• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady to blame?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer: No! The horse just weren't in the stables. His arm is fine and his legs were never his strength. His best asset has always been his decision making. He suffered between having too many less than ideal options and limited time to make a choice.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Dark Lord scores some good talent in the off season then Brady stays another year. If not then I don't see Brady teeing up a carbon copy of this year. He was not having fun out there.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady is the problem. Besides Gronkowski(Yes, a huge difference maker when he was on the field) who is Brady missing from last years WR’s? Hogan? Hollister? Patterson? Gordon? He wasn’t there in the playoffs.

I will take Henry, Meyers and Sanu over Hogan, Patterson and Hollister.

We have the same RB’s. We have Edelman and his 100 catches. So, I don’t see some huge drop off in his weapons. I see an old QB who just doesn’t cut it anymore. He isn’t going to get any better. There has been a decline for a couple years now. And besides crazy ass Antonio Brown, I don’t see WR’s wanting to play with a grumpy, get in your face QB who doesn’t have “TRUST” in you and won’t look your way to throw you the ball.

Brady made some nice throws yesterday. Made some bad ones too. But he just doesn’t pass my eye test as a top tier QB anymore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie, you and I have been on different sides of the fence on many issues, but I'm on your side on this one.

While the Patriots went 8-0 to start 2019, Brady was not in the top ten. The offense struggled and in nearly every game the defense made the game easier by blocking punts, INTs and fumble recoveries. They were also scoring one or two TDs every game. Then came the Ravens and poor preparation for even most people on the Hoop saw before the game. Three things:

1. Box in Jackson
2. Stop Ingraham
3. Cover Hollywood

Gilmore shut down Hollywood. The defense stopped ingraham. Belichick and mayo refused to put a 'spy' on Jackson and he did 90% of the damage himself. It showed a weakness and as we all know, other teams study what other teams do that works. The weakness was the Patriots' OL and pressure straight up the midle, taking away Brady's spot to step up and release wasn't there. As experienced and as knowledgeable as Bray is/was, he did not adjust and got pounded. So did the Pats.

It was the perfect game plan and every team that beat the Patriots was able to do the same exact thing. The Patriots wouldn't, couldn't do anything about it. KC was the only loss that was not a result of a collapsed pocket. That game was just piss poor officiating and not a game where the Chiefs were better or outplayed the Patriots. Brady failed to do anything to fix the problem was that was made evident by the Ravens. McDaniels didn't make any play calling adjustment either.

The other problem is that Brady refused to adjust his way of playing with a new set of WR. Gordon, gone, Brown, gone and suddenly Brady is playing like a psychologically depressed housewife. He gets Harry back and everyone is expecting a new Gronk from a guy who wasn't allowed to practice or be with the team because he was on IR. He dropped a pass and was basically ignored by Brady.

Brady showed everyone yesterday that when his heart and mind are not in a game, that he might as well be in the stands watching. He did not have have a killer attitude yesterday from the moment he stepped on the field. Even my wife said that he wasn't doing his Rah Rah thing running down the sideline pumping his fist and encouraging the crowd. He trotted on the field and went immediately over to Bob Kraft and kissed him on the cheek like he always does. Then he did something he never does.....he hugged and kissed Johnathan Kraft on the cheek. Even JK was a bit shocked. To me....and this is just my opinion, that was Brady saying good-bye to the Krafts and the Patriots. i said to wife, "He just mailed it in."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen could Brady's "attitude" have something to say about the Krafts and Belichick's unwillingness to bring him back? Brady at this point might be thinking, "I've done so much for this team, taken pay decreases time and time again and now when it's time to get something in return I'm being"ghosted" by ownership. They didn't help me offensively at all.

All the above is only playing Devil's Advocate because I don't think Brady is that type of player

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen could Brady's "attitude" have something to say about the Krafts and Belichick's unwillingness to bring him back? Brady at this point might be thinking, "I've done so much for this team, taken pay decreases time and time again and now when it's time to get something in return I'm being"ghosted" by ownership. They didn't help me offensively at all.

All the above is only playing Devil's Advocate because I don't think Brady is that type of player

We all knew that something was amuck when Brady agreed to his contract and had the Franchise Tag removed. Right then and there I said openly that this was a signal that he was unhappy that they wouldn't back up the truck. This team doesn't have the cap or the desire to gut the team to give Tom a magnificent "Final" contract.

No disagreement about his sacrifice for the betterment of the team. Then again, that sacrifice also benefitted Tom. It wasn't like he wasn't getting paid fairly, he just happened to have signed a contract just before the market exploded every time he got a new one. He also had a few years where he was the highest-paid player in the league. In 2019, Brady was getting $27M and was far and above anyone else. The next two were Gilmore and D. McCourty. They weren't even close.

It's always about the money and if McCourty and Brady don't come back, that opens up about $42M that can be spent on a TE, a C and FA veteran QB if need be.

He wasn't ghosted. This was a mutual agreement and I think Tom might have thought that Kraft would have stepped in by now with a new deal. I also think that BB convinced Kraft that it's time to move on and if he can't then BB will move on.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew that something was amuck when Brady agreed to his contract and had the Franchise Tag removed. Right then and there I said openly that this was a signal that he was unhappy that they wouldn't back up the truck. This team doesn't have the cap or the desire to gut the team to give Tom a magnificent "Final" contract.

No disagreement about his sacrifice for the betterment of the team. Then again, that sacrifice also benefitted Tom. It wasn't like he wasn't getting paid fairly, he just happened to have signed a contract just before the market exploded every time he got a new one. He also had a few years where he was the highest-paid player in the league. In 2019, Brady was getting $27M and was far and above anyone else. The next two were Gilmore and D. McCourty. They weren't even close.

It's always about the money and if McCourty and Brady don't come back, that opens up about $42M that can be spent on a TE, a C and FA veteran QB if need be.

He wasn't ghosted. This was a mutual agreement and I think Tom might have thought that Kraft would have stepped in by now with a new deal. I also think that BB convinced Kraft that it's time to move on and if he can't then BB will move on.

Is this CBA year?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never been more of a Brady fan than the last few seasons. I have no doubt he has been the mainstay of their success.

As the offensive line has gone, so has Brady ... looking around the league this year as most QBs having time to set their feet I saw Brady’s footwork jumping all over the place. This from what I think is the most fearless pocket QB in history.

Add to that a receiving corps highlighted by a double-teamed banged up Edelman and a greyed B Watson and the results had to be pathetic . I don’t know how Harry was allowed to even play.

Add to that, for weeks that OL couldn’t get 2 yards off tackle let alone up the center at critical times.

It’s been a mystery as to who was to be credited more for NE’s success, but I now really think we won’t see the success from Belichick or the Pat’s without Brady.

... and I really hope I’m wrong

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady used to elevate the guys around him, he doesn't do that anymore. That's just where he's at right now, an average to below average starter. If he wants to play another year... so be it. After 9 trips to the Superbowl and 6 Lombardis, he can write his own ticket as a Patriot and play until his arm falls off as far as I'm concerned.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't care if he is the starter and they go 1-15 for the next 3 if he wants to play.

We would then have #1 and #33 3 years running...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not all on TB 12.

We lose our starting center
No real effort to secure a quality TE brought in a lot of guys but no quality TE
Harry gets hurt early on
AB Comes in looks great gets released.
Gordon leaves chooses drugs over football.
TB or Team won't use Meyers
JE gets hurt

Just a lot happened this season.

Does anyone think TB wants to end his career on a pick six?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see one post from you miserable fucks after week 8 that called Brady washed up.

tenor.gif

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see one post from you miserable fucks after week 8 that called Brady washed up.

tenor.gif

I don’t need to, you faggoty looking kunt. But after 17 games this year, I’m calling Brady washed up. So fuck you! Faggot.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with that Gawd awful “spin move quick slant throw”? It was almost intercepted every time. Ugly play that I hope I never see again. Brady seems off on more throws than on. Either too low or too high. Not just this game. He seems to always step it up when needed, but he hasn’t been the Tom Brady I love for well over a year now.

Thank goodness for our defense and special teams!

Here ya go fag @NEhomer. September 29th early enough??? Well before week 8. I’m sure there’s more if I dig deeper. Eat a dick.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go fag @NEhomer. September 29th early enough??? Well before week 8. I’m sure there’s more if I dig deeper. Eat a dick.

First of all, try to calm down.

This post says that he's not looking as strong as usual and nobody argued that, nor would I argue it today. This, from the post you selected, doesn't exactly say all washed up, does it?

He seems to always step it up when needed...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t need to, you faggoty looking kunt. But after 17 games this year, I’m calling Brady washed up. So fuck you! Faggot.
Did you get that elephant gun you wanted for Christmas? The one you needed to get rid of your ant problem?

I completely agree with the sentiment but WOH!

better :) yet still within your style.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get that elephant gun you wanted for Christmas? The one you needed to get rid of your ant problem?

I completely agree with the sentiment but WOH!

better :) yet still within your style.

I’m ok now. Just needed some coffee!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif
You are wrong on two counts. Plenty here think his play did not reflect being washed up and plenty who thought his play showed deterioration all year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not all on TB 12.

We lose our starting center
No real effort to secure a quality TE brought in a lot of guys but no quality TE
Harry gets hurt early on
AB Comes in looks great gets released.
Gordon leaves chooses drugs over football.
TB or Team won't use Meyers
JE gets hurt

Just a lot happened this season.

Does anyone think TB wants to end his career on a pick six?

Aww, hell no.