• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Beale wants out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you're right. Perhaps his uninspiring play has had no impact on his perceived value among GMs.

I don't know if it has or hasn't and neither does anyone else posting here. We like to assume we know things, but none of us are looking at it from all of the different angles that GM's have to look at things from and we don't get all of the information that they do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it has or hasn't and neither does anyone else posting here. We like to assume we know things, but none of us are looking at it from all of the different angles that GM's have to look at things from and we don't get all of the information that they do.

Of course we don't know what the GMs are thinking. We don't have access to the information the GMs have.

All we can do is make judgments past on our past observations of GM behavior and speculate as to the relative value of player based on their recent play. Brandon Ingram was considered one of the top promising young players in the NBA before the season started. He likely still is considered that but based on his play so far it is reasonable to believe that his perceived value has declined some.

You are free to believe otherwise.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are free to believe otherwise.

Well thanks for giving me permission. :D

In all seriousness though, there is a lot to take into consideration here. Last year, later in the season, Ingram was really coming on and showing why he was highly regarded. He was pretty much leading the Lakers in most categories down the stretch.

Adding Lebron was a huge change that caused everyone's role to change. By the end of last season, Ingram was establishing himself as the Lakers "go to" player late in games. Along comes Lebron and he no longer is. So, it's an adjustment. Both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love went through the same thing. In fact, so did D-Wade and Kyrie to a point.

I'm not saying his trade value hasn't dropped, I don't know. I just doubt that GM's are looking at a sample size of 20 games with Lebron as some major determining factor on how good he can be on their teams.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram, KCP and Rondo for Beal and a salary matchup player. Rondo and KCP are 1 year deals so no committment.

Or they leave Rondo out and throw in a 2nd rounder

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiz could throw in Jeff Green

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for giving me permission. :D

In all seriousness though, there is a lot to take into consideration here. Last year, later in the season, Ingram was really coming on and showing why he was highly regarded. He was pretty much leading the Lakers in most categories down the stretch.

Adding Lebron was a huge change that caused everyone's role to change. By the end of last season, Ingram was establishing himself as the Lakers "go to" player late in games. Along comes Lebron and he no longer is. So, it's an adjustment. Both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love went through the same thing. In fact, so did D-Wade and Kyrie to a point.

I'm not saying his trade value hasn't dropped, I don't know. I just doubt that GM's are looking at a sample size of 20 games with Lebron as some major determining factor on how good he can be on their teams.

To be clear, I don't think the Lakers have any interest in dealing Ingram right now. And he is likely to find a groove with Lebron eventually. But if he doesn't, then he is going to languish and be kinda forgotten. All of the guys you mentioned above were established star level players. Historically being a young up and coming player has been precarious when playing with Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I don't think the Lakers have any interest in dealing Ingram right now. And he is likely to find a groove with Lebron eventually. But if he doesn't, then he is going to languish and be kinda forgotten. All of the guys you mentioned above were established star level players. Historically being a young up and coming player has been precarious when playing with Lebron.

Agree 100%. It's going to be interesting for the Lakers with Ingram. They are being patient with him right now because they can. Not a lot is expected other than making the playoffs.

If Ingram finds his "comfort zone" next to Lebron, then no one will be worrying about his trade value.

But if he doesn't, then his value will almost assuredly start dropping and may drop quickly. If they do eventually trade him, the trick will be to do it before his value drops too far. Glad I don't have to try to figure that out. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram, KCP and Rondo for Beal and a salary matchup player. Rondo and KCP are 1 year deals so no committment.

Or they leave Rondo out and throw in a 2nd rounder

That isn't nearly enough though.

Rondo and KCP have value as expiring contracts/salary filler only. The Wizards need to get multiple assets in a Beal trade. Ingram is not enough. And I like Ingram.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't nearly enough though.

Rondo and KCP have value as expiring contracts/salary filler only. The Wizards need to get multiple assets in a Beal trade. Ingram is not enough. And I like Ingram.
for once we agree.

I couldnt imagine the Wiz taking a package less than Ingram, Hart and a first rounder- especially considering the competition

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for once we agree.

I couldnt imagine the Wiz taking a package less than Ingram, Hart and a first rounder- especially considering the competition

And I would take that deal.

Still say moving Wall is priority 1 though. By a long shot. Or perhaps priority 2 after firing Grunfield. Because I don't trust him to do any of this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would take that deal.

Still say moving Wall is priority 1 though. By a long shot. Or perhaps priority 2 after firing Grunfield. Because I don't trust him to do any of this.
I wouldnt move Wall until the offseason

As I said- plenty of teams are saving cap space to try and get the elite free agents.

Some teams will come up empty.

Those teams will look to the trade market. I doubt teams will fill up their cap space and give away assets right now when they have dreams of signing Leonards or Irvings or Butlers or Durants or Walkers etc. and not having to give up anything.

wait till a team like hte Nets or Knicks or Clippers strikes out- and they have tons of cap space and no star to fill it

thats when Wall will be able to be dealt for some decent value. Same with Love- though Love is cheaper, and his game should age better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt move Wall until the offseason

As I said- plenty of teams are saving cap space to try and get the elite free agents.

Some teams will come up empty.

Those teams will look to the trade market. I doubt teams will fill up their cap space and give away assets right now when they have dreams of signing Leonards or Irvings or Butlers or Durants or Walkers etc. and not having to give up anything.

wait till a team like hte Nets or Knicks or Clippers strikes out- and they have tons of cap space and no star to fill it

thats when Wall will be able to be dealt for some decent value. Same with Love- though Love is cheaper, and his game should age better.

You are probably right about that.

And it would give the Wizards a chance to fire Grunfeld first.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for once we agree.

Way too expensive for a guy shooting 33% from 3.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sheridan‏Verified account @sheridanhoops 34s35 seconds ago
Source: @RealDealBeal23 has made it known in no uncertain terms that he wants out of Washington pronto.

Bradley Beale wants to leave Washington and who can blame him?

Who is the likely favorite to trade for him? Where would he fit the best? What can the Wizards expect in return?

Bradley Beal trade rumors: Wizards guard denies wanting to be dealt

In case nobody here has already stated this - you are full of shit. Reading some of the replies it almost sounds like the Wizards goal would be to somehow make another team better & not worry at all about whatever crap they receive in return. Nice try pal.