• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

brian quick?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he can run in the 4.5 - 4.55 range, then yes I'm all aboard drafting him (see sig).

He's one of those guys with a great catching radius. He'll measure well at the combine (arms, height, [hands?]), have an above average board jump and vertical. I can't really say much else about him though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know very little about him, but from what I read of the senior bowl he struggled a bit. I believe he changed positions fairly recently, so I think he's still pretty rough in terms of technique. He's got ideal size, though. If we haven't addressed the spot, or we haven't gotten a bigger-bodied guy, he might be worth consideration in a later round.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From McShay:

Brian Quick has potential, but he is a raw prospect who needs plenty of work.
Appalachian State WR Brian Quick
We were looking forward to seeing Quick -- who has a lot of upside with his size (6-3½, 222), overall athletic ability and body control -- face a higher level of competition, and there was some talk that he could get himself solidly into the second-round conversation with a strong week.

However, he looked raw as a route-runner, rounding off too many cuts and showing he needs work on his tempo and setting up defenders. Quick also lacked overall suddenness, leading to questions about whether he can separate from underneath coverage at the next level, and even with a wide catching radius he dropped some passes he should have caught. He still has potential and didn't totally kill himself, but Quick now appears to be in the later portion of Day 2 (Rounds 2-3).