• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady or Jimmy...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you have no football last week and now the Titans are coming to town....However, me and my buddies were having this chat the other night. It was split 50/50

Brady for 2 more years or Jimmy G for 10 yrs??

I went with Jimmy. I really believe that this team could have won the SB or made it to the SB with Jimmy as QB during those 2 years. Then they would be set up for the next 8 with Jimmy. I also think BB would prob been around another 10 years with Jimmy. I don't think he does unless he gets a QB.

IDK....I think I would have told Brady to retire or get traded....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many times as Brady redid his contract to give the team more cap space has earned him the next two years.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you handle Brady like the packers handled favre? Brady is way better just to be sure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy the future of the franchise has to be considered. What Tom has done is great, and thanks Tom now please move on

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are forgetting the Patriot Way of planning only for the next game ... we all know Jimmy G was always here as a reserve behind Brady and B.B. did him, Brady, and Yee a great favor ... but to replace Brady on this current SB run would be ridiculous

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's earned what he's been given and he's the entire reason the Pats are what they are.

I won't call Jimmy unproven because he has been terrific but there's a LOOOOOOOOONG fucking way to go before we crown him the next Brady. Would have been nice to be able to keep him but the timing just wasn't right.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, let him go out on his terms. It's not like Jimmy G was the only decent looking QB in the league the past few years, who showed promise. Just because it could play out bad, doesn't mean it will. Still potential to find another good QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 11 QB's of all time in no particular order;

Garoppalo, Marino, Bradshaw, Tittle, Elway, Montana, Young, Staubach, Unitas, Manning (P) and Brady.

Oh wait....Too Soon on Brady???

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many of us have crowned Grapollo as the "next" great QB. Granted, he's done extremely well in the two games he played for the Patriots and the five games he's played for the 49ers. But, and this is the "BIG" but. He's never played in a playoff game. He's been on the sideline and he's got two rings, but he's never handled a single snap in a playoff game.

There have been uncountable quarterbacks who've been successful in the regular seson and swallowed a hambone in the playoffs. Garapollo appears to have all of the demeaner and tools to do well in the post season, but his adrenaline has never been tested. Even in college it wasn't tested.

Therefore, I'll take the tested and proven nerves and performance of Tom Brady for the next two years over the 'potential' of Jimmy Garapollo.

Over the past 5 years, I've repeatedly said that every year, a future HOF player at every position goes undrafted and starts a job outside of the NFL. Nearly all of them will just be a typical dad, working 40-50 hours a week at the local manufacturing plant or hardware store living a typical life. Once in aBlue Moon, one of them will somehow get a shot to do something that will catch the attention of someone on some team and he'll get a chance to do his thing.........grocery clerk........Kurt Warner.

The Patriots will draft 2 quarterbacks this year. One will start the season next year holding a clipboard. Maybe he gets a chance to play and we have Tom Brady/Drew Bledsoe II.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the whole " Brady has earned the right to stay ", Fuck that noise the Pats success has been because they run the team like a business, we have a history of getting rid of players early while they still have value this is not new to this organization.

And no one here is clearly stating Jimmy G will be great simply stating if the organization feels he is the next best thing then it makes sense to retain the younger version. Not to mention what you could have gotten in trade for TB12.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL two BS icons and zero comments. So what's not true?

Have the Pats not run this team like a business?

Have the Pats not gotten rid of quality players while there was still value?

Have the Pats not released player right before their decline?

Were some of these not quality Patriots players?

Do the Pats not make moves that allow them to be competitive in the future?

Does Brady not hold the value of a couple of high draft picks?

Is Brady not at or very near the end of his career?

Are some posters to nostalgic to understand this?

Did the Pats not consider Jimmy the possible replacement?

Has not Jimmy shown to be pretty darn good so far?

As I said earlier this wreaks of the Babe Ruth trade. I expect a long period of ineptitude once Brady leaves.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have some pretty good draft capital going into this years draft. I fully expect BB to either draft a quality QB this year or trade back in exchange for a high pick in next years draft to get the QB of the future.

I trust BB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL two BS icons and zero comments. So what's not true?

Have the Pats not run this team like a business?

Have the Pats not gotten rid of quality players while there was still value?

Have the Pats not released player right before their decline?

Were some of these not quality Patriots players?

Do the Pats not make moves that allow them to be competitive in the future?

Does Brady not hold the value of a couple of high draft picks?

Is Brady not at or very near the end of his career?

Are some posters to nostalgic to understand this?

Did the Pats not consider Jimmy the possible replacement?

Has not Jimmy shown to be pretty darn good so far?

As I said earlier this wreaks of the Babe Ruth trade. I expect a long period of ineptitude once Brady leaves.
It's not whether your statements are true or not... It could be that others believe Brady is above the routine treatment. Many players have left over the years to chase top dollar. Not only did Brady not do that, he took a deeper discount to allow the team the ability to attract or retain other talent.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not whether your statements are true or not... It could be that others believe Brady is above the routine treatment. Many players have left over the years to chase top dollar. Not only did Brady not do that, he took a deeper discount to allow the team the ability to attract or retain other talent.
So your belief then is that he is more important to the team then the team or the future of the team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player in the history of the game has;

Taken hometown discounts at contract time for the benefit of the team.
Renegotiated said contract mid term, again, for the benefit of the team.
Won 5 SB's.
Won 4 Super Bowl MVPs
Won 7 AFC Championships, 15 Div titles, including 9 straight and finishing no lower than second.
Regular-season wins by a starting quarterback (187)
Playoff games started (34)
Playoff wins (25)

And many many more stats that every time he walks on the field he breaks a new record.

Oh, did I mention his loyalty to the team and the fans???

Family dog alerts you to a house fire and saves your family, then defends your new house against some thugs breaking in, then defends your wife and daughter from a couple of rapists, then chomps down on a rattler slithering towards your grandkid on the back lawn. All the while taking kicks, punches, bites and asking for nothing but fresh water and maybe a bowl of Alpo.

Your gonna drag him out back and shoot him because he's getting gray around the edges even though he still quicker than that snake in the grass??

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you have no football last week and now the Titans are coming to town....However, me and my buddies were having this chat the other night. It was split 50/50

Brady for 2 more years or Jimmy G for 10 yrs??

I went with Jimmy. I really believe that this team could have won the SB or made it to the SB with Jimmy as QB during those 2 years. Then they would be set up for the next 8 with Jimmy. I also think BB would prob been around another 10 years with Jimmy. I don't think he does unless he gets a QB.

IDK....I think I would have told Brady to retire or get traded....
I agree. I also thought JG would be the future and was disappointed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player in the history of the game has;

Taken hometown discounts at contract time for the benefit of the team.
Renegotiated said contract mid term, again, for the benefit of the team.
Won 5 SB's.
Won 4 Super Bowl MVPs
Won 7 AFC Championships, 15 Div titles, including 9 straight and finishing no lower than second.
Regular-season wins by a starting quarterback (187)
Playoff games started (34)
Playoff wins (25)

And many many more stats that every time he walks on the field he breaks a new record.

Oh, did I mention his loyalty to the team and the fans???

Family dog alerts you to a house fire and saves your family, then defends your new house against some thugs breaking in, then defends your wife and daughter from a couple of rapists, then chomps down on a rattler slithering towards your grandkid on the back lawn. All the while taking kicks, punches, bites and asking for nothing but fresh water and maybe a bowl of Alpo.

Your gonna drag him out back and shoot him because he's getting gray around the edges even though he still quicker than that snake in the grass??

This is not a stats issue we are all aware of the past the issue is the future. Those who live in the past limit their future, this is the approach the team seems to be taking.

And don't compare animals to humans I have put down several loyal dog's with a last meal and a .22 to the head. When it's time it's time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have some pretty good draft capital going into this years draft. I fully expect BB to either draft a quality QB this year or trade back in exchange for a high pick in next years draft to get the QB of the future.

I trust BB.
I expect we should take a QB but most feel DE, LB, LT and CB are a higher priority not sure what caliber QB we get if we wait to long. You don't find to many 6 rounds gems to often.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic for picking Jimmy is sound.

Tom defies logic. Seeing him in another uniform would hurt my heart.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic for picking Jimmy is sound.

Tom defies logic. Seeing him in another uniform would hurt my heart.
Yeah it would suck that's for sure but SF would have made a lot of sense.