• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brees and Rodgers playoff failures

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFCCG performance? Oh, you see I was under the impression this thread was about playoff performance. Oh, wait. That IS what this thread is about!

Furthermore, to have any real meaning, you must compare a player to the field of others. Hell, Montana had 8 tries and was only .500 in conference championship games and he retired after losing 3 in a row. Smh

Just means he's winning a lot of WC and divisional games and not getting to SBs. So yeah, outside of the NFCC game, he's 10-5. Awesome!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either allow them to be physical, or you don't. DB's hands clearly were holding Rudolphs hands down

would OPI shock me? No, but it's not most erroneous call in history. Nor if it was called does it guarantee saints win. Play and penalty were reviewed, TD and no PI was upheld by NFL since it at time penalty was challenge, and refs at stadium and central didn't feel it was as blatant as you suggested. I'm also aware it was a pretty high standard as season went on, early in season vikings got robbed of TD upon further review for a supposed pick play. I've seen worse go uncalled, i've seen less called, I'm not going to fret or suggest one call is why Saints lost a game they were trailing most of the game on play that broke tie and ended game, but if called, only would've extended game with Vikings still having the ball, chance to end game.

If it was called, it would've been vikings ball, game still tied. Hard to say what would've followed.

Now Drew Pearson push off.....

Spoken as a true fan, LOL we all do it.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken as a true fan, LOL we all do it.
nothing to do with being fan, it's my general view. Nothing I said wasn't true. If it were a fourth down play and vikings were trailing at the time, and they got away with it, you might have a point. It was a tie game and even if called, MN still would've had ball and chance to get a TD or at least FG for go ahead score. Hard to say saints lost because of that call in this scenario

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing to do with being fan, it's my general view. Nothing I said wasn't true. If it were a fourth down play and vikings were trailing at the time, and they got away with it, you might have a point. It was a tie game and even if called, MN still would've had ball and chance to get a TD or at least FG for go ahead score. Hard to say saints lost because of that call in this scenario
Spoken like a Vikes fan. I was rooting for the play but I don't have your bias and I (and most every other neutral fan) see it differently.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a Vikes fan. I was rooting for the play but I don't have your bias and I (and most every other neutral fan) see it differently.
I can admit when Vikings get calls that favor them, it happens.

My honest opinon, at best it was offsetting penalties. And if you want to say it's 100% blatant PI (which NFL on review said it wasn't) fine, that's your opinion. The PI call doesn't guarantee a Vikings L and Saints W. I'm sure I could go through the game and find a call on a key play that favored saints earlier, and go see, without that, we don't go to OT and it's vikes win.

And in context of Brees getting screwed by refs, his SB run was on a team that was penalized for intentionally trying to injure opponents. In 09 Champ game there were few late hits on Favre not called.

I am not going to cry about saints getting "robbed" by officials, and Brees in particular.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call either QB a playoff failure, and particularly not Rodgers. The numbers back that up.

AR has the 10th most playoff wins of any QB ever, so it's a stretch to call him a playoff failure b/c by that definition, the great majority of QBs are playoff failures. While he is tied for the 5th most playoff losses ever, he is tied with Roethlisberger and Brees and has only 2 fewer losses than Brady.
So if Brady plays 20 more playoff games and lses 8 of them he's a bum?