• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady vs Mannin Part XXXVVVIII

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an off thought scenario sprung into my head today. Manning left Indy b/c he was near the end, could not withstand a rebuild so he went to team that was SB ready in Denver. TB12 did the same thing with Tampa. Do you feel one SB Victory was greater solely because what the QB brought to that team?

I am torn on this I think when Brady went to Tampa a QB was all they were missing that team was loaded on offense and fairly stout on defense. In Denver the D was loaded while the offense was fairly stout. Do you feel one QB had a greater influence on those teams winning?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both situations are somewhat equal BUT Manning did lose a SB in rather ugly fashion with Denver before winning one.

Both defenses kicked ass in their respective Super Bowls.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both situations are somewhat equal BUT Manning did lose a SB in rather ugly fashion with Denver before winning one.

So If Tampa looses one this year does it change the perspective?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an off thought scenario sprung into my head today. Manning left Indy b/c he was near the end, could not withstand a rebuild so he went to team that was SB ready in Denver. TB12 did the same thing with Tampa. Do you feel one SB Victory was greater solely because what the QB brought to that team?

I am torn on this I think when Brady went to Tampa a QB was all they were missing that team was loaded on offense and fairly stout on defense. In Denver the D was loaded while the offense was fairly stout. Do you feel one QB had a greater influence on those teams winning?
I don't believe Manning left Indy as much as he was run out of town.
I also believe that the Denver SB win by Manning influenced Brady to want to win with more than one team/coach and to research the best team and timing to make the jump. Hence the reason he said he made up his mind in '18 to leave but signed a two year contract with the second year option his, not the teams. If Tampa or any other team did not look so ready for him, he would have stayed in Boston and waited out another year. Probably with another year option.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So If Tampa looses one this year does it change the perspective?

Nah. I'd call it even.

Does Manning having PED's delivered to his home during his Denver stint alter anything? I mean, he got seriously injured at the twilight of his career and came back pretty strong considering his age and the injury.

^^^^^ That's meant as a joke though I wouldn't hold it against anybody else if they thought Manning benefited from whatever the hell it was his "wife" was buying.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver is lucky Peyton didn't cost them the game. At that point Peyton was at 40% where Tom is at like 99.7%.

Manning left Indy because they said two things...

1. We sucked for Luck, hooray
  2. Hey Peyton... Buh-Byeeeee.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I'd call it even.

Does Manning having PED's delivered to his home during his Denver stint alter anything? I mean, he got seriously injured at the twilight of his career and came back pretty strong considering his age and the injury.

^^^^^ That's meant as a joke though I wouldn't hold it against anybody else if they thought Manning benefited from whatever the hell it was his "wife" was buying.
He definitely took HGH. That definitely helped!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely took HGH. That definitely helped!

Wasn't it like moose piss or dear semen or something like that?

Anyway, weird(but not totally weird) that Manning gets a totally free pass on absolutely positively cheating his way to a Super Bowl victory in addition to the TD record while Brady gets ass fucked for possibly maybe knowing that a ball boy may or may not have let a little air out of a few footballs that everybody knows had zero outcome on anything, if that actually happened, which nobody knows.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my favorite non-Patriots Superbowls. The Manning led Broncos went into that game with a record beating offense only to be completely destroyed by the Seahawks defense

Great to watch :D

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite non-Patriots Superbowls. The Manning led Broncos went into that game with a record beating offense only to be completely destroyed by the Seahawks defense

Great to watch :D
Followed up by a Pats SB win the next year was icing on the cake!