• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowman's knee surgery is today

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Andrews doing the surgery in Florida. Get back bowman!
Instagram

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Praying for a full and healthy return for Bowman. Love that guy.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a great teammate and player. He's all class! Praying for a full recovery.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him a successful surgery and recovery. Love the way the guy plays and acts on and off the field. As much as I'd like to see him in the opening day line-up, I hope they don't rush him and give extra time to recover and strengthen before getting back on the field. I'd rather wait to see him until mid way in like November to give him a full 9 months recovery. We have him signed through 2018, and I want him healthy and not playing like RGIII did this year. I think we can manage until then.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him a successful surgery and recovery. Love the way the guy plays and acts on and off the field. As much as I'd like to see him in the opening day line-up, I hope they don't rush him and give extra time to recover and strengthen before getting back on the field. I'd rather wait to see him until mid way in like November to give him a full 9 months recovery. We have him signed through 2018, and I want him healthy and not playing like RGIII did this year. I think we can manage until then.

I like our depth at LB, which is why I don't think he'll be rushed back. especially since we just signed him thru 2018 with an extension.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he makes a full recovery. He is the type of player I like. I wish him well personnally as much as professionally.

I remember watching the draft with my friend when his pick came up. After hearing his story we started looking up anything we could find about him because we weren't very familiar with him. I just remember how excited we were that night, thinking he was gonna be good and a steal in the 3rd. Didn't in a million years think he was going to be this good this fast. I have complete faith he will be back full strength.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly his surgery went well today with expected recovery time of 6 to 9 months. That should put him back by November at the latest. Hope its sooner.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching the draft with my friend when his pick came up. After hearing his story we started looking up anything we could find about him because we weren't very familiar with him. I just remember how excited we were that night, thinking he was gonna be good and a steal in the 3rd. Didn't in a million years think he was going to be this good this fast. I have complete faith he will be back full strength.

I wanted the 49ers to pick Everson Griffen with that pick. Glad they weren't listening to me.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will miss the first month of the season.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with half the season if he gets his knee right. Manningham didn't heal right.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with half the season if he gets his knee right. Manningham didn't heal right.

If he misses the first 8 weeks of the season, who do the Niners have to take his place? Will it be Skuta? Do the Niners draft an ILB?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he misses the first 8 weeks of the season, who do the Niners have to take his place? Will it be Skuta? Do the Niners draft an ILB?

I don't think the 49ers will make any significant addition to replace Bowman. A better option, I think, is the offense needs to pick up the slack for Bowman while he's gone. Score some more points and keep the ball longer.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will miss the first month of the season.

That's probably right, or perhaps even more.

I was hanging out at my son's field trip today, only to meet another parent who had a complete tear of his achilles. It's one thing to read about these types of injuries in journals, but it's another to hear about them from actual people.

Crabtree was effective, but wasn't fully healed from his surgery. Bowman with his issues is looking more like a 9 - 11 month situation. With Willis aging, the 49ers may look to draft another ILB for depth purposes. With what, 13 picks in this draft, they have an extra pick that they could use on a LB.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot fathom them NOT drafting an ILB with one of their THIRTEEN fucking picks. We already had very little depth once the Niners elected not to re-sign Grant and although Wilhoite was ok in filling in for Willis, we NEED more depth who can also double as ST help.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I cannot fathom them NOT drafting an ILB with one of their THIRTEEN fucking picks. We already had very little depth once the Niners elected not to re-sign Grant and although Wilhoite was ok in filling in for Willis, we NEED more depth who can also double as ST help.

I wonder if Grant is still an option.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Bowman may very well miss the majority of the season. Standing pat and assuming Bowman will come back and immediately be the player he was would be foolish.