• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Randle Moss

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If moss was willing to play a bit role I would actually be cool with this. Any help he could give Dobson and thompkins on catching the ball, even though both are fairly solid IMO, would help, and he can still be the guy who can sneak behind the defense and make a play.

If he would start, no.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss would be the only one I'd consider, on account of his prior success here (and the fact that I still own a Moss jersey). TO? What has he done to make you think he's an upgrade? Guys get old, they slow down. Why do we think he'll be able to get separation?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was the super bowl MVP if the eagles beat us that year. I don't think he has it left but he is also third all time in td grabs. He could definitely play, but right now he doesn't help us.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was the super bowl MVP if the eagles beat us that year. I don't think he has it left but he is also third all time in td grabs. He could definitely play, but right now he doesn't help us.

If the Eagles beat us that year, almost 10 years ago, when he was already not a young player...

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what abot branch? Lloyd? stallworth? any of the other guys bradys played with to be a bit role

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd retired. He already turned the Patriots down.

Branch would likely be the guy they'd call up if they were out of WRs, but I don't know that he's BETTER than Dobson or Thompkins right now, he's a different player (much more reliable hands, but getting separation has been a problem for him the last two years and it's just getting worse).

Stallworth caught on somewhere else.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles beat us that year, almost 10 years ago, when he was already not a young player...

I was just commenting on all my thoughts about him. He doesn't have it.

Lloyd retired. He already turned the Patriots down.

Branch would likely be the guy they'd call up if they were out of WRs, but I don't know that he's BETTER than Dobson or Thompkins right now, he's a different player (much more reliable hands, but getting separation has been a problem for him the last two years and it's just getting worse).

Stallworth caught on somewhere else.

No desire whatsoever for Lloyd, branch, or any other washed up player when we have the potential we do at the position. If I added Moss it would be with the understanding that with gronk back he's the fifth option at best.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look the Pats are moving on, Branch would be the only option like someone above posted reliable hands. Forget Moss, TO they will be no help, probably would hurt the young guys development. Me players are not going to help the young guys out. Hopefully Dobson gets over the drops no excuses for balls that hit him in the hands, and KT who has the better hands learns his routes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Branch has less than nothing left. At this point I am a better receiving option.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long week this week for the young guys to come back around and figure out where they were a few weeks ago.

We do not need Branch, Stallworth, Moss or T.O.. If we have some more injuries, maybe. Then my vote goes for T.O. just because they have already had Moss, and he begged them a few offseasons for the chance.

With the rain on Thursday, the Jets "experienced" receivers were dropping easy catches as well...All is not lost.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.Take it from a Vikings fan, you guys don't want Randy Moss back on your team. He's among the greatest WR's to ever play the game, and is arguably the one who had the most raw physical talent in his prime. That said, I did a cartwheels back in 2010 when you guys shipped Moss back to Minnesota. I couldn't believe we got one of my all-time favorite players, and Vikings, back for a 3rd rounder. Honestly, even in 2010, he wasn't the same Randy Moss of the late 90's/early 00's, or even his first few years with the Pats. He was still okay, but definitely a shell of his former self. He was still a pouty drama queen in the locker room, but was no longer delivering the out of this world stats. Keep in mind this was 3 years ago, and he's 36 now. Moss was never a mentor as a player, and he never will be, so all he would do is hold your young guys back and slow down their developement. Don't let nostalgia for his first few years as a Pat cloud your minds, you dropped damaged goods back then and nothing has changed.

As far as Terrell Owens goes... Lol. He was always a slightly less talented version of Moss. Don't get me wrong, he was an amazingly talented WR, but he's washed up now and has always been at least as much of, if not bigger locker room distraction than Moss was. Owens will be 40 years old before the year is over. I don't care about any workout videos he's putting out lately, the guy is done in the NFL and pretty much has been for the past few years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss and TO's drama were both overstated. I would have easily taken either or both on my team in their prime. The moss we did get was still well worth it.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss and TO's drama were both overstated. I would have easily taken either or both on my team in their prime. The moss we did get was still well worth it.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'd take 2007-2009 Randy Moss in a heartbeat, or a prime T.O. But that's not really the point, as prime Moss/Owens are long gone. They are old men now as far as the NFL goes and are both washed up. Either may be in great shape for their ages, but as I think most would agree, their playing days are over. This is coming from a guy who would have loved nothing more this NFL season than to see Randy Moss come back to the Vikings and have a good reunion season. But, it's just not realistic at this point. Worrying about guys like Moss and, especially T.O.(again, he's nearly 40 and hasn't done much in the NFL in a few years) is a waste of time at this point. Your top younger guys would likely outperform, and neither Moss nor Owens have ever done much in the mentor role, so I think even pondering the idea of bringing them in is pure nostalgia for what they used to be.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking moss as a fourth/fifth WR to sneak deep. He can still do that IMO. I never wanted him to be the guy. No one else would draw consideration, moss would.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Terrell Owens goes... Lol. He was always a slightly less talented version of Moss.

Ahhh....no.

T.O. was the original Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. A big physical, speedy, multi role reciever.
Across the middle, deep, blocking both line of scrimmage and downfield.
Moss was the greatest fastest deep threat ever. He could pinpoint the balls trajectory from the instant it was released and never look back, just be in the correct place. He could catch the ball without looking at it draped with three defenders. As long as it was a deep pass.

Moss was the original one trick pony. T.O. could do it all.

Last edited by a moderator: