• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos Defensive Secondary

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We like to gripe on this board -and I may be the worst at that. However, the Broncos Secondary seems to be in great shape. With Simmons, Parks, Jackson and Cravens (this year's version of Sua) at Safety - I'd say that is 4 deep in excellent players. At CB - Yaidom has been really good - lots of apparent growth over last year. Bausby has also proven to be skilled - behind them Richardson and Johnson also have shown up. The starters Harris and Callahan are all stars. On top of that Jackson and Simmons can play CB and Parks and Cravens can play closer to the LOS like LBs. Fangio probably can't believe his luck.

These fellows running blow your mind coverage schemes from Fangio - with Chubb, Miller - Jones and Harris rushing the passer - is going to make this secondary's opportunities for turnovers multiply.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract year, playing more zone, ranging free expect a huge season out of Simmions. Justin has like 6 Ints this camp

Jackson has been up and down in TC learning the safety position so hopefully he picks up the defense sooner rather than later.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Simmons will have a nice season. He doesn't strike me as the kind that needs a contract dangling to be motivated, but I do agree he is in for a nice year.

Kareem Jackson should be fine.

Depth is a smidge of a concern for me here at CB, but we have some nice street free agents showing some things in camp/game that I like.

Bausby, Richardson, Stephens and Trey Johnson have all shown things. I wouldn't want to have to rely on the group together a lot, but 1 or 2 on the active roster and 1 or 2 on the PS and I think we should be fine there.

Nothing to do with the secondary but a former secondary player Branden Langley could come into part here. Obviously he struggled at CB and moved to WR and fumbled a punt. But I was told that the coaching staff actually appreciated his smart and hustle on the fumble. They don't want him fumbling again, but the idea behind it to save field position they did praise him for. He is a good gunner, and I don't see him having a big role at CB or WR here, but his versatility could be valuable in a pinch which hopefully never happens. If he does make it this year these will be the reasons. I could easily see him going on the PS again too to get more work at WR, but we also have a lot of undrafted WR's in which have had their moments in camp too. So we will see. WR as always should be interesting.

Not sure what I think of River Cracraft. He could win the PR duties by default, but his durability not a lot of upside could see him off the roster.

Should be fun to see what happens.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how the roster will breakdown just yet but gun to my head today I would like to keep:

CB: CHJ, Callahan, Yiadom, Bausby, Richardson
S: Jackson, Simmons, Parks, Cravens, D. Thomas

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with the above...

I would debate Carter vs Thomas heavily though.

I could also see us potentially be interested in a waiver claim on a Special teams/depth CB.

Trey Marshall is gonna give Carter/Thomas a run too. That final S spot seems to be wide open between the 3 right now. Thomas may have the edge with health and experience.