• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronco's Roster Weaknesses

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster is in pretty good shape, but I see three weaknesses:

1) Lack of depth on the interior Dline. Plus, the depth in place are mid-level draft picks.
2) Virtually no depth at ILB. There's a top three and Baron Browning over at edge.
3) Russ Wilson is huge as the starter, and he has an impressive history of durability, but things seem pretty weak behind him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably like Josh Johnson better then most... The guy has taken advantage of every opportunity but nobody ever wants to commit to him as a long term #2 QB... But like any team it will be hard to win with your backup QB in the NFL but I think he is our best #2 QB in a very long time. That isn't going out on a limb because we haven't had a good #1 for a very long time! ;)

Alexander Johnson is still sitting out there. ;)

I am not too worried about ILB to be honest. Actually, not at all barring injuries which change everything at any position. Singleton is a tackle machine, Griffith was great last year when he was needed and Jewell is Jewell and very dependable. Browning did well at ILB and while we want to use him as FT edge we know what he can do at ILB and if ILB becomes a concern he can always go back over. No ideal while learning OLB but we know he is a good option. To me we have 4 proven ILB's on the roster... I also think Maufi and Wright have legit NFL potential and could add something for us depth wise. Barrington Wade will compete with them and Wade isn't bad himself but probably not great upside.

All of these guys do more for me then Justin Stranad... Guy I really liked coming out but he looked terrible last year and when we needed him the most he was exposed last year. Maybe he will get better this year... But I am leaving him off my roster prediction.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster is in pretty good shape, but I see three weaknesses:

1) Lack of depth on the interior Dline. Plus, the depth in place are mid-level draft picks.
2) Virtually no depth at ILB. There's a top three and Baron Browning over at edge.
3) Russ Wilson is huge as the starter, and he has an impressive history of durability, but things seem pretty weak behind him.

As John Elway said with Manning "We are going with Plan A". I don't mind Johnson, but you are right you get what you pay for and at this point the Broncos need to bank on Wilson staying healthy.

I also agree on the interior DL. Love the Jones boys, but behind them is a lot of question marks. Either need the rookies to really show well early on or Agim to take that next big step in his career if the IDL group is going to have any kind of quality.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably like Josh Johnson better then most... The guy has taken advantage of every opportunity but nobody ever wants to commit to him as a long term #2 QB... But like any team it will be hard to win with your backup QB in the NFL but I think he is our best #2 QB in a very long time. That isn't going out on a limb because we haven't had a good #1 for a very long time! ;)

Alexander Johnson is still sitting out there. ;)

I am not too worried about ILB to be honest. Actually, not at all barring injuries which change everything at any position. Singleton is a tackle machine, Griffith was great last year when he was needed and Jewell is Jewell and very dependable. Browning did well at ILB and while we want to use him as FT edge we know what he can do at ILB and if ILB becomes a concern he can always go back over. No ideal while learning OLB but we know he is a good option. To me we have 4 proven ILB's on the roster... I also think Maufi and Wright have legit NFL potential and could add something for us depth wise. Barrington Wade will compete with them and Wade isn't bad himself but probably not great upside.

All of these guys do more for me then Justin Stranad... Guy I really liked coming out but he looked terrible last year and when we needed him the most he was exposed last year. Maybe he will get better this year... But I am leaving him off my roster prediction.

Strnad was the guy I questioned the most on my 53-man roster. I liked him too coming out of college, but last year he looked about as bad as one can look at the position. I put him on my list just mostly because I am stubborn and don't want to admit I might be wrong about him.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be ILB. I like the players overall, but none of them are grade A at their position which we have at least one of at about every other position group. The Dline is thin, but I think Dre' Mont has the potential to be a game wrecker.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be ILB. I like the players overall, but none of them are grade A at their position which we have at least one of at about every other position group. The Dline is thin, but I think Dre' Mont has the potential to be a game wrecker.
I concur, I think we will regret passing on Dean