, I'd be a lot happier if they do
you know. after I think about it. Gruden did well on this. At least in the short term. (I know I sound crazy but just listen) For the next couple years atleast it should be common sense (talent wise) Brown is better than Cooper.
If you believe in the draft value chart (which I get some dont) the 27th pick (received from the cowboys for Cooper) is 680 points
a 3rd & 5th from the raiders 260 + 35.
The raiders get Brown + a lot of extra points if you look at like that.

So for the next couple years this is an advantage.
Problem I see is. Raiders are well a lot of adjectives come to mind. None good.
By the time I see the Raiders possibly being relevant if led right. Not so sure Brown will still be as relevant. But for the next couple years. This is a win for the raiders. If Brown doesnt lose his mind.

As far as the steelers goes though. They won by getting rid of him.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd and a 5th... lmao!!! I guess not many teams wanted that dumbass.

I'd say it was more Brown wouldn't negotiate with any of the teams that were offering more to spite the Steelers. No team is going to give assets up for a player that is threatening retirement unless they have a deal in place before the trade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it was more Brown wouldn't negotiate with any of the teams that were offering more to spite the Steelers. No team is going to give assets up for a player that is threatening retirement unless they have a deal in place before the trade.
Oh I think he negotiated with those teams, probably started with I want a new contract....for $50 million, teams go " uh don't think so", Brown " I'm not reporting then."

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he negotiated with those teams, probably started with I want a new contract....for $50 million, teams go " uh don't think so", Brown " I'm not reporting then."
thnk the 30 mil guaranteed was his 1st hurdle. the 16+ a year will be standard for #1 WRs.
Cooper is expected to get that in his contract. So the 50 mil. is reasonable for the raiders. No way the Steelers should have bowed to it since he was only half way through his contract. They are the victims of Brown's Divaness. But they could have forced his retirement & go the way of the Lions or trade his ass.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thnk the 30 mil guaranteed was his 1st hurdle. the 16+ a year will be standard for #1 WRs.
Cooper is expected to get that in his contract. So the 50 mil. is reasonable for the raiders. No way the Steelers should have bowed to it since he was only half way through his contract. They are the victims of Brown's Divaness. But they could have forced his retirement & go the way of the Lions or trade his ass.

I definitely would have called his bluff

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should of. I'm sure the idea of Brown non stop bad mouthing the Steelers while on the roster wasn't appealing, but they should of stood up to him. Now they opened a can of worms. Mark my words we will be seeing more of this crap going forward now.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should of. I'm sure the idea of Brown non stop bad mouthing the Steelers while on the roster wasn't appealing, but they should of stood up to him. Now they opened a can of worms. Mark my words we will be seeing more of this crap going forward now.
thing is. they are trying to stay relevant right now.
They already had his replacement. Granted the cap hit sucks but him staying on the team only was gonna make things worse. Sucks when one of your top guys turns on you like that, but keep in mind. The Lions hasnt really been relevant since sticking to their guns. Although admirable. Steelers are dealing with multiple train wrecks. They had to put out a fire somewhere or no one would want to play their in the foreseeable future.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is. they are trying to stay relevant right now.
They already had his replacement. Granted the cap hit sucks but him staying on the team only was gonna make things worse. Sucks when one of your top guys turns on you like that, but keep in mind. The Lions hasnt really been relevant since sticking to their guns. Although admirable. Steelers are dealing with multiple train wrecks. They had to put out a fire somewhere or no one would want to play their in the foreseeable future.
Players will follow the money. I put zero stock in your theory on that matter.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players will follow the money. I put zero stock in your theory on that matter.
oh. I was talking of the team there. Not the player.
Obvious the player 99% of the time is about the money.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of AB all but assures that “Hard Knocks” will be headed to the raiders this year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of AB all but assures that “Hard Knocks” will be headed to the raiders this year.
that will probably help pay for his salary LOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have rather seen a fuck you AB than a 3rd and a 5th.

But maybe the steelers can clean all the bullshit out in one shot now.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should not have let him get away acting like he was a free agent, rather than under a long term contract, that sets a bad example for other asshats in the NFL..the good news is he's gone and the Raiders cancer now..

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is, AB has NEVER played with another QB so of course his stats aren't as good as they are with Ben.

AB stats wirh Brady suck.
He's played with several when Ben wasn't in, I think 3-4 more. He caught 0 combined TDs from them. Now while I think Derek Carr is better than Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs, he's not on Ben's level, so it's presumptuous to think you're getting the exact same Antonio Brown in Oakland as you had in Pittsburgh.

AB stats with Brady don't suck. They don't exist.