• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boxing is now DEAD

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The networks need to revive Boxing. I miss the big name, big money championship fights. The last great fight I remember watching was the Mike Tyson-Buster Douglas upset in 1990.

(Wiki) Since the late 1990s boxing, has declined in popularity for a myriad of factors such as more sports entertainment options and combat alternatives such as MMA's UFC amongst a younger demographic. Lack of mainstream coverage in newspapers and access on major television networks. Also the lack of a US Heavyweight world champion.

It was hoped in 2015 that the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao fight would re-invigorate interest in the sport in the United States but because the fight was disappointing it was perceived as doing further harm to the image of the sport in the United States.

https://box.live/world-rankings/heavyweight/

On May 18 on Showtime, Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) will fight for the first time since his 12-round draw with Tyson Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) on December 2.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The networks need to revive Boxing. I miss the big name, big money championship fights. The last great fight I remember watching was the Mike Tyson-Buster Douglas upset in 1990.

(Wiki) Since the late 1990s boxing, has declined in popularity for a myriad of factors such as more sports entertainment options and combat alternatives such as MMA's UFC amongst a younger demographic. Lack of mainstream coverage in newspapers and access on major television networks. Also the lack of a US Heavyweight world champion.

It was hoped in 2015 that the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao fight would re-invigorate interest in the sport in the United States but because the fight was disappointing it was perceived as doing further harm to the image of the sport in the United States.

Heavyweight Rankings & Boxing Champions - Top 15 WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO

On May 18 on Showtime, Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) will fight for the first time since his 12-round draw with Tyson Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) on December 2.
to much politics in boxing now. Add that to the fact the top boxers are more businessmen than fighters & you have a recipe for disaster. Fights like the Douglas upset of Tyson is what keeps fighters from taking chances without the big cash.
There was once a time where fighters wanted to fight the best to prove they were the baddest in the ring. Nowadays they measure each other by how much they make.