• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowman to the Giants

trier33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Bowman is close to signing a one year deal with the New York Giants. This isnt a big blow or anything but he did play pretty well in place of Tillman last year. I honestly thought we would eventually bring him back for another year for some depth.

C

cubzzzfanincali

no loss. Never much of a fan. Clears the space for the CB we are drafting.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury prone since his days in Lincoln. Too bad too, he was immensely talented.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality depth and a good Special Teams player.

It's just another roster spot that needs to be filled now...I would have liked to keep him.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Giants, I hope they're paying him 15 mil per.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Really? I thought he did a nice job in Tillman's absence.

um, what? Zack Bowman was a major liability. Let me refresh everyone's memory. He was so awful in 2012 he was made as a matter of POLICY to only play outside leverage. The Bears cut him, the Vikes picked him up, but he was so bad that even the cornerback-starved Vikes let him walk. He came to the Bears, and again mostly played outside leverage, which of course is part of the reason the safeties were having a horrible time covering up Zack Bowman's sorry ass. I just went and checked PFF, his negative rating is way down the list, behind even Sherrick McManis and Kelvin Hayden (who others on this board have criticized). Now, by itself, PFF rankings don't necessarily capture all CB value...yes, I get that. But are we starting to detect a trend here? You all sure as hell should be.

This board is sorry to see Zack Bowman go? Honestly, I don't believe it.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, what? Zack Bowman was a major liability. Let me refresh everyone's memory. He was so awful in 2012 he was made as a matter of POLICY to only play outside leverage. The Bears cut him, the Vikes picked him up, but he was so bad that even the cornerback-starved Vikes let him walk. He came to the Bears, and again mostly played outside leverage, which of course is part of the reason the safeties were having a horrible time covering up Zack Bowman's sorry ass. I just went and checked PFF, his negative rating is way down the list, behind even Sherrick McManis and Kelvin Hayden (who others on this board have criticized). Now, by itself, PFF rankings don't necessarily capture all CB value...yes, I get that. But are we starting to detect a trend here? You all sure as hell should be.

He was a fairly decent gunner on STs. Actually thought he played better @ CB this year , than he ever did.
:lol: Given some safety help , he might have looked better. But our safety play just plain out sucked.
I didn't like Zack 2 years ago. But I saw some promise in him last year.
Just think he'd have been a good resigning. Didn't love him, just think he would be solid BU.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a backup, special teamer.....it's not the end of the world, but he did an admirable job stepping in as a BACKUP. And its just more proven depth to be replaced by unproven depth, so there is reason to be disappointed in his departure. Its not like he woulda cost us anything?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's unbelievable.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The only thing he proved is that he sucked. It's no loss. Fine he was a decent ST guy, I don't care very much, ST is more readily replaced. As a CB, he was awful. I'm just not sure how any of you did not see this. Maybe not many of you watch the All-22. You should. Then we won't have posters talking about how he was a decent CB and they are sad to see him go. Oh boo hoo he went to the Giants. I am crushed.