• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Favre discusses Aaron Rodgers future

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Rodgers runs his mouth too much.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... whether they did or not, I just don't get it.

The Packers are stuck with Rodgers for at least 2 years. His cap his is WAY too much and nobody is going to agree to the trade with $50M dead cap this year, and $35M next. The cap along WITH shared dead cap (which is now a thing) would just be too much for teams to overcome.

So Rodgers is here another 2 years... and I'm SURE :rolleyes2: he'll be giving 110%.

So Love rides the pine for at least 2 years, sacrificing a huge chunk of a cheap QB (which Eagles, Seahawks, and Chiefs all exploited - and HEY, all won Super Bowls - Seahawks even potentially twice if they ran it) for other free agent positions.

Outside of that, Love wasn't even that much of a 1st round QB. He's got all the intangibles but his football IQ is HORRIBLE. Comparing him to Rodgers is completely lopsided. Yah Wilson wasn't that great of a prospect either (on paper) but he was a THIRD ROUND PICK, AND Seattle had ZERO franchise QB.

IMO it's the dumbest NFL pick I've seen in years. I can't think of much worse since I've watched the draft. New York TE-TE comes to mind (but I wasn't alive to witness it firsthand).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Packers are stuck with Rodgers for at least 2 years. His cap his is WAY too much and nobody is going to agree to the trade with $50M dead cap this year, and $35M next. The cap along WITH shared dead cap (which is now a thing) would just be too much for teams to overcome.

So Rodgers is here another 2 years... and I'm SURE :rolleyes2: he'll be giving 110%.

So Love rides the pine for at least 2 years, sacrificing a huge chunk of a cheap QB (which Eagles, Seahawks, and Chiefs all exploited - and HEY, all won Super Bowls - Seahawks even potentially twice if they ran it) for other free agent positions.

Outside of that, Love wasn't even that much of a 1st round QB. He's got all the intangibles but his football IQ is HORRIBLE. Comparing him to Rodgers is completely lopsided. Yah Wilson wasn't that great of a prospect either (on paper) but he was a THIRD ROUND PICK, AND Seattle had ZERO franchise QB.

IMO it's the dumbest NFL pick I've seen in years. I can't think of much worse since I've watched the draft. New York TE-TE comes to mind (but I wasn't alive to witness it firsthand).
Their entire draft was dumb imo. Niners demolished them right at the start. The way to fix that is defense, not offense.

But Rodgers contract gives him all of the leverage.

It would be funny to see Rodgers on the Jets. I think they'd take on a big contract if Darnold doesn't step forward

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their entire draft was dumb imo. Niners demolished them right at the start. The way to fix that is defense, not offense.

But Rodgers contract gives him all of the leverage.

It would be funny to see Rodgers on the Jets. I think they'd take on a big contract if Darnold doesn't step forward

I was baffled when the Packers took Love over Queen/Brooks. I thought either was 100% for SURE who they were going to be drafting. I still think Brooks was a bit of a reach, but either of those linebackers would've INSTANTLY improved their defense.

Some dork somewhere or crappy NFL analyst: "BUT THEY HAVE TO IMPROVE PASS RUSH!"

Just like Seattle, the Packers were a bottom 10 run defense last year. They needed linebacker help TREMENDOUSLY.

I did not have Brooks mocked to Seattle nor did I have a linebacker mocked in the first round, but I expected one EARLY, which is EXACTLY what Green Bay should've done.

Worst OVERALL draft in NFL history IMO. They KIND of saved face on day 3... but just not enough.

Course if Love turns into Tom Brady #2 then well fuck me... but I'm willing to bet... .......... @Shanemansj13 .. I'm feeling bet #2 YOU FUCK! this wont happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was baffled when the Packers took Love over Queen/Brooks. I thought either was 100% for SURE who they were going to be drafting. I still think Brooks was a bit of a reach, but either of those linebackers would've INSTANTLY improved their defense.

Some dork somewhere or crappy NFL analyst: "BUT THEY HAVE TO IMPROVE PASS RUSH!"

Just like Seattle, the Packers were a bottom 10 run defense last year. They needed linebacker help TREMENDOUSLY.

I did not have Brooks mocked to Seattle nor did I have a linebacker mocked in the first round, but I expected one EARLY, which is EXACTLY what Green Bay should've done.

Worst OVERALL draft in NFL history IMO. They KIND of saved face on day 3... but just not enough.

Course if Love turns into Tom Brady #2 then well fuck me... but I'm willing to bet... .......... @Shanemansj13 .. I'm feeling bet #2 YOU FUCK! this wont happen.

So you are willing to bet Jordan Love doesnt turn into Tom Brady 2.0...no shit, dumbfuck. Give me odds 3M to 1 and we are good. Put up real money too lolzzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue what Love will become but that is the future not the present. You have one of the best QB’s of all-time on the roster RIGHT NOW. This is the deepest WR draft...go get the man a #2 or a playmaker on defense. Love could be the next Mahomes but that doesn’t affect the present...all of GB management should be fired and Rodgers should demand a trade.

When GB drafted Rodgers, Favre said he was close to retiring. Rodgers said he wants to play as long as he can at this point. I could see if Rodgers just had a serious injury and is wearing down, that isn’t the case

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have personally watched Love, live, in a few games. I'm astonished by this pick! He's got the intangibles, but no for-site. It's odd, to say the least.
To take Love knowing it would rattle Rogers cage was a horrible move. IMHO