• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boyle Out for Tonight

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Might be a dreaded concussion, especially the way he looked on the ice after that hit combined with being kicked in the face the game before

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a dreaded concussion, especially the way he looked on the ice after that hit combined with being kicked in the face the game before

Maybe this is a reason for the Campoli rumor???

He sure looked out of it in the OT of the Pens game.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this'll teach Boyle to clear the puck next time.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A blessing in disguise as far as I'm concerned. Assuming he will eventually come back, the 'rest' while sitting out from this injury will help the 34 year old guy that's been logging 23 or so minutes a night.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Couture had made the empty netter, Boyle wouldn't have gotten hurt. So I hear Braun is in the lineup tonight. What is the deal with Huskins? Why is he no longer playing? Dougie trying to unload him?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Couture had made the empty netter, Boyle wouldn't have gotten hurt. So I hear Braun is in the lineup tonight. What is the deal with Huskins? Why is he no longer playing? Dougie trying to unload him?

Huskeypants has been hurt I believe. Yeah, no excuses, Cooch has to hit that EN'er in that posuition.

Speaking of Couture though has anyone seen Manny's nbumbers tis year??? Whollatta money to pay for 23 points (and this is coming from a huge Manny fan).

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get some rest Boyle, we need you in the playoffs

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Bad play, true. But, show a little support. We need the Boyler. :mad:

I agree with Chango that Boyle being out for some games will be good for him. He's played a ton of minutes this year. The Sharks don't need Boyle to win a few regular season games. A rested Boyle for the playoffs would be more helpful.

People are putting way too much blame on Cooch for missing the empty net. People miss empty nets from the red line all the time. Boyle failing to clear the puck out of the crease wasn't the only mistake on Pittsburgh's tying goal, there were several players out of position which led to Staal getting a shot from in close in the first place. It's just that Boyle failing to clear the puck was the most noticeable, and he got plowed into the goal because he couldn't do something simple like sweep the puck out of the way. It seems like people want to give Boyle a pass because he got hurt, but he's gotta make that play. If Huskins or Wallin did what Boyle did, they'd be getting destroyed on here. But both the missed assignments that led to the shot that hit the crossbar and Boyle not getting the puck out of the crease were easily worse plays than Cooch missing the empty net.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Chango that Boyle being out for some games will be good for him. He's played a ton of minutes this year. The Sharks don't need Boyle to win a few regular season games. A rested Boyle for the playoffs would be more helpful.

People are putting way too much blame on Cooch for missing the empty net. People miss empty nets from the red line all the time. Boyle failing to clear the puck out of the crease wasn't the only mistake on Pittsburgh's tying goal, there were several players out of position which led to Staal getting a shot from in close in the first place. It's just that Boyle failing to clear the puck was the most noticeable, and he got plowed into the goal because he couldn't do something simple like sweep the puck out of the way. It seems like people want to give Boyle a pass because he got hurt, but he's gotta make that play. If Huskins or Wallin did what Boyle did, they'd be getting destroyed on here. But both the missed assignments that led to the shot that hit the crossbar and Boyle not getting the puck out of the crease were easily worse plays than Cooch missing the empty net.

Cmon Jonny, you're a rational guy. I agree with you whole-heartedly that Boyle should have cleared that puck, but Logan could have taken 7 more strides before he shot that puck. I think it's silly to blame Logan for Boyle getting injured.....but that was a horrid miss by Cooch. If that was against a western conference foe, that would have been really rough to stomach. And I'm a HUGE Couture fan.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Jonny, you're a rational guy. I agree with you whole-heartedly that Boyle should have cleared that puck, but Logan could have taken 7 more strides before he shot that puck. I think it's silly to blame Logan for Boyle getting injured.....but that was a horrid miss by Cooch. If that was against a western conference foe, that would have been really rough to stomach. And I'm a HUGE Couture fan.

There's still no guarantee he makes it. It wasn't the greatest shot by Cooch considering he was going for the net, but there's worse things you can do than shoot the puck into the offensive zone when you're up 1 with a minute to go.