• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos are in win now mode?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right he has shown 1 time, that he is capable of an epic four game stretch. THat was a long time ago, and he was alot younger and healthier, i jsut dont see it

You could be right, but put yourself in the GM role here...you were 6-10 last year, with a 24th ranked OFC and a 13th ranked DEF...you still have one of the best edge players in the game, and one of the top 5 CBs so your DEF is probably going to stay in the middle of the league.

You have a legit WR1 in Sanders, Cortland Sutton is a solid WR2, good running game...again, you go out and spend $18.5 mil on a QB in FA...why would you not think you're in win now mode?

Now I understand that you don't think Flacco is capable, but if you just spent $18 mil on him you probably think a little differently about the player.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense, decent skill players on offense, new coaching staff, tough division, historically spotty O-line. Who knows?

Flacco is the wildcard for the Broncos, IMO. If he can play decent to good, the Broncos have a chance to win some football games this season.

I'm not betting my house on any of it but as a fan, I remain hopeful.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but put yourself in the GM role here...you were 6-10 last year, with a 24th ranked OFC and a 13th ranked DEF...you still have one of the best edge players in the game, and one of the top 5 CBs so your DEF is probably going to stay in the middle of the league.

You have a legit WR1 in Sanders, Cortland Sutton is a solid WR2, good running game...again, you go out and spend $18.5 mil on a QB in FA...why would you not think you're in win now mode?

Now I understand that you don't think Flacco is capable, but if you just spent $18 mil on him you probably think a little differently about the player.
Sanders is not a legit one, and coming off an Achilles yikes. Sutton could be a solid 2 he did nothing when he had his chance last year . So I strongly disagree in those points. And I don’t believe in flacco anymore than case keenum

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is not a legit one, and coming off an Achilles yikes. Sutton could be a solid 2 he did nothing when he had his chance last year . So I strongly disagree in those points. And I don’t believe in flacco anymore than case keenum
I don't think either of them has to be a "1" or "2", but when you have Sanders, Sutton, and Hamilton to go along with Noah Fant, that's a really solid group of pass-catchers. Definitely better than any Flacco has had in a while.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either of them has to be a "1" or "2", but when you have Sanders, Sutton, and Hamilton to go along with Noah Fant, that's a really solid group of pass-catchers. Definitely better than any Flacco has had in a while.
How do u figure?

Sanders is aging and had a horrid injury, he’s not gonna be the same.

Sutton has done nothing yet. Hamilton is good for short dumps.

Fant hasnt played a down in the nfl yet

That’s a lot of question marks to me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do u figure?

Sanders is aging and had a horrid injury, he’s not gonna be the same.

Sutton has done nothing yet. Hamilton is good for short dumps.

Fant hasnt played a down in the nfl yet

That’s a lot of question marks to me.
Sutton averaged 16.4 YPC with 4 TDs while only starting 9 games. That's not bad for a rookie. Sanders, you're right, we'll see what he can offer. I think with the other 3 though, it's going to be very promising.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton averaged 16.4 YPC with 4 TDs while only starting 9 games. That's not bad for a rookie. Sanders, you're right, we'll see what he can offer. I think with the other 3 though, it's going to be very promising.
He did but also had a big chance to step up, and I believe some drops. I agree the potential is there. Potential for a wicked good offense. But could go the other way too

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Elway's seat is hot so he's doing everything he can to win and have the team at least be competitive to save his job.

The big mistake I think Elway made is after Manning retired is he should've torn it down and rebuilt it again but instead they've been just patching it and trying to make it work for years now.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something?

I look at the Broncos roster and I just don’t see it.