• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos fans booing Peyton?!?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
untitled-1-copy3.jpg

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was Duff but that was with Indy and my pic has him in Denver's uniform just saying

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that looks at game threads here on SportsHoopla should know that any time a player is not playing well, he will get criticized by the fans.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that looks at game threads here on SportsHoopla should know that any time a player is not playing well, he will get criticized by the fans.

Criticism is constructive. Booing your home team isn't

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PM play that truly deserved to be booed imo was the missed 3rd down pass when he could've crawled to 1st down marker...no one within 20 yds of him...the fans saw that and reacted...can't blame them on that one.

Overall, PM was not sharp, but neither was the Bronco DEF...Luck got hit after the pass maybe 3 times the whole game and was never really pressured.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves it today, he's overthrowing people left and right. We didn't come to play today and that's not just on Peyton but he's part of it.

He missed Saunders about 4 times when he was WIDE open.. In years past all of those would have been TD's

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning is done. He's up there in age (39 by next season) and he started at 22 years of age.

He had a great season, but he really tired out by the end of it. His last 4-5 games were atrocious. I think he's running on fumes. He'll almost assuredly stick it out another year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos ended like 9-7 and are a first round exit.

I don't see pro level caliber from Brock Osweiller but who knows.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning is done. He's up there in age (39 by next season) and he started at 22 years of age.

He had a great season, but he really tired out by the end of it. His last 4-5 games were atrocious. I think he's running on fumes. He'll almost assuredly stick it out another year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos ended like 9-7 and are a first round exit.

I don't see pro level caliber from Brock Osweiller but who knows.

Maybe not all the way shut, but the window is very close to being shut on Manning...when you MUST have a 1st down and have a VERY clear path to run for it, and you throw a pass that may or may not be caught...you obviously don't feel too good about your physical condition.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He's not even a real Bronco. He's a rented gun who tried to front run his way to a SB. Zero emotional attachment to Denver. Heart in Indy and always will be.

His heart is in his wallet.

Always has been.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Titans will trade their 1st round pick for him.

Win-Win-Win for the Bronco's, Peyton and the Titans.
Bronco's get a chance at a viable QB.
Peyton still gets paid regardless of performance and won't carry all the blame regardless.
Titans will get fans in the seats...regardless of performance.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the fans that I know or have spoken to that were at the game said the crowd was booing the play calling of the Broncos. A lot of Broncos fans have been pretty disappointed in the game plan recently. However, Peyton Manning is the leader of the team and if fans are booing the team, they're booing Peyton. It's what fans do. They cheer when things are great and they boo to vent their frustrations and disappointment. I'm not saying that I agree with the booing or disagree but that it just is what it is. A Superbowl or bust campaign can generate some pretty lofty expectations that are hard to meet in this tough league.

I don't think any true Broncos fans would slight Peyton's accomplishments and efforts in the orange and blue over the last 3 years. I know that I don't. He resurrected a team that was just coming out of the depths of a number of losing years and helped the Broncos get back to prominence (yes, I know that the Tebow Broncos won a playoff game the year prior). Yesterday's game was just ugly for the Broncos faithful. It's too bad that it resulted in booing the team but there probably isn't a fan base in the NFL that hasn't shown their displeasure for the product on the field at some time in their history.

Overall, I'm just bummed that this is the dialogue today. I guess the healthier conversation is to give a nod to a Colts team that had a great plan and executed it well. It's a really tough time in Bronco land right now in not knowing what the future holds for them but I'll always be a fan and pull for my team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Titans will trade their 1st round pick for him.

Win-Win-Win for the Bronco's, Peyton and the Titans.
Bronco's get a chance at a viable QB.
Peyton still gets paid regardless of performance and won't carry all the blame regardless.
Titans will get fans in the seats...regardless of performance.

If we went to another team, Rams would be a viable choice with Fisher

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the fans that I know or have spoken to that were at the game said the crowd was booing the play calling of the Broncos. A lot of Broncos fans have been pretty disappointed in the game plan recently. However, Peyton Manning is the leader of the team and if fans are booing the team, they're booing Peyton. It's what fans do. They cheer when things are great and they boo to vent their frustrations and disappointment. I'm not saying that I agree with the booing or disagree but that it just is what it is. A Superbowl or bust campaign can generate some pretty lofty expectations that are hard to meet in this tough league.

I don't think any true Broncos fans would slight Peyton's accomplishments and efforts in the orange and blue over the last 3 years. I know that I don't. He resurrected a team that was just coming out of the depths of a number of losing years and helped the Broncos get back to prominence (yes, I know that the Tebow Broncos won a playoff game the year prior). Yesterday's game was just ugly for the Broncos faithful. It's too bad that it resulted in booing the team but there probably isn't a fan base in the NFL that hasn't shown their displeasure for the product on the field at some time in their history.

Overall, I'm just bummed that this is the dialogue today. I guess the healthier conversation is to give a nod to a Colts team that had a great plan and executed it well. It's a really tough time in Bronco land right now in not knowing what the future holds for them but I'll always be a fan and pull for my team.

Good post MH , but as you have heard many times before, Manning is the coach on the field and calls his own plays, or so say his flock.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post MH , but as you have heard many times before, Manning is the coach on the field and calls his own plays, or so say his flock.

Yes, Manning himself said in his presser that he was the one that audibled to several of the long throws down the sideline that appeared to be headed to Colorado Springs. Tough day at the office for the Broncos.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Manning himself said in his presser that he was the one that audibled to several of the long throws down the sideline that appeared to be headed to Colorado Springs. Tough day at the office for the Broncos.

It happens to the best of them, Brady had one of those last year in AFCG and vs KC this year. Be a shame if Manning was that hurt, would have liked to see him healthy

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently fans booing in Denver doesn't sit well with Elway as he's already made a move on John Fox. That didn't take long.