• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady / Dalton

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading some reports on Dalton and possible destinations. Sounds like if Brady does move on from NE (I am not convinced he will) that NE may see Dalton as the best option for next year to bring along another young QB (stop gap if you will).

If Brady moves on, I could see NE trading a conditional pick for Dalton in 2021 based on performance, and resign-ability. Maybe as high as a 3rd - as low as a 5th.

Then NE goes out and drafts Jacob Eason from Washington if he falls to them at #23.

Dalton would be a good veteran mentor for Eason, without the Patriots completely rebuilding at QB this next year. I could see Dalton succeeding in a year there.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the drop-off from expectations with Tom Brady to expectations with Andy Dalton? Don't get me wrong - I like Dalton. I think he did a few things here.... But he is sort of the definition of mediocrity and even when he had some pieces, he was not a guy that had his best performances when the lights were brightest. I don't see this going well..... I think he would be in a better position with the Bears or Colts.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he puts up good stats against below average teams.

with a good OL and better supporting cast he may return to his Cayenne Peppa form.

however,
I think the idea would be to have a QB that isn't exactly a headliner and logically replaceable by a new star franchise QB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he puts up good stats against below average teams.

with a good OL and better supporting cast he may return to his Cayenne Peppa form.

however,
I think the idea would be to have a QB that isn't exactly a headliner and logically replaceable by a new star franchise QB.

He might have missed his window in New England though..... All of those years with New England playing crapy competition in the AFC-E. Dalton would have cleaned up against inferior teams. But, Buffalo might be legit - They have already built a good nucleus and they have a ton of cap flexibility. And while Miami is definitely rebuilding, they were pretty darn competitive by the end of last year. The Jets remain a minor league organization.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading some reports on Dalton and possible destinations. Sounds like if Brady does move on from NE (I am not convinced he will) that NE may see Dalton as the best option for next year to bring along another young QB (stop gap if you will).

If Brady moves on, I could see NE trading a conditional pick for Dalton in 2021 based on performance, and resign-ability. Maybe as high as a 3rd - as low as a 5th.

Then NE goes out and drafts Jacob Eason from Washington if he falls to them at #23.

Dalton would be a good veteran mentor for Eason, without the Patriots completely rebuilding at QB this next year. I could see Dalton succeeding in a year there.

The Bears are the team most often linked to Dalton - and really whoever gives up the most that's where he goes - of course, the Bengals will also get input from Dalton - but at the end of the day, for me of course, the team that pays gets the QB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Patriots are trolling everyone. It benefits them for everyone to think that Tom Brady is going to move to a different franchise. Teams can't really settle on this historic qb market until a few big pieces move and I think misinformation plays into New Englands hands. Even if they have a deal with him, I bet they wait until the last minute to make the announcement.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Patriots are trolling everyone. It benefits them for everyone to think that Tom Brady is going to move to a different franchise. Teams can't really settle on this historic qb market until a few big pieces move and I think misinformation plays into New Englands hands. Even if they have a deal with him, I bet they wait until the last minute to make the announcement.

Good possibility. Belicheat screwing with everyone again after being punked by Vrabel in the Wildcard round?