• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady said he knew it was 4th down

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone believe him though?

Buccaneers, Tom Brady's comeback hopes end in confusing fashion vs. Bears​

Situated on his own 41-yard line and in need of six yards to keep the drive alive, Brady took a shot down field to tight end Cameron Brate on fourth down. After the pass fell incomplete, the veteran signal-caller looked around and flashed four fingers, giving the impression that he believed the Bucs still had another down to go. A turnover on downs ensued and the Bears held on to a 20-19 win, sparking questions regarding whether Brady was aware of the situation.

"Yeah, I knew we needed a chunk and I was thinking about more yardage," Brady explained after the game. "It was bad execution. We had a great opportunity there. Just didn't execute when we needed to."

When asked again if he knew what down it was, Brady instead took the blame for the approach he decided to take on that last play.

"Yeah, you're up against the clock. I knew we had to gain a chunk so I should have been thinking more first down instead of chunk," he said.

Coach Bruce Arians was a little more forthright with his response when asked, flatly telling reporters, "Yeah, he knew, he knew."

• You're Funny
Reactions: GNG

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he didn't really answer the question.

Thinking Think GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he knew it was fourth down then he is a fucking moron.

No, he didn't remember it was fourth down and I have no idea why he thinks it looks better to make everyone think he did.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. There are conflicting reports here I guess.

From the above link:

Nick Foles continues to have Tom Brady’s number and the Buccaneers quarterback couldn’t seem to keep his numbers straight.
Brady’s Buccaneers lost 20-19 to the Foles-led Bears in Chicago on Thursday night. It was a quarterback rematch of Super Bowl 52, when Foles’s Eagles beat Brady’s Patriots. This year’s meeting came with a bizarre ending as Brady appeared to have lost track of the downs on the game’s final play.

“He knew,” Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians told reporters when asked if Brady was aware it was fourth down.
After his fourth-down pass to Cameron Brate over the middle was broken up with 38 seconds left, Brady lingered on the field, signaling to a nearby official that he believed Tampa Bay still had fourth down to play — putting up four fingers.

“That's not true." said Brady when asked by reporters if he knew what down it was.

"What actually happened was that Khalil Mack asked me how old my son was when I first open mouth kissed him while wearing nothing but a towel.”

After he returned to the Buccaneers’ bench, Brady was shown on camera flinging a tablet in disgust after it appeared he realized his mistake.
"It was then that I realized I have actually been open mouth kissing my children since literal seconds after they came out of my wife's vagina." Brady continued.

"I just love tongue-punching young boys and wish I could be back in New England where we can get away with illegally video taping signals and deflating footballs instead of being stuck in COVID-19 central with this fat, fedora-wearing, retard I'm dealing with as a coach right now".

When asked to comment on Brady's obvious mistake, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell jumped in a limousine and performed analinngus on two cheap whores for the better part of 2 hours.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It will be entertaining to see how fast the talking heads shift from “he is an ageless wonder” to “well, he is 43 after all”

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL why would the player and coach lie when it was so obvious. That's just trouble...the coach is so far up his ass he lies as well. Why are you flashing four fingers? Is that how many Gisele took last night while you were watching on Teddy cam?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is a whiner and poor sport. The guy just can't accept responsibility.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady never owns his fuck-ups. It's one of the reasons he's easy to dislike. In this case, he just makes himself look like more of a fool by denying it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady also said he didn't ask for balls to be deflated, so, you know...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie mistake, he will learn, just needs some development. Maybe if he gets a 7th ring things will start to click.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady signaling 4th down and looking at the coaching staff for a signal.

Attachments

• brady.png
    brady.png
    657 KB · Views: 7