• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos Coaching

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels - 2 years
John Fox - -3 years
Gary Kubiak - 2 years
Vance Joseph - 2 years
vic Fangio - 3 years

Definition of an unstable franchise. If there is a change, don’t expect top candidates to choose Denver over other openings.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fairly safe to say- there will be no coaching changes or starting QB investments until a new owner is in place. Both positions are have hard market value a new owner would want to control.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up Mingo quit dropping knowledge this fast :) Seems like in the building its playoffs our bust. If we fail to do so you keep Fangio and what keep going forward as is trade names at deadline. I understand Springy's point but, isn't stacking up losing season after losing season just as scary for top HC prospect? Is it better to keep a bad HC another season just for optics?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fairly safe to say- there will be no coaching changes or starting QB investments until a new owner is in place. Both positions are have hard market value a new owner would want to control.
Great Post Mingo

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership will be settled by March of 2022 which is late to make a coach change, but I don't think Paton's hands are tied there. If he wants to make a coach change he can do so at the end of the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up Mingo quit dropping knowledge this fast :) Seems like in the building its playoffs our bust. If we fail to do so you keep Fangio and what keep going forward as is trade names at deadline. I understand Springy's point but, isn't stacking up losing season after losing season just as scary for top HC prospect? Is it better to keep a bad HC another season just for optics?
Fangio strikes me as a fellow - you might be able to talk into stepping down to DC for the HC position -and if so - I would be very happy with that result.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio strikes me as a fellow - you might be able to talk into stepping down to DC for the HC position -and if so - I would be very happy with that result.
Me too

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can’t make heads or tails of our coaches. Final straw was when I saw Von Miller covering Chase Claypool. Might’ve been the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen
You might want to hold off on this we have 12 weeks more of I can't believe what I just saw Sunday sequels get popcorn ready

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we throwing a fade to dionte spenser on 3rd down when we have two big WRs , one going against a backup CB

maybe that was on Teddy but the look is not good for Shurmur once again not understanding his players abilities.

think mcvay or kyle scheme that play up on third down.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this thread players are being called out for not performing. We paid 2 players in the off season, Simmons and Shelby. I have not seen either not giving his all. Simmons was supporting the run and making stops. I also don’t think we can discount that most of the CBs have changed from last year. If our expectation is that a player will be more then what they have been, they it is unrealistic.

I know we fans love the PFF grades and it is a way to compare players, but no one really knows what play was called.

Coaching has been a problem, specifically on the offensive side. Shurmur’s offense is getting worse. This year we are 10% worse on 3rd down, then last year. We are not scoring in the 1st quarter. Albright has laid out there that there is a chance that there is a change at OC. Shula or Munchak most likely to replace him if a change is made. If the offense was playing complementary football it would allow the defense better opportunities to show better.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a lot of noise regarding Broncos coaching. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, but the plays/players often look sluggish.

Our OL has looked particularly soft this year. I know I’m asking for a lot, but I want everyone to play like KJ.

Seems a lot of offensive lines are having trouble this year.
Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins, Patriots, etc.....

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this thread players are being called out for not performing. We paid 2 players in the off season, Simmons and Shelby. I have not seen either not giving his all. Simmons was supporting the run and making stops. I also don’t think we can discount that most of the CBs have changed from last year. If our expectation is that a player will be more then what they have been, they it is unrealistic.

I know we fans love the PFF grades and it is a way to compare players, but no one really knows what play was called.

Coaching has been a problem, specifically on the offensive side. Shurmur’s offense is getting worse. This year we are 10% worse on 3rd down, then last year. We are not scoring in the 1st quarter. Albright has laid out there that there is a chance that there is a change at OC. Shula or Munchak most likely to replace him if a change is made. If the offense was playing complementary football it would allow the defense better opportunities to show better.

I called out Fant this week. Born of frustration for his perceived lack of effort/interest in blocking. There were a few things I noticed in the glimpses afforded watching a game. That, coupled with his overall stats, make me question his status as a first round pick. Given the struggles of the coaching on the ‘offensive’ side of the ball, some of the blame for Fant’s shortcomings certainly could lay there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call Fant Jane now. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Shurmur is a moron. Fant is hurting but, isn't he always. Such a mismatch not being used.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call Fant Jane now. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Shurmur is a moron. Fant is hurting but, isn't he always. Such a mismatch not being used.
There have been times Fant has been dominate, but he disappears from the offense at times. Is that the player? Is that the QB? Is that the Offensive Coordinator? I don’t know the answer. To me the fact that the Broncos took Fant out of the offensive game plan to block TJ Watt was a coaching flaw. We have a blocking TE, so use him to block and use Fant as the mismatch that he is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday - it didn't look like Gruden lost his team - it looked like Fangio has lost his team.

One thing on my mind at the moment is watching Bronco receivers run routes, but not looking for the football - that's a Fing crime in IMO.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose to Redskins Fangio has lost team. Not expecting to beat Clev honestly.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did lose to a team without a coach. If we lose to a team that no longer exist anymore.... well... I am done then. ;)
I call them the Redskins this hyper sensative world we now live in is lame as it gets.

chrisp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I am most disappointed with Mike Munchak.

Guy is supposed to be a legit o-line genius, but from where I am looking the O-line remains the biggest weakness overall even after a few years where Mike would have had input on draft choices and free agency and has definitely had resources pushed his way in that area. Schumur is bad at playcalling and bad at fitting the scheme to the players he has rather than the players he wants, but overall I do think they players he has now - especially Teddy B - are a better fit for his offense than what he started with.

However, we can't protect the QB: 25 sacks in 8 games is horrific, on pace for 50+ sacks this season. And whilst the run game isn't ranked badly overall, its been very inconsistent - we tend to either get stuffed behind the line or go ten yards so that's leading to far too many third and long situations, which is a big part of why we are so awful on third down - teams with a better 3rd down %age tend to have a shorter average distance to go. And I can't help but feel this is more down to the line. Skill position players aren't perfect, they miss holes and drop passes from time to time but overall I can't help but feel the line is the bigger problem.

.....and i was so pumped when we landed Munchak - felt it was a coup, and that it meant we were guaranteed a solid o-line in a few years time regardless of scheme or coaching elsewhere. I think a solid O-line will solidify any scheme and make it reasonably successful. However the o-line doesn't seem to be any better than it was when Munchak joined a few years back.

Tell me I'm wrong. Please. I want to believe the o-line will be magically fixed somehow, or is somehow not the main problem but I'm struggling. I'm almost beginning to wonder if Dennison might have been better because then Kubiak may have stayed and at least we'd have scheme consistency......that's how desparate and disappointed I am.

WHY IS OUR LINE STILL SO BAD???