• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooklyn Nets vs. Golden State Warriors to be played without fans.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://kutv.com/news/coronavirus/rudy-gobert-issues-apologizes-over-coronavirus-on-instagram

Initial reports didn’t say who, they just said a Utah Jazz player. Maybe even later report still city Utah Jazz player? Gobert was the one that was listed with an illness which is customarily on pregame reports for fairness and betting. It’s the media and everyone else who figured out and then Gobert talked about it. Even though somebody could be upset that the team was released, it is in the public interest for people to know which team so they could know whether they came into contact with them. They couldn’t say some NBA player or some sports athlete.

When I hear reports now, it seems like Gobert volunteered his name to be released. (TNT, ESPN).

Are you hearing something similar?

When the doctor Donnie Strack ran onto the court for the Thunder game, to stop the game, do you think he said "a player on the Jazz", or "Rudy Gobert"?

Report: Thunder head doctor ran to officials moments before tipoff vs. Jazz

Mudiay was ill, but has tested negative.

After Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell test positive for coronavirus, NBA hiatus will be ‘most likely at least 30 days,’ commissioner Adam Silver says

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why they suspended this contest.

But they should still keep the commercials with people licking fingers, and the slogan.

KFC Is Looking for a Professional "Finger Licker"

Isn’t it obvious? If you can’t touch your mouth or face after touching something that could have the virus, they don’t want to be indirectly responsible for somebody licking their finger for an advertisement for their product. People are bound to touch chicken anyway with their hands and then eat that same part and you can’t prove it, and people should wash their hands before eating it, so there will be a defense for it, but you might as will not get bad publicity about it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is going to eat fried chicken, it will be with their hands.

So they'll only be eating it if they think the chicken doesn't have the virus.

So if they wash their hands, then eat with their hands, then wash their hands again, isn't that ok?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I said it was ok to suspend the contest is because people will tweet videos of themselves being stupid, and licking stupid things.

But for an official photo shoot, there will be a controlled sequence of behaviors, with safe procedures in place, and an advertising and legal team watching them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an employee standing outside of Costco, with a bullhorn.

His only job is to announce the 12-18 things that they are completely out of, before customers enter the store.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nets had played the Jazz on January 14, 2020.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone is going to eat fried chicken, it will be with their hands.

So they'll only be eating it if they think the chicken doesn't have the virus.

So if they wash their hands, then eat with their hands, then wash their hands again, isn't that ok?

But they won’t. They can’t sue KFC, they’d lose for proof and own responsibility and as I said, the fact that they are already touching what they will eat. But still bad publicity does no good, especially if it encourages people who are skeptical of their risk doing it for a chance to be in an ad. If the promotion were super big and good, they would do it but not for something so little, in my opinion.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they won’t. They can’t sue KFC, they’d lose for proof and own responsibility and as I said, the fact that they are already touching what they will eat. But still bad publicity does no good, especially if it encourages people who are skeptical of their risk doing it for a chance to be in an ad. If the promotion were super big and good, they would do it but not for something so little, in my opinion.

That's why I said they should suspend the contest. So no photo shoot opportunity.

But still keep the slogan in regular TV and radio commercials.

Would it work if they did something like this?

For commercials, showed or had audio of the food being prepared, but not transmit any video or audio of people eating.

Is that what food commercials will be like, for the next while? Don't show people eating, but emphasize how fresh it is, and how delicious it looks/sounds?

I guess you are saying that even if they take these steps, you still don't want KFC to end with "It's Finger Lickin' Good", even if they don't show people eating.

Did I understand correctly?

(BTW, I haven't heard that in the US in a long time, it seems that they stopped a while ago. But they still use it in Europe).

I mention prepared TV commercials, because they are scripted, and thus be more controlled. They can have people there, but not show them eating, just surrounded by food.

Things can go more wrong with random fans in a photo shoot, with some fans touching food, so that's why I would suspend the contest.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gobert Is The Best Player In Sports.

Agree @MHSL82?

If he hadn't gotten it when he did, and the league continued playing for a few more days, so many more people would have gotten it.

You haven't answered this question yet. Can you answer this?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree @MHSL82?

If he hadn't gotten it when he did, and the league continued playing for a few more days, so many more people would have gotten it.

Rudy Gobert should win Defensive Player Of The Year.

He saved a lot of lives by getting the shutdowns and travel restrictions started earlier.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said they should suspend the contest. So no photo shoot opportunity.

But still keep the slogan in regular TV and radio commercials.

Would it work if they did something like this?

For commercials, showed or had audio of the food being prepared, but not transmit any video or audio of people eating.

Is that what food commercials will be like, for the next while? Don't show people eating, but emphasize how fresh it is, and how delicious it looks/sounds?

I guess you are saying that even if they take these steps, you still don't want KFC to end with "It's Finger Lickin' Good", even if they don't show people eating.

Did I understand correctly?

(BTW, I haven't heard that in the US in a long time, it seems that they stopped a while ago. But they still use it in Europe).

I mention prepared TV commercials, because they are scripted, and thus be more controlled. They can have people there, but not show them eating, just surrounded by food.

Things can go more wrong with random fans in a photo shoot, with some fans touching food, so that's why I would suspend the contest.

I don’t think they should change commercials. They can shoot people eating food and all that. I was just talking about what I thought the rationale was in not having a contest where people lick their fingers. But maybe it’s my fault because I didn’t click on your link. I just thought you were saying that they were asking people to submit photos basically having their fingers in their mouth in someway.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they weren't asking people to have fingers in their mouth.

They were asking people to show different ways they love KFC.

For example, before the contest was suspended, someone wrote how many times a year they went to KFC.

I still think it's ok to suspend the contest right now, because I do think people will take things too far, and do unhealthy things.

Here's the part of the contest where it says what to do:

++++++++++++++

"If they think they fit the beak, then hopefuls should tweet KFC (in no more than 280 characters!) with one good reason why the colonel should choose them for this world first one day finger lickin'-ternship."

++++++++++++++++

So yes, the contest is more about showing how big of a KFC fan someone is, than actually licking fingers.

For example, someone can show all of the collectibles they might have, or posters, or how they have custom made KFC plates, etc.

A good idea is probably to have a costume like The Colonel.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree @MHSL82?

Nah. I’m never going to call any player the best. I may jokingly call someone the worst.