• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandin Cooks gets 5/80

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure he doesn't get the Bell treatment.

They could but Bell can whine and complain but they have a real QB and the best WR in the game. The Rams now have a very good receiver and a QB who has been garbage when the opponents shut down Gurley.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure he doesn't get the Bell treatment.
I wouldn't have thought that was the case until I saw this signing. Now it makes me think its in play but I feel like that would be a pretty huge story.

Snead so far has used the franchise tag on CBs lately. I wouldn't be shocked if they went that route (Peters) and signed Gurley. Gurley is just going to have to accept a contract that isn't totally awesome and is 'awesome for a RB' and we'll see how that plays out.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could but Bell can whine and complain but they have a real QB and the best WR in the game. The Rams now have a very good receiver and a QB who has been garbage when the opponents shut down Gurley.

Nonsense, Gurley didn't rush for 100 yards nor score a TD in the Saints game, yet Goff threw for 354 yards and 2 TDs. or like in the Colts game, Gurley rushed for 40 yards and Goff threw for over 300.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well yeah, so they have two more years to make him enough room

Do you think they can keep everyone and still have enough room to re-sign Goff after 2 seasons? The common thinking is that some will have to be on the chopping block.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they can keep everyone and still have enough room to re-sign Goff after 2 seasons? The common thinking is that some will have to be on the chopping block.

Oh yeah, there will be tough decisions. I also like they are trying to change the dynamics and use trades, using trades to shed bad contracts and bad player is underutilized component. Ogletree was part of the porous run defense with a bad contract, traded. Quinn hasn't been good in years, bad contract, traded.

Nicki

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, there will be tough decisions. I also like they are trying to change the dynamics and use trades, using trades to shed bad contracts and bad player is underutilized component. Ogletree was part of the porous run defense with a bad contract, traded. Quinn hasn't been good in years, bad contract, traded.

Exactly. Some fan favorite players might go, but after last year McVay has earned my trust. They also brought in players on D that fit Wade's scheme.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense, Gurley didn't rush for 100 yards nor score a TD in the Saints game, yet Goff threw for 354 yards and 2 TDs. or like in the Colts game, Gurley rushed for 40 yards and Goff threw for over 300.

And how well did Goff do when it matters most without Gurley getting a shit load of receiving yards in the playoffs? Goff is the 4th best QB in the division possibly 5th behind Rosen.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In two or three years, this deal will look great.
You'll love him when he catches the wide open long ball. Not so much when he gives up on jump balls or underthrown passes. He's quick but in no way is he a JE11, Danny Amendola or even a Wes Welker. Dude just doesn't have the heart to go after the ball hard. Different receivers I realize.
Nothing but good wishes for him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Goff is the 4th best QB in the division possibly 5th behind Rosen.

Ummmm...

giphy.gif

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how well did Goff do when it matters most without Gurley getting a shit load of receiving yards in the playoffs?

You are talking as if Goff is a 5 year vet. If we are going to be honest here we have to say that Goff was really playing his rookie season because his real first year in the NFL was under Jeff Fisher who is in retrospect the QB career killer. To be critical of him not performing at an elite level in his first full season as an NFL starter is ridiculous. Especially since many had him labled as a bust when he only played a handful of games in his rookie season.

Goff is the 4th best QB in the division possibly 5th behind Rosen.

I am sorry but that is just ridiculous. At this moment the only QB in this division I would take over Goff is Russell Wilson. Yeah...I know the Niners fans may be in a uproar because Garapolo is the second reincarnation of Joe Montana and Steve Young but as far as I am concerned the jury is still out on him. I would like to see how he performs for a full season.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking as if Goff is a 5 year vet. If we are going to be honest here we have to say that Goff was really playing his rookie season because his real first year in the NFL was under Jeff Fisher who is in retrospect the QB career killer. To be critical of him not performing at an elite level in his first full season as an NFL starter is ridiculous. Especially since many had him labled as a bust when he only played a handful of games in his rookie season.

I am sorry but that is just ridiculous. At this moment the only QB in this division I would take over Goff is Russell Wilson. Yeah...I know the Niners fans may be in a uproar because Garapolo is the second reincarnation of Joe Montana and Steve Young but as far as I am concerned the jury is still out on him. I would like to see how he performs for a full season.

Some opinions are so stupid, you can't even respond.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aqib Talib raves about Jared Goff's 'super accurate deep balls'

It was Talib, however, complimenting Goff after practice, calling him a “confident guy.”

“Super accurate deep balls, man. He throws deep balls and they land in the perfect spot,” Talib added. “That’s huge in the NFL. A lot of guys can’t throw deep balls, so you find a guy who is super accurate with those deep balls, you stretch the defense.”

But what does Talib know...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aqib Talib raves about Jared Goff's 'super accurate deep balls'

It was Talib, however, complimenting Goff after practice, calling him a “confident guy.”

“Super accurate deep balls, man. He throws deep balls and they land in the perfect spot,” Talib added. “That’s huge in the NFL. A lot of guys can’t throw deep balls, so you find a guy who is super accurate with those deep balls, you stretch the defense.”

But what does Talib know...
LOL....what else would he say?
This kinda shit is said every July in every camp.
Team Board ----------------------------------------------------------->