• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos Move on to AFCCG

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Thursday, Broncos fans!

There is a lot of nervousness within our fanbase heading into this Sunday's playoff tilt with the San Diego Chargers. It's completely understandable after last year's Divisional Playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The San Diego Chargers are the only team to beat the Broncos in Denver this year, their head coach knows our QB very well and a fear that our team will come out "tight" is prevalent.

Traditionally, I'm always nervous heading into any "must-win" win game as a Broncos fan. However, I gotta tell ya that this Sunday's game is different. I've never been more confident heading into a playoff game before. Take heart Broncos fans and here are some additional thoughts:

• This Broncos team is focused, pissed and committed to do whatever it takes to win the game
  • The Broncos are just a stronger team than the Chargers, with the best offense to ever play the game
  • Peyton Manning is on a mission. If there's a quarterback that can deliver a win through preparation and execution, it's Peyton.
  • Wes Welker is back in the line up. Third downs will come more easily and the SD defense will have to make more difficult decisions.
  • Jack Del Rio may be the most important character in this match up. His squad is going to not let the Chargers get out on the edge and Terrance Knighton and company will not give way in the middle.
  • The output of our offense will diminish the need for our defense to be perfect. The Broncos will score over 40 points in this game.
  • Champ Bailey is back. He will make a couple of spectacular plays
  • Home field advantage is huge and I know that my fellow Broncos fans will do their part at Mile High!
  • The Chargers are more banged up than the Broncos
  • The Broncos will force Phillip Rivers to throw the ball more. Although Gates and Keenan Allen have skills, his weaponry is limited. The more he throws, the more opportunity for a defensive turnover IMO.
  • We've got this, guys!
I've never guaranteed a win in my entire life, so this is new territory for me but I just feel like this team is special and it's our time! Go Broncos!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, MH64. Certainly hope that you are right about your prediction. You cite a number of factors that certainly favor our team.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking away Gates and Allen will be huge, but we also need to be aware of that Green kid they have at TE now. He's got Antonio Gates 2.0 written all over him and has made some huge plays for the Chuggers down the stretch. I would imagine that DRC will be on Allen, right?

I'm guessing Harris will move back to nickel in this game?

Good God this has been a long week.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking away Gates and Allen will be huge, but we also need to be aware of that Green kid they have at TE now. He's got Antonio Gates 2.0 written all over him and has made some huge plays for the Chuggers down the stretch. I would imagine that DRC will be on Allen, right?

I'm guessing Harris will move back to nickel in this game?

Good God this has been a long week.

I think DRC should be locked on Allen all game and Chris Harris should be locked on Eddie. We may need to double Gates, especially on 3rd downs but their other receiving options don't scare me (except Woodhead out of the backfield). #1 is shutting down the run and making Rivers beat you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is it will be Champ on Eddie for this one since he has been playing the slot position the last 2 games and doing a great job at it.

Just read an article titled "6 Reasons No Bronco Fan Should Be Worried" and it definitely made me feel better about the game.

Pretty much the reasons were
1. Champ is back which then ties into reason 2 of Webster being thrown at 75% of the time last game so the Defensive Backfield should be a lot tougher to throw on than last time plus DRC only played spot duty if I remember because of the short week.

3. Wes Welker is back...Don't see the team having 4 consecutive 3 and outs in this one

4. This was the first game without Wolfe and Vickerson so the team was still learning to adjust to stopping the run which they did much better at over the last couple of games.

5. Matthews with his ankle injury will most likely not be quite the same player in this one if he does play.

6. Peyton Manning now having film on the Chargers with Engram in the lineup. The OL should be able to adjust blocking to account for him being in there.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Linebacking core will be key to this game for Denver and if they come up big on Sunday......Denver wins pretty easily. If they struggle in pass defense and tackling....will make game much closer. They need to keep SD from converting those 3rd down dump offs to Morehead,etc. I do believe they are going to be ready and after Sundays game.......The Bronco D will be talked up and praised for their play as much as offense vs Bolts!!!!