• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Allen to start at QB

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ryan Finley era lasted about 11 minutes.

God bless Duke Tobin and the Brown family. The organizational incompetence knows no bounds. Wouldn’t trade up for Dalton Risner is this draft, but had no problem trading up for this bum.

Also, what does that say about this coaching staff? They saw Finley start 3 times last season. It was obvious then that the guy wasn’t an NFL QB. Yet had no problem going through an entire offseason, and 10 games of this season with him as the primary backup. Now their backs are against the wall with Burrow’s injury. They know Finley can’t move the offense. And are panicking by throwing Allen out there to try to win a couple games.

If Taylor and his staff aren’t gone at the end of the season, I just don’t see how people can still watch this team. They are absolutely lost in the fucking sauce.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't be worse than Finley

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have similar resumes.

I suppose, since he runs the team against the defense in practice, he's showed more aptitude than Finley has.

One would have to assume that Finley has a better command of the playbook.

at this point, it's just about finishing the season and seeing what we will have to start with next year.

Finley is gone in 2023, so maybe they are hoping Allan can take over the roll from here on out.

Last edited:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen only has a 1 year contract, so they want to see what he can do before letting him go.

trying to make since of what the Bengals do... i crazy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen apparently has experience in ZT's offense - so that seems to be the reasoning.

Not that it will really matter.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen apparently has experience in ZT's offense - so that seems to be the reasoning.

can he hand the ball off twice, perform a shovel pass on 3rd and many, and let our punter do his thing?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is upset and sick about what happened to Joe, like me, but you guys are going a little off the deep end aren't you?

Even if we had an all-pro LG that same play "could've" happened. The problem wasn't even getting hit low so much as it was getting sandwiched high and low by the defense. Freak play, shit happens. Our franchise is snake bit no matter what.

I do think we can improve the oline in the offseason. I do think we can do a better job of protecting Joe based off scheme and number of pass attempts. I also think you need to protect Joe from himself a little, because I am sure most of that offensive game plan was based on what Joe is comfortable with and what he likes to do.

Get Mixon back next year, hopefully Joey B. will be ready for the season opener, if not, we definitely need to see if we can find a wiley veteran backup to help us weather the beginning of the season storm. Probably why Allen is being given a shot, since Findley is about as worthless as me out there. May as well see what we have, otherwise, off season has to make that one of its priorities.

However, this is the type of system Burrow feels most comfortable in, he is going to throw the ball a lot, and he is going to like his WR's out there running routes, all of them. We will still go empty backfield often I think. However, maybe getting a really good pass catching TE like Eifert was at one point could help, because you could keep an extra weapon in for coverage if the defense dictates it while not removing the weapon.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is a hilarious reason.... I mean, Finley started three games in ZT's offense last season. Allen never started when he was a Ram (to my knowledge).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is a hilarious reason.... I mean, Finley started three games in ZT's offense last season. Allen never started when he was a Ram (to my knowledge).

I think we should see if we can sign Jamis Winston in the offseason to be starter/backup until Burrow is ready for full go again. Not sure what Winston would cost, but in a wide open passing scheme like this and being a starter for the first several weeks, and if he is doing well, maybe give Joey B. some extra time to heal up...then maybe this could be an attractive option for him to rebuild his name.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should see if we can sign Jamis Winston in the offseason to be starter/backup until Burrow is ready for full go again. Not sure what Winston would cost, but in a wide open passing scheme like this and being a starter for the first several weeks, and if he is doing well, maybe give Joey B. some extra time to heal up...then maybe this could be an attractive option for him to rebuild his name.
would be fun. but we would only sign him if he was out of shape.