• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady is Declining Noticeably

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good OL?? The right has not been together at all. Cannon was out for 5 games and Shaq Mason has been out for the last three.

Good RBs? <ichel missed 5 games and White ios NOT an ecverydown RB. He's a WR that operates out of the backfield.

Gordon didn't get to the Patriots until Week 5, just starting to get a working relationship with Brady. Edelman was there for the first four weeks and need a couple to get into playing shape. Hogan has been dealing with unknown injuries that have slowed him down, Gronk hasn't played for the past three weeks.

How about getting yourinformation correct before making statements. It's apparent that you know nothing at all about the New England Patriots.
When the standard is as high as it is with Brady- this shit don't fly.

Good OL?? The right has not been together at all. Cannon was out for 5 games and Shaq Mason has been out for the last three.

When you play at as high of a standard as Brady has- this isn't as compelling as you are making it sound.

Gordon didn't get to the Patriots until Week 5, just starting to get a working relationship with Brady.

Oh stop it- this excuse isn't used for Demaryius Thomas, who did fine btw, against the Broncos who have Roby and Harris at CB. Secondly, this is Tom Brady, the standard is that high for him. Even afterwards, we're still seeing passing kill worms that went all of half a yard past the LOS; throws he would never ever miss, when open, for almost his entire career. Now I am supposed to pretend it's no big deal when we see this start creeping in when he's 41? Despite what after week 5 or so is a very, very insulated offensive surrounding cast, even with a couple random injuries which are normal by this point of the season?

Mahomes has a 3rd string center, a 3rd string OT playing RG, and his LG his Cam Erving. Why are the Chiefs so dominant if a Marcus Cannon tier guy and then a good player in Mason are out? I thought we held Brady to much higher standards than what we are seeing this year to make excuses I expect to see for mediocre tier 3 guys.

Edelman was there for the first four weeks and need a couple to get into playing shape.

Methinks you severely underestimate NFL athletes. But sure, he was suspended for PEDS the first four weeks. Is 1 guy that good? Don't act like he's Randy Moss out there.

How about getting yourinformation correct before making statements. It's apparent that you know nothing at all about the New England Patriots.

I don't allow for petty excuses for the GOAT when he has excelled with far less? Yes- Brady has missed players. Lot of QB's have injuries by this time of the year. Yet Brady is doing less. Some would even say much less.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the standard is as high as it is with Brady- this shit don't fly.

I don't allow for petty excuses for the GOAT when he has excelled with far less? Yes- Brady has missed players. Lot of QB's have injuries by this time of the year. Yet Brady is doing less. Some would even say much less.

Like I said, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Just flaming off because the Chiefs couldn't beat the Patriots and the Patriots have lost three games against what you consider lesser opponents. How about waiting until February 7th before declaring Brady and the Patriots officially dead.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Just flaming off because the Chiefs couldn't beat the Patriots and the Patriots have lost three games against what you consider lesser opponents. How about waiting until February 7th before declaring Brady and the Patriots officially dead.
Child, you don't pay attention to my posts if you think I care it's the Patriots or the Chiefs (who I have a pretty passive-aggressive relationship at this point). Eagles fans thought I was a hater (of Foles) as well. Look how that turned out for them. You keep saying I don't have a clue, just keep it up. Maybe Brady bounces back, but he really hasn't been that great this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since silly people think I am just big mad about a regular season loss to the Pats (TEARS)

Here's a Mike Tanier article- pretty close to how I feel about this right now

1. Tom Brady's arm looks like overcooked fettuccine right now.

There, we stated the obvious, and no fiery hail rained down upon us. So it's OK to say it out loud. Brady looked like a knuckleball pitcher in the Patriots' stunning 34-10 upset loss to the Titans, and he didn't have much of a fastball against the Packers or Bills in his last two games.

Long Brady passes now flutter out of bounds or bounce before they reach receivers. Short ones take too long to reach their targets, allowing defenders to swat them away. Passes toward the sideline arrive low and outside.

The Patriots offense has become a succession of touch passes over the middle, intricate screens and increasingly desperate trick plays. The Titans caught on, and other opponents are about to figure it out as well.

Don't act shocked that we're saying it. Patriots fans may deny it on the comment threads, but they whisper it among themselves when us Muggles are not around. Other analysts might tiptoe around the topic, but that's just because we've all been writing End of Brady fanfic since 2009, and none of us want to read the "this didn't age well" tweets when Brady throws four touchdown passes against the Jets after the bye.

Brady may well throw four touchdown passes against the Jets after the bye, because Matt Barkley just threw two touchdown passes against the Jets, and Barkley's arm is a slingshot made out of hair scrunchies. But Brady can barely muster any velocity right now, and unless he's harboring some secret injury that Alex Guerrero can heal with eye of newt or something, the 41-year-old's arm isn't going to suddenly spring back into 2007 form.

And what does that mean for the Patriots' playoff fortunes, you ask?

For now, very little.

The Patriots get the Jets twice and the Bills once down the stretch. That gets them to 10 wins, even if they must build their whole offense out of Cordarrelle Patterson Wildcat plays.

The Vikings, Steelers and even the Dolphins provide tougher tests, but the Patriots proved against the Packers last Sunday night that they have a lot of ways to manufacture wins with defense, scheme, special teams and Brady's knowledge of his own limits.

If that "manufactured wins" talk sounds familiar, the Broncos faced the same dilemma when Peyton Manning faded fast in 2015. They played vicious defense, ran the ball and even turned to Brock Osweiler in relief. Manning overcame an injury spree and started playing within the confines of what he had left, and the Broncos clawed their way to a Super Bowl win.

The Patriots can win yet another championship in a similar way, especially with Brady not yet rusted out as badly as Manning was. But the first step is admitting Brady's mortality, which isn't their organizational strong suit.

It's time for the Patriots to run the ball like a normal team: with rookie Sony Michel, not a moonlighting wide receiver. It's time to clean up all the mistakes on defense and play like every stop matters. It's time to anticipate that defenses will creep up to take away those little flair passes. It's time to get Rob Gronkowski back if possible, to get Josh Gordon as involved as he can be, to wring every available point and yard from the special teams.

Most of all, it's time to think of Brady as a wily old quarterback, but not one of the best in the league anymore.

Sure, Brady won shootouts against Patrick Mahomes and other young guns just a few weeks ago. But the end came fast for Manning, and for Brett Favre, and for many other quarterbacks who were outstanding enough to hang on a little too long.

The great ones can compensate for losing a little velocity here and a little athleticism there until one day they are compensating their way through whole games just to stay competitive. That's what Brady has done for three weeks.

He can probably do it well enough for two more months to keep the Patriots in the Super Bowl picture.

But tomorrow is guaranteed to no one, not even Tom Brady.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...didn't he just make a catch unlike in the Super Bowl??????

If anything, he's only getting better :nod:
Is he a little better or significantly better than Calvin Johnson?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AmericanRace.jpeg

When you lose to Bortles and Mariota in the same season,its over and maybe he can get a few years in the CFL. Now if had lost to Trubs too, I would expect him to be banned from the NFL and no Canton

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you lose to Bortles and Mariota in the same season,its over and maybe he can get a few years in the CFL. Now if had lost to Trubs too, I would expect him to be banned from the NFL and no Canton
Heh, we'll see what Brady does. If anyone can evade father-time for a while, it's probably Tom.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try not to have a stroke.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s 41 years old. Is anyone really shocked at his demise? I expect him to get worse as the year goes on.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't decline somewhat then he's a vampire, because we all decline in our 40's... Brady is so good though even with a little decline he's still better than everybody else...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is on the decline. But Then again when Brady the Bar is set so high, is the decline even bad?
Bet a ton of teams wouldnt mind having a declining Brady this season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty funny thread. I guess the Op expects Brady to be the first to side step father time well into his mid 40's

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we have this conversation every year. He curises through the regular season so he looks like the goat during playoffs

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty funny thread. I guess the Op expects Brady to be the first to side step father time well into his mid 40's
Nah, I suspect the boogeyman *might* be just around the corner. Hence the thread. You never know with someone like Brady, however.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His heart isn't in it. You can kind of suspect that since the super bowl loss. And when your heart isn't in it you might as well hang it up. Gronk too.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears were up 17-7, when Patterson returned a kickoff 95 yds for a score.

It was tied up at 24 later on when they got the punt block score.

The Bears losses this year have been freak af, with them leading by multiple scores in every one of those losses at some point or another..
Yep. Pats played well in all areas that day. When Brady has a bad hair day, they get roasted.