• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady about to double Elway’s career TD total

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More then likely. However, Kraft isn't into retiring numbers. He puts them in the Pats HOF. But, Brady was like a son to him so I could see it.
The Patriots have only retired seven numbers in franchise history- John Hannah (73), Gino Cappelletti (20), Mike Haynes (40), Steve Nelson (57), Bruce Armstrong (78), Jim Lee Hunt (79) and Bob Dee (89). Not knowing your age, have you ever heard of these players? It's been that long.

No I'm 31, never heard of those players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you know how stupid it is to compare stats across eras.
We all know that no ill words are to be spoken about John.

You don't want to compare him to Dan Marino you won't like those stats either.

When comparing Elway to Manning it has nothing to do with the competition of the era. It's the totals they posted. Otherwise you'll start saying "x" QBs totals weren't as good because the team around him sucked. Like the Giants.

Bottom line is Elway was good. He wasn't great. The dude gave up the ball like a French whore gives up her vag.

If John played in this era he may be better? Or he could be the next Blake Bortles. No one can be sure.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was fun to watch, threw the ball like a baseball… I saw Elway live once in Seattle and he was an amazing talent … One thing to keep in mind is the era, If Elway played in today’s game he’d light it up like a Christmas tree … Brady could have played in any era, he’s the GOAT, but his numbers and longevity are partly because the game is just so kind to QB’s now … If Brady was getting hit like back in the day he’d have already said @@$ this I’m out !

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was fun to watch, threw the ball like a baseball… I saw Elway live once in Seattle and he was an amazing talent … One thing to keep in mind is the era, If Elway played in today’s game he’d light it up like a Christmas tree … Brady could have played in any era, he’s the GOAT, but his numbers and longevity are partly because the game is just so kind to QB’s now … If Brady was getting hit like back in the day he’d have already said @@$ this I’m out !
You can only speculate he'd be better. For someone as hyped as Elway was he a turn over machine. He gave up more INTs or the same amount of TDs for almost half his career. That doesn't spell great in any era or in any language.

Good QB. Not great. Overated

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that no ill words are to be spoken about John.

You don't want to compare him to Dan Marino you won't like those stats either.

When comparing Elway to Manning it has nothing to do with the competition of the era. It's the totals they posted. Otherwise you'll start saying "x" QBs totals weren't as good because the team around him sucked. Like the Giants.

Bottom line is Elway was good. He wasn't great. The dude gave up the ball like a French whore gives up her vag.

If John played in this era he may be better? Or he could be the next Blake Bortles. No one can be sure.
Ok since you're a smart guy I'm sure you can figure this out.

In 1993, Elway put up career highs in completions, completion percent, yards, touchdowns, yards per game, and passer rating, and career lows in interceptions and interception percentage. Up to that point, Elway only 1 season with a passer rating better than 80. The rest of his career, he would never have a passer rating below 85.

Why is that? Did Elway, after 10 years in the league, at age 33, suddenly just become a good qb for no apparent reason?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only speculate he'd be better. For someone as hyped as Elway was he a turn over machine. He gave up more INTs or the same amount of TDs for almost half his career. That doesn't spell great in any era or in any language.

Good QB. Not great. Overated

I think just the rules alone, the no contact rule against DB’s, the protection of QB’s today he would have put up better numbers no question… The thing about Elway, he carried some Bronco’s teams that really had no business even making it to the the Super Bowl, he carried them … Once he was given a good running game and better defense he got it done back to back …I liked the guy, saw the Broncos twice a year back in the day when Seattle was in the AFC West, he was a pain, always made the Broncos competitive … The guy had one helluva arm, threw the ball effin fast …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks like it was recorded with a potato, but shows the cannon Elway had …

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok since you're a smart guy I'm sure you can figure this out.

In 1993, Elway put up career highs in completions, completion percent, yards, touchdowns, yards per game, and passer rating, and career lows in interceptions and interception percentage. Up to that point, Elway only 1 season with a passer rating better than 80. The rest of his career, he would never have a passer rating below 85.

Why is that? Did Elway, after 10 years in the league, at age 33, suddenly just become a good qb for no apparent reason?
He started in 231 games and had 226 INTs. 300 TDs. One year over 4k yards.

It's ok to be just a good player. Elway was. He was not great.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started in 231 games and had 226 INTs. 300 TDs. One year over 4k yards.

It's ok to be just a good player. Elway was. He was not great.
I notice you didn't answer my question...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the numbers I posted and my comment about his career answered it?
Nope. Maybe you missed it, so here it is again>

Why did Elway, at age 33, after 10 years in the league, see a huge spike in all his numbers that stayed pretty consistent for the rest of his career?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway has some funny stats within his era, IIRC. How much was the broader weaknesses of the Broncos, coaching, and what not is hard to tell. I get the feeling Elway's strengths would be much more intelligently used in the current brand of football; and more than just the expected stat inflation you'd get from the current era.

Nobody really tries to argue he's the GOAT anymore so he has ceased to be overrated and now is mostly just rated now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats he's basically Eli Manning 1.0, everything from snivelling about the Colts drafting him to his 2 SBs. Except Eli actually beat quality NE teams.

There are plenty of others on this island.
I feel like the Elway is overrated camp has jumped the shark when they start comparing him to Eli Manning.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Maybe you missed it, so here it is again>

Why did Elway, at age 33, after 10 years in the league, see a huge spike in all his numbers that stayed pretty consistent for the rest of his career?
Could be many factors. Team, opponents, sos...
That answer remains his stats are mediocre to good at best. As stated on par with the likes of Eli and company.
Good is ok. Don't get so worked up that he wasn't great and thus many think he's over rated.