• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Flores officially named Miami Dolphins next HC

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Flores officially becomes the next Miami Dolphins HC -- or, the next former Miami Dolphins HC -- considering how things go with this organization, fans, etc.

Thought this was worthy of its own thread. We can continue to talk things up on the off-season thread.

The future of this organization should now continue to take shape after this hiring has been made official. Enjoy the ride.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Flores officially becomes the next Miami Dolphins HC -- or, the next former Miami Dolphins HC -- considering how things go with this organization, fans, etc.

Thought this was worthy of its own thread. We can continue to talk things up on the off-season thread.

The future of this organization should now continue to take shape after this hiring has been made official. Enjoy the ride.
If anything it should make it harder for belicheat to cheat! Flo should know his game. If he's a cheater I don't want him here I want legitimate wins...hopefully he has some integrity.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything it should make it harder for belicheat to cheat! Flo should know his game. If he's a cheater I don't want him here I want legitimate wins...hopefully he has some integrity.

:wank:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every coach blows a little smoke during their interviews - and their introductory presser conference - Flores was no different in talking about him being a team first guy and exuding that high character and integrity we should want from our HC, first and foremost.

To his credit and that of any other person, they deserve a chance to prove themselves on the job first before we pass judgment.

Gase was a guy who constantly preached one thing and then it was a completely different thing when the time came to back up what he was preaching. It can go either way with Flores, all I am saying is the guy deserves a shot to back up his talk about being a guy of high integrity and wanting the same in his players.

We will end up with a few coaches who have been groomed by belicheat, so integrity is certainly a concern. But I think all these guys are capable of being their own person and being better men. I think they've learned under enough people in their lives to be able to know something beyond the belicheat way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach blows a little smoke during their interviews - and their introductory presser conference - Flores was no different in talking about him being a team first guy and exuding that high character and integrity we should want from our HC, first and foremost.

To his credit and that of any other person, they deserve a chance to prove themselves on the job first before we pass judgment.

Gase was a guy who constantly preached one thing and then it was a completely different thing when the time came to back up what he was preaching. It can go either way with Flores, all I am saying is the guy deserves a shot to back up his talk about being a guy of high integrity and wanting the same in his players.

We will end up with a few coaches who have been groomed by belicheat, so integrity is certainly a concern. But I think all these guys are capable of being their own person and being better men. I think they've learned under enough people in their lives to be able to know something beyond the belicheat way.
Agreed and if anything he knows what BB has been up to just like mangini. BB can't afford another blemish on his record....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the coaching staff that Flores and Grier have put together. It is an experienced staff that will have time to develop together. Ross has to be given credit too for giving Flores and these guys a chance. I like that Flores has a 5 yr contract fully guaranteed. It's a clear sign that the organization believes in him and is willing to be patient during the rebuild.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the coaching staff that Flores and Grier have put together. It is an experienced staff that will have time to develop together. Ross has to be given credit too for giving Flores and these guys a chance. I like that Flores has a 5 yr contract fully guaranteed. It's a clear sign that the organization believes in him and is willing to be patient during the rebuild.
Just as long as they don't cheat like belicheat and his owner. McDaniel's probably didn't take the job in Indy because he couldn't cheat...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How could you not like them - they're the Patriots.

Poor Bill is going to have to work without all his best assistants this year. Should be a coup for Miami.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a proven fact that Belichick and the Pats organization have cheated. That said, it's in the past.

As long as the Pats don't cheat other teams going forward I think it's best to not dwell on it. The Fins just need to do their jobs as Belichick would say.

I am not worried that the Fins will start to cheat. Flores seems like the type of guy that will rely on hard work and preparation to win.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a proven fact that Belichick and the Pats organization have cheated. That said, it's in the past.

As long as the Pats don't cheat other teams going forward I think it's best to not dwell on it. The Fins just need to do their jobs as Belichick would say.

I am not worried that the Fins will start to cheat. Flores seems like the type of guy that will rely on hard work and preparation to win.
But here's the thing FOF we don't know 100% that the patsies aren't cheating in some way. The only good thing now is that BB will have a hard time getting away with it against Miami now because Flores can call him on it. Although paying off refs there's not much that you can do about this until the NFL gets a better handle on it...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and if anything he knows what BB has been up to just like mangini. BB can't afford another blemish on his record....

yeah, Mangini, who used his knowledge of Belichick's tricky tricks, to earn himself a 3-5 career record vs. him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here's the thing FOF we don't know 100% that the patsies aren't cheating in some way. The only good thing now is that BB will have a hard time getting away with it against Miami now because Flores can call him on it. Although paying off refs there's not much that you can do about this until the NFL gets a better handle on it...

RE the Refs: I don't know that they are paid off. I just think the refs and the calls under review crew seem to prefer big market teams. In the KC game the Pats had 3 under review calls go their way including the reversal on Edelman fielding the kick. Somehow they overturned the call on the field. Like many people I am just not interested in watching the Pats represent the AFC.

In the Saints game the Refs overlooked a PI and helmet to helmet hit at the end of the game.

This was the first Superbowl that I didn't watch in decades. I lost interest after watching those games. I wasn't the only one who felt that way. It was the worst SB rating in 10 yrs.

RE the Pats trolls on this board: The Fins fans here would be better off just ignoring them then they will go away. Don't feed the trolls is my approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Mangini, who used his knowledge of Belichick's tricky tricks, to earn himself a 3-5 career record vs. him.
3-5 isn't bad especially since he had less talent to work with. It did even the playing field with that cheater... I'm sure Flo will have that same benefit if anything he knows what he does and can counter it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE the Refs: I don't know that they are paid off. I just think the refs and the calls under review crew seem to prefer big market teams. In the KC game the Pats had 3 under review calls go their way including the reversal on Edelman fielding the kick. Somehow they overturned the call on the field. Like many people I am just not interested in watching the Pats represent the AFC.

In the Saints game the Refs overlooked a PI and helmet to helmet hit at the end of the game.

This was the first Superbowl that I didn't watch in decades. I lost interest after watching those games. I wasn't the only one who felt that way. It was the worst SB rating in 10 yrs.

RE the Pats trolls on this board: The Fins fans here would be better off just ignoring them then they will go away. Don't feed the trolls is my approach.
I can't disagree but I do believe that the odd ref especially in NE is paid off as we see more phantom calls when in NE than anywhere else...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-5 isn't bad especially since he had less talent to work with. It did even the playing field with that cheater... I'm sure Flo will have that same benefit if anything he knows what he does and can counter it.

less talent to work with? do you remember those skill position players the patriots had back then? for fuck sake, their best receiver one year was jabar Gaffney. and the jets had among the best defenses in the league back then.

but yeah, you go ahead and do that. wish as hard as you can for flo to "counter" belichick, in one hand, and then shit in the other. you know the rest. ..

….the rest of us will live in the world of reality, in that the dolphins will continue to have their best chance for the playoffs via the wildcard route, as has been the case for nearly the last 2 decades.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less talent to work with? do you remember those skill position players the patriots had back then? for fuck sake, their best receiver one year was jabar Gaffney. and the jets had among the best defenses in the league back then.

but yeah, you go ahead and do that. wish as hard as you can for flo to "counter" belichick, in one hand, and then shit in the other. you know the rest. ..

….the rest of us will live in the world of reality, in that the dolphins will continue to have their best chance for the playoffs via the wildcard route, as has been the case for nearly the last 2 decades.
Who was the Jets QB and please don't tell me that he was any good.... Get fucking real here. Only reason mangini competed was he held the cheat card against BB. If anything Flo will have the same advantage. Boy will you guys cry when the tables are turned will probably be too much to handle after this run...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the Jets QB and please don't tell me that he was any good.... Get fucking real here. Only reason mangini competed was he held the cheat card against BB. If anything Flo will have the same advantage. Boy will you guys cry when the tables are turned will probably be too much to handle after this run...

"you guys cry"?? What, you think I LIKE the pats??? Shit, I wish your predictions would come true, but I've seen enough to know they wont