• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Schottenheimer was a great hire as OC HELLO

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Brian Schottenheimer Is A Good Hire For The Seahawks - Sports Insider Online

Hey guys I wrote a new article on the hiring of coach schottenheimer I know its a little late I wrote this last week the editor took forever publishing it, I enjoy your guys feedback and opinions the most check it out!

You bring up some good points and I hope you're right.

What I've heard from fans of other teams in which he was offensive coordinator, the results haven't been promising. It is worth noting that Schottenheimer has had minimal talent to work with at many points in his career, which is a prominent part of your argument.

Will be interesting to see how he fits with the Seahawks. Would've loved to land a guy like Todd Haley though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no fucking clue what Seattle is doing. My thought is Schneider is pissed off Seattle wouldn't let him interview for the Packers GM job so he's doing his best to tank the fuck out of this franchise through terrible coaching so Allen will blow it all up and Schneider can pursue a different franchise.

Schottenheimer, Norton Jr. and now rumors of Zorn. Good fucking lord.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no fucking clue what Seattle is doing. My thought is Schneider is pissed off Seattle wouldn't let him interview for the Packers GM job so he's doing his best to tank the fuck out of this franchise through terrible coaching so Allen will blow it all up and Schneider can pursue a different franchise.

Schottenheimer, Norton Jr. and now rumors of Zorn. Good fucking lord.

lol I highly doubt that this is the case why would he go to a situation where their franchise QB who is coming off a season ending surgery turning 35 next season as oppose to a QB that is in his prime? I get we play in a harder division and he had to deal with a bunch of personalities this with this defense but to purposely destroy the team in order to force the owner to fire you is dumb. and he would never be hired again winning a super bowl looks great for you but getting destroyed and fired will also be apart of your resume

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I highly doubt that this is the case why would he go to a situation where their franchise QB who is coming off a season ending surgery turning 35 next season as oppose to a QB that is in his prime? I get we play in a harder division and he had to deal with a bunch of personalities this with this defense but to purposely destroy the team in order to force the owner to fire you is dumb. and he would never be hired again winning a super bowl looks great for you but getting destroyed and fired will also be apart of your resume

Obviously I'm being a bit sarcastic... but I'm trying to look for any reason why Seattle assembled the loser crew they did.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read and thanks.
For me, our biggest need on O is to be able to run with dominance. I'm hoping BS has a plan with that in mind.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm being a bit sarcastic... but I'm trying to look for any reason why Seattle assembled the loser crew they did.

why would you consider the Ken Norton hire bad? who would you want to see hired as OC and DC?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read and thanks.
For me, our biggest need on O is to be able to run with dominance. I'm hoping BS has a plan with that in mind.

It would be great if the GM would make it public what their mission and vision is and not leave the fans debating on what they think they are trying to do. I would imagine somewhere in BS resume and experience he has done or worked in a system they liked. Like I said in my article he did take a 3rd round back in shonn greene into a back to back 1,000 yard rusher. Although it would be nice I really dont think we need a hall of fame running back to win games if we just had a 1,000 yard back that can avg 4.0 YPC or more would make a WORLD of a difference I think we could have won 11 games for sure if we had that

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would you consider the Ken Norton hire bad? who would you want to see hired as OC and DC?

I wanted Greg Olson or Norv Turner and would've been fine retaining Kris Richard.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is Schneider is pissed off Seattle wouldn't let him interview for the Packers GM job so he's doing his best to tank the fuck out of this franchise through terrible coaching so Allen will blow it all up and Schneider can pursue a different franchise.

3/10 No lizard people, or jewish bankers in your conspiracy theory? Fail.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if the GM would make it public what their mission and vision is and not leave the fans debating on what they think they are trying to do.

When has that ever happened in the history of humanity?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Greg Olson or Norv Turner and would've been fine retaining Kris Richard.

Greg Olsen the player? He never coached before how would you figure that would work out? Norv Turner has a huge resume and has been around a while but he has had plenty failures in his books as an offensive coordinator.

and with the way the defense has been pushing and fighting each other on the sidelines I felt that richards lost complete control of his unit I think having an older guy that was there to help make the defense what it was would be a good situation for them

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if this is a good or bad hire. Everyone has their theory or prediction on that I guess, and right now that's all we have -- predictions and theories and speculation. However, I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that he's never had a more talented QB to work with in previous OC positions. And for that, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Olsen the player? He never coached before how would you figure that would work out? Norv Turner has a huge resume and has been around a while but he has had plenty failures in his books as an offensive coordinator.

and with the way the defense has been pushing and fighting each other on the sidelines I felt that richards lost complete control of his unit I think having an older guy that was there to help make the defense what it was would be a good situation for them

Greg Olson (American football) - Wikipedia

You didn't even respond with the correct spelling I used. I mean, :L

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Olson (American football) - Wikipedia

You didn't even respond with the correct spelling I used. I mean, :L

oh I see yeah I just quickly glanced over the name and thought it was the TE but you didnt respond to the rest of the stuff I said. looking at that guys resume he probably would have been a good hire too but the biggest issue is the run game and BS has had a back that either rushed over 1,000 or nearly 1,000 yards in every professional team that he has worked for from 2001 and on. Greg Olsen as much experience as he has doesnt seem to have that only solid success at the QB position.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if the GM would make it public what their mission and vision is and not leave the fans debating on what they think they are trying to do.
And why do you think they don't? Just to keep us guessing?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you think they don't? Just to keep us guessing?

Idk tell me why they dont. Whats wrong with management telling everyone why they liked BS and what qualities he had that they were looking for?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk tell me why they dont. Whats wrong with management telling everyone why they liked BS and what qualities he had that they were looking for?

So they don't give away leverage via drafts, trades and player availability for one...