• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronson goes Snake

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Saturn Nuts has a new gig with the D-Backs.
Arizona could give the Dodgers some trouble.

A couple of other interesting trannies:

Mitchell Boggs signs a minor league deal with the White Sox.
Boggs may be the worst pitcher in baseball.

As well, Houston DFA'd Brett Wallace. He's no prize, but he's nice bench help.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bronson still has plenty in the tank. He's a junkballer that isn't intimidated in a small park. Besides, AZ isn't as homer happy as GABP, and LA, SD and SF will play a lot better for him in the NLW than CIN, CHC, MIL would. He plays great D, and doesn't miss starts. Hes a good clubhouse presence, the fans will like him. Unfortunately for the Reds, he's too expensive, too old, and arguably would have been the 6th or 7th best SP arm...so he's gone where all that isn't true. Good for him.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am also happy for Bronson.he pitched great for us,never missed a start. I think he could have a pretty good year in Arizona. He got what he wanted 2 years 19 million.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the buyout it's $23.5... It's more than the Reds could afford I suppose.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Phils signed Burnett.

Anybody else suspicious about that Parrots pitching?

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm suspicious Burnett can repeat last years ERA in the Philly park, one year older. Pirates have lots of young arms, that still have lots to prove in the W-L column.

Reds on the other hand, have several SP's that have already shown they've got the stuff....But, there are questions. Im not confident in Cueto's health, or Cingrani's ability to get hitters out if they stop swinging at the collarbone high fastball- he doesn't have another pitch...and if the Reds refuse to consider Chapman a SP, they are omitting potentially the most dominant LHSP since Randy Johnson or at least Clayton Kershaw, and teams just don't win the Series ( or get there much) without at least one LHSP...Latos had "minor" elbow work done, if there is such a thing. Leake had much better results last year, with the exact same repertoire from his mid 4 ERA in 2012. Bailey has tossed 2 no-no's already, and looks poised to bail to a better contract after this year. I was never thrilled with Sean Marshall, a guy not good enough to close or start with bad Cubs teams, but if he's done, Manny Parra's only effective season of his career has to make up the difference ?

All in all, the Reds DO have better pitching on paper than all but a few teams, and they've played good D. Offense and baserunning, not so much.

Unless someone surprises, the offense consists of Joey Votto getting pitched around, Jay Bruce hitting 30 HR a year between strikeouts, and Brandon Phillips hitting .260 trying to pull HR's with warning track success rates. Hamilton's skill set could be a big lift if he gets on base, but the rest are just low contact, low OBP, low small ball skilled, bad baserunning swingaholics looking for a random HR or two in their next 7 for 30 "streak". Gotta hope the pitching is awesome, and Price can get these guys to make more left turns on the bases without a 3 run homer.