• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronco Breakout Candidates

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys with good opportunities to breakout:

Strnad
Boone
Cleveland
Cushingberry
Albert O
PJ Locke
Drew Lock

I don't know if they will break out or not, but these are mostly guys the Broncos are counting on for more snaps than last year - or in the case of Cushingberry and Lock bring the level of play up.
strnad has a lot on his plate in this D but if and when it clicks he can be a breakout player

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shout out to Trinity Benson. Sounds like he might be playing himself into a roster spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shout out to Trinity Benson. Sounds like he might be playing himself into a roster spot.

Guy deserves it. He has balled in camp for 3 years now just never really been room. Still may not be... But he is really pushing Tyrie Cleveland. Gonna be very sad if Cleveland isn't on the Broncos roster but Benson is really earning a spot. Probably about time to reward that guy. Cleveland is better on ST's though and when it comes down to that final roster spot you gotta be able to play ST's to carve out a role/serve a purpose. So I still give Cleveland the edge there.

DRE'MONT JONES!!!

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost wish Denver could trade Patrick for a 2nd rounder just to make room for all the talent.

Denver should explore trading one of their CBs as well. Three of their CBs are on 1 year deals.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is giving a second for Tim Patrick.

I vote no to trading CB’s. We won’t get value in return with them being on one year deals. Rather stay as is and re-sign one next year with Surtain likely ready to start next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I vote no to trading CB’s. We won’t get value in return with them being on one year deals. Rather stay as is and re-sign one next year with Surtain likely ready to start next year.
Your vote doesn’t count. That’s your punishment for stuffing the ballot of DBs in the past.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Drew did better then Teddy. I was hoping to get more snaps for Teddy but he missed some deeper throws for shorter throws.

Looking forward to the Seattle game as I want to see more of the starters and what Teddy does with the starters.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I saw was not the way Fangio saw it. He says the QBs are still even.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't wait until next year, Glasgow and Purcell will be off the books and Muti and Agim will be in their starting roles!!! Plus Rodgers will be QB!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:
This might be the case if Lock flames out this year. If by some miracle we get Rodgers he might cover the gap until Arch Manning becomes draft eligible...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I saw was not the way Fangio saw it. He says the QBs are still even.
I think that’s the smart thing to say even if he does actually believe that. Lock looked fantastic but in a game where Minnesota played their 2’s and 3’s I don’t think Lock came out that much farther ahead.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes, Lock had an outstanding day - not just in statistics, but comfort in running all aspects of the offense. He took the 6 yard run when he had it, hit short routes and a couple deep ones. The only thing I didn’t see (and it was limited time) was hitting a RB out of the backfield. My hope (and I know, hope isn’t a plan) is that Teddy not only is pushing him but working with him, and will help him take a big step this year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my eyes, Lock had an outstanding day - not just in statistics, but comfort in running all aspects of the offense. He took the 6 yard run when he had it, hit short routes and a couple deep ones. The only thing I didn’t see (and it was limited time) was hitting a RB out of the backfield. My hope (and I know, hope isn’t a plan) is that Teddy not only is pushing him but working with him, and will help him take a big step this year.
He didn’t need to hit the running back on a check down. I think he wanted to throw it to Williams on his run but he blocked so he had to run.

I have heard multiple times that Bridgewater and Lock are working together to make the team better.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best indication of growth from Lock was the 31 yard completion to Jeudy who was his 3rd read .
sat in the pocket, no happy feet and completed a pass and let the other player do his thing. it wasn’t about Lock trying to do his thing

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best indication of growth from Lock was the 31 yard completion to Jeudy who was his 3rd read .
sat in the pocket, no happy feet and completed a pass and let the other player do his thing. it wasn’t about Lock trying to do his thing
So right you are! Lock did his job on that, but Jeudy showed something on that play - no one talks about related to him - some fantastic open field moves and instincts. Jeudy broke the ankles of about 4 defenders with his first move after the catch and he was mature enough to secure the catch first.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much agree, I guess Baltimore called about Patrick when their WR went down. Denver will receive a compensatory pick for him once he leaves in FA so really there is no desire to trade him unless it is for a second.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree, I guess Baltimore called about Patrick when their WR went down. Denver will receive a compensatory pick for him once he leaves in FA so really there is no desire to trade him unless it is for a second.

YES!!!

Although the comp pick depends on what we sign vs what we lose... But I think we are best to keep Tim Patrick. I think he is more valuable to use then what someone is going to offer us for him and I think we need to keep a vet WR on this roster. We haven't exactly stayed healthy at WR in recent years.