• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Beale wants out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team should want to trade for him. The Wizards are going to be stuck with Wall for the forseeable future. What they need to do internally is figure out why Beal and Wall did not work and figure out what they need in return to get some cohesion back on that team.

Most of the teams that I think he would fit the best on, don't really have the assets to get him. I think the ideal fit for him to both contribute and flourish would be New Orleans, but I don't see a way for him to get there. All the top contenders could easily use him. I'm sure Houston will make the same offer for him that they made for Jimmy Butler. Detroit's another interesting landing spot and I think he'd be pretty great there next to Blake.

If I'm the Wizards, I'm calling the Nuggets and asking them for Gary Harris, Michael Porter and fillers. Not saying that they'll get it, but I'd try. Maybe call the Kings and ask for Marvin Bagley Jr, Skal Labissiere., Z-Bo and Koufos expiring deals. Maybe try to flip Z-Bo and Koufos' expirings later. Kings would have a great foundational back court in Fox and Beale, with some promising bigs in WCS and Giles.
I think that Harris/Porter from the Nuggets is a very solid offer....I think Fournier/Isaac would also be a great offer.....I think Crabbe (for matching purposes), Dinwiddie and a top 5 protected pick from the Nets would be a great offer. Knox, Hardaway, and a top 5 protected pick from the Knicks would be a HUGE package. Richardson/Bam/Onlyn would be interesting from the Heat. Ingram/Hart and a first rounder would be interesting from the Lakers....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Harris/Porter from the Nuggets is a very solid offer....I think Fournier/Isaac would also be a great offer.....I think Crabbe (for matching purposes), Dinwiddie and a top 5 protected pick from the Nets would be a great offer. Knox, Hardaway, and a top 5 protected pick from the Knicks would be a HUGE package. Richardson/Bam/Onlyn would be interesting from the Heat. Ingram/Hart and a first rounder would be interesting from the Lakers....

Of those options I would say that the Nuggets and Heat offers are the only viable ones. Knox and a top 5 protected pick is a roll of the dice. Fournier/Isaac is ok but nothing to write home about. Ingram's trade value has eroded since the season started and the Lakers are likely to have a 20 something pick this year.

Harris and Porter plus a pick would be a pretty intriguing offer. Richardson and Bam would be a great get.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those options I would say that the Nuggets and Heat offers are the only viable ones. Knox and a top 5 protected pick is a roll of the dice. Fournier/Isaac is ok but nothing to write home about. Ingram's trade value has eroded since the season started and the Lakers are likely to have a 20 something pick this year.

Harris and Porter plus a pick would be a pretty intriguing offer. Richardson and Bam would be a great get.
i was looking at teams that have picks/players that make sense and those were some of them (with some of the suggestions borrowed from @CitySushi ).

If the Wiz believe they should get significantly more than those offers than I think they will be dissapointed.

The Knicks and Nets are intriguing just because they might be lotto picks--- to get a solid young player and a lotto pick for Beal might be a win.

I agree that- Ingram's value has slowly eroded since he has been drafted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm honestly not sure Ingram's trade value has eroded all that much among GM's.

His stats when compared to Beal at the same age, are virtually identical.

Ingram: 15.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.1 apg
Beal: 15.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.1 apg

Also, some of this seems to be about Ingram trying to fit with Lebron.

His per 36 with Lebron off the court is 28.5 ppg, 4.6 apg, 2.9 tovs and 61.8 TS%. With Lebron on the court it drops to 15.4 ppg, 1.9 apg, 2.8 tovs and 49.1 TS%.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think the Lakers can put together the best deal for Beal. I just don't think that Ingram's value has dropped as much among GM's as some folks here seem to think.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His per 36 with Lebron off the court is 28.5 ppg, 4.6 apg, 2.9 tovs and 61.8 TS%. With Lebron on the court it drops to 15.4 ppg, 1.9 apg, 2.8 tovs and 49.1 TS%.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think the Lakers can put together the best deal for Beal. I just don't think that Ingram's value has dropped as much among GM's as some folks here seem to think.

He has 20 total minutes of playing time without James on the court. I doubt too many GMs are taking those 20 minutes all that seriously.

Do I think he lost all of his value? Of course not. But this is his 3rd year, he is expected to be taking a step up. Perhaps it is unfair to him since he has to play with James but life is tough in the big city.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about last year's #1 pick and this year's pick?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I view it differently in that Ingram's value is still solid enough to get a player of Beal's caliber. Josh Hart is a good player, but what is his max value? I think probably solid starter is his highest level. Possibly like a Patrick Beverly type player, who's really solid and going to play his role perfectly, but not be a game changer.

Beal is an all-star player already who's just entering his prime. He immediately gives you a better chance to succeed than Ingram does, IMO. You have a narrow window with Lebron. Ingram might be better long term, but upside is always relative.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view it differently in that Ingram's value is still solid enough to get a player of Beal's caliber. Josh Hart is a good player, but what is his max value? I think probably solid starter is his highest level. Possibly like a Patrick Beverly type player, who's really solid and going to play his role perfectly, but not be a game changer.

Beal is an all-star player already who's just entering his prime. He immediately gives you a better chance to succeed than Ingram does, IMO. You have a narrow window with Lebron. Ingram might be better long term, but upside is always relative.
I dunno. Ingram has not been that great- and he is already in his third year. What you have 4 years before hitting RFA status right?

So they get him cheap for a year and a half of their rebuild- and after that have to pay him- and while he looks solid- i have seen nothing to suggest he will be a top tier player at his position down the line.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, on the one hand, the Lakers (and Lebron) have known all along that it was going to take a couple of years to get everything set up the way they want it. Which is why they are willing to be patient with Ingram. Plus, bringing in Beal may limit what they can do this summer.

On the other hand, while Ingram is pretty much exactly where Beal was at the same age, that doesn't mean he'll get to Beal's level or beyond.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 20 total minutes of playing time without James on the court. I doubt too many GMs are taking those 20 minutes all that seriously.

Do I think he lost all of his value? Of course not. But this is his 3rd year, he is expected to be taking a step up. Perhaps it is unfair to him since he has to play with James but life is tough in the big city.

And I'm pretty sure that they take into consideration the fact that his numbers would be lower with Lebron on the floor and that there is a learning curve when it comes to playing alongside Lebron that all star level players have struggled with.

In short, I'm sure that GM's take a lot more into consideration than any of us here do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm pretty sure that they take into consideration the fact that his numbers would be lower with Lebron on the floor and that there is a learning curve when it comes to playing alongside Lebron that all star level players have struggled with.

In short, I'm sure that GM's take a lot more into consideration than any of us here do.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps his uninspiring play has had no impact on his perceived value among GMs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams that I think might have some interest include:

Knicks, Pelicans, Lakers, Magic, Heat, Nuggets, Nets

I think that the Magic would be a great destination for him, and if the Wiz could get Bamba or Isaac they should jump at the chance.
I dont see the Lakers making a trade unless they

1. Have a young player they are ready to give up on

2. Has Two or more years left on the player

The Lakers has enough salary under the cap to land a player that is better then Beale and to disrespect Beale

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ingram for Beal would be a pretty good trade for Washington if the Lakers have decided that Ingram and LeBron won't be great to together. Magic doesn't want a good fit, he wants a Great fit and right now Kuzma is fitting with LeBron better. Having said that, I think the Lakers would have to give up another player with Ingram and possibly a first round draft pick and say good bye to 30 million of that 60 million of salary under the cap and their choices this summer would be limited some

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram for Beal would be a pretty good trade for Washington if the Lakers have decided that Ingram and LeBron won't be great to together. Magic doesn't want a good fit, he wants a Great fit and right now Kuzma is fitting with LeBron better. Having said that, I think the Lakers would have to give up another player with Ingram and possibly a first round draft pick and say good bye to 30 million of that 60 million of salary under the cap and their choices this summer would be limited some

No it would not.

Ingram + a Hart type player, or maybe multiple lotto protected 1sts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:I just noticed I said this wrong. I meant to say Ingram and another player for Beal would be a pretty good trade for the Lakers, Not Washington who I expect will get better offers than that. I think Magic is going to roll the dice with what the Lakers have

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the Lakers making a trade unless they

1. Have a young player they are ready to give up on

2. Has Two or more years left on the player

The Lakers has enough salary under the cap to land a player that is better then Beale and to disrespect Beale

da fuq?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on a Lakers trade for Beal because he makes wayy too much money. If we're gonna make a big trade of young player(s) at some point to take on big salary, it has to be something that has a huge impact on the team

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on a Lakers trade for Beal because he makes wayy too much money. If we're gonna make a big trade of young player(s) at some point to take on big salary, it has to be something that has a huge impact on the team
nice thing about Beal is that they might be able to fit Beale in with LeBron and get another max guy if they clear enough room (like Ball, Ingram)....

Cousins/Beal/LeBron would be very very interesting - especially if thy could keep Kuzma and IF Cousins regains his form and gets his head on straight