• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read Lock has a great work ethic which should help improve his footwork. I am more concerned about his ability to make pre and post snap reads. A lot of things can be coached and a lot of things can't be.

He seems to be able to make decent post snap reads, I don't know about pre snap. But he's going to be rendered ineffective in the pros if he can't get his ass moving.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned about his ability to make pre and post snap reads. A lot of things can be coached and a lot of things can't be.

This is a concern of any college QB entering the NFL. You never know how they are going to transition. We can't really tell from our seat how a QB reacts pre snap, but both come with experience in the NFL. Either you can do it or you can't, but it is a learning curve for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery Simmons not invited to NFL combine due to domestic violence rules. He was caught on camera back in HS hitting a women.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me, Houston poached our QBOTF being groomed as Manning replacement, played a season, kicked him to the curb, drafted a franchise QB all the while Denver is still searching for one .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few teams looking at MeCole Hardman as a CB. Interesting thought. Very good athlete. Dynamic return man. I would strongly look at him as a return man and hope he hangs onto the ball better than our last Georgia return man who finished the season well on the Bills roster.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, what do you think about Jordan Brown, CB from South Dakota State.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to share the thought that Travon McMillian - is widely under rated in the coming draft (just like Phillip Lindsey was). Last season McMillian gained a 1,000 yards despite having the most porous Oline in the Pac12 (gave up more tackles for loss than any other team) - while he personally led the Pac12 RBs in yards after contact. Whoever drafts him or signs him with get premium value - and an extremely strong and fit RB -- who can catch the ball and block.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, what do you think about Jordan Brown, CB from South Dakota State.

Like Brown quite a bit.

Great athletic ability. Great tools. Very fluid in the hips. I could see him sniffing day 2. At the latest probably round 4, but I think he may hear his name called on day 2. One of my favorite small school prospects this year, if not my favorite.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to share the thought that Travon McMillian - is widely under rated in the coming draft (just like Phillip Lindsey was). Last season McMillian gained a 1,000 yards despite having the most porous Oline in the Pac12 (gave up more tackles for loss than any other team) - while he personally led the Pac12 RBs in yards after contact. Whoever drafts him or signs him with get premium value - and an extremely strong and fit RB -- who can catch the ball and block.

McMillian was great as a FR with Va Tech. They then changed the offense and hardly gave him the ball after a terrific FR year there. Made a smart decision to transfer. He fell off the map his SOPH and JR year at Va Tech.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos appear to be 'locked' in on quarterback with the first round in the upcoming NFL Draft, but things are never so simple. There is a possibility that things don't go according to plan and the Broncos end up going best player available 'BPA' with their first round pick. But who could be that BPA?
I dive in to my top ten non-quarterback prospects as we sit 77 days out from the 2019 NFL Draft.
Top-10 non-QB prospects for the Broncos to consider at pick 10

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos appear to be 'locked' in on quarterback with the first round in the upcoming NFL Draft, but things are never so simple. There is a possibility that things don't go according to plan and the Broncos end up going best player available 'BPA' with their first round pick. But who could be that BPA?
I dive in to my top ten non-quarterback prospects as we sit 77 days out from the 2019 NFL Draft.
Top-10 non-QB prospects for the Broncos to consider at pick 10

I'm going to suggest the Broncos double down - take a 1st round QB - and take a flier on a QB in the 3rd or 4th round too. Elway goes back to the beginning when the Broncos traded for Elway and also took Kubiak and they both came in as rookies together.

What doesn't make sense to me is all the Lock noise - my instincts tell me - if the Broncos were interested in Lock - it would be a secret. Elway's frustrated - he's going to get the top QB in this draft and draft another rookie to push him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to suggest the Broncos double down - take a 1st round QB - and take a flier on a QB in the 3rd or 4th round too. Elway goes back to the beginning when the Broncos traded for Elway and also took Kubiak and they both came in as rookies together.

What doesn't make sense to me is all the Lock noise - my instincts tell me - if the Broncos were interested in Lock - it would be a secret. Elway's frustrated - he's going to get the top QB in this draft and draft another rookie to push him.

I am not sure there is a QB in this draft that is a can't miss prospect. There are pitfalls with all. I know the 2020 draft is top heavy with QBs but how is the depth?

I do like the idea of doubling down Mingo, but I am not sure this is the draft to do that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have not been good at hiding their draft secrets. In fact most years it has been pretty obvious who they want. Last year it was well known that the QB's they wanted were either Darnold or Mayfield. The year before that it was very well known that the Broncos loved Garret Bolles months before the draft. From what I have been told the way the FO is looking at Lock is very similar to how they viewed Bolles of they were going to do whatever it took to get him. They got lucky and other teams fell in love with certain players keeping the Broncos from trading up and having their guy land in their lap.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have not been good at hiding their draft secrets. In fact most years it has been pretty obvious who they want. Last year it was well known that the QB's they wanted were either Darnold or Mayfield. The year before that it was very well known that the Broncos loved Garret Bolles months before the draft. From what I have been told the way the FO is looking at Lock is very similar to how they viewed Bolles of they were going to do whatever it took to get him. They got lucky and other teams fell in love with certain players keeping the Broncos from trading up and having their guy land in their lap.

Thank god they did give up something for Bolles when Ramscheck is the better player. . Based on last year, Denver would have probably drafted the better football player in Ramascheck than the better athlete in Bolles. Get back to drafting football players not athletes.

Hopefully Munch can settle down the Oline

I have Garrett Bolles waterbottle from the Pittsburgh game.

Right now I'd play coy and say we love Lock when say Haskins is the real target like Shanny did in '06 getting Fischer to scout Cutler. That's just me.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Murray now that he has given up Baseball will go top 10

Stay right were are and go the best player on the board. That will not be a QB by the way.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Murray now that he has given up Baseball will go top 10

Stay right were are and go the best player on the board. That will not be a QB by the way.

I agree with this 100%. If the right offer to move down comes along I will listen incase we need additional draft capital next year to move around for the player we covet most.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather trade out of the first round a couple years a build . and get the guy ! not a maybe.

you can become the browns our you can wait and get the Man . I want to wait!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are blessed IMO with the QB we have he is good enough to win now.

I get it we want SB, sometimes you need to be patient!

This is kind of what Clevland did when they gave up. It was right.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are closer to being contenders than bottom dwellers imo.