• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Browns to release Josh Gordon

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league decides he can't even lick alcohol and suddenly they're the good guys? The league is fucked up and they should fix their degenerate ways. The best players should play.
You hate to hold people accountable, don't you?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Apparently, he wants a deal to either SF or Dal. If that's the case, I hope he ends up in Texas.

He has a lot of respect for Shanahan and they must've hit it off the one year they were together so him wanting to go the 9ers isn't a huge surprise.

As a 9er fan I'm for send the Browns something like conditional 2020 6th or 7th rounder. I wouldn't build the roster around Gordon or anything but if he's a hit you'll knock it out of the park and he screws up you cut him and you're out a pick that would've been used on a guy that likely wouldn't have made the roster anyways.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of respect for Shanahan and they must've hit it off the one year they were together so him wanting to go the 9ers isn't a huge surprise.

As a 9er fan I'm for send the Browns something like conditional 2020 6th or 7th rounder. I wouldn't build the roster around Gordon or anything but if he's a hit you'll knock it out of the park and he screws up you cut him and you're out a pick that would've been used on a guy that likely wouldn't have made the roster anyways.

I'm very leery of bringing in a guy who has the baggage that Gordon brings....especially with someone like Rueben Foster already there. It seems counter culture to what Lynch has talked about in building the team, but Matt Maiocco has reported that SF has indeed made a call to Cleveland.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work on your conditional analysis skills. The NFL policy is the primary condition for Gordon not playing. His action is a secondary condition.

He was playing just fine when he was ripping bongs pregame. The league didn't have to do anything, but they did. It was completely up to them whether or not to restrict access to this opportunity.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate to hold people accountable, don't you?
I am holding the league accountable for writing up a policy that diminishes the overall talent level on the field and helps no one anywhere. Don't let them off the hook so easily. Hold them accountable for their actions.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm very leery of bringing in a guy who has the baggage that Gordon brings....especially with someone like Rueben Foster already there. It seems counter culture to what Lynch has talked about in building the team, but Matt Maiocco has reported that SF has indeed made a call to Cleveland.

You would bring him in on a very short leash. If he starts screwing up you show him the door and you're not out much.

But if he's fully committed then you have legit #1 WR talent on your roster for just something like a 7th rounder.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am holding the league accountable for writing up a policy that diminishes the overall talent level on the field and helps no one anywhere. Don't let them off the hook so easily. Hold them accountable for their actions.
You have to be a millennial. There is no other explanation.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the rule, CcUuNnTt.
The rule is banning a federal illegal substance. I'd take Gordon in Dallas, but I'm not defending him or Gregory over a rule thr broke.

simple to me. You can smoke all you want after pocketing millions.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the rule, CcUuNnTt.
Stay clean, Become a multimillionaire.

If someone can’t follow that simple rule, it’s their fault 100% of the time. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just stupid.

I guess you’re just stupid

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is banning a federal illegal substance. I'd take Gordon in Dallas, but I'm not defending him or Gregory over a rule thr broke.

simple to me. You can smoke all you want after pocketing millions.
No where in that federal rule does it say the NFL must test for it. Stop passing the buck. The league is accountable here. Quit trying to blame the government. It's totally up to the league whether or not Gordon's kind and culture can play.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay clean, Become a multimillionaire.

If someone can’t follow that simple rule, it’s their fault 100% of the time. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just stupid.

I guess you’re just stupid
Gordon didn't ban himself. The league did.

Gordon didn't write the rule. The league did.

Try to be accurate. Try to keep up.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only the browns could decide to release a player and then 'decide' to trade him after multiple teams called and offered a draft pick when they heard he was going to be released ...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where in that federal rule does it say the NFL must test for it. Stop passing the buck. The league is accountable here. Quit trying to blame the government. It's totally up to the league whether or not Gordon's kind and culture can play.

And no where in the federal rule say the NFL can't test for it. It was banned long before Gordon and Gregory stepped foot on a NFL field.

Your argument is weak especially considering the NFLPA agreed to the ban.

Stop defending rule breakers.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon didn't ban himself. The league did.

Gordon didn't write the rule. The league did.

Try to be accurate. Try to keep up.

The rule was there before Gordon, therefore the punishment is on him.

The League and PLAYERS agreed to the rule.

Try to keep up.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a ridiculous argument. I can't think of a single business that does not do drug testing. Can you name an entity that does not?