• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowlen Trial Off

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sisters Amie and Beth have called off the dogs, at least for now. They didn’t have much of a chance to win anyway.

from the Denver Post, this was certainly of interest:
“One possibility in a settlement is Klemmer and Wallace agreeing to drop the case and refrain from any future litigation in exchange for the trustees putting the Broncos up for sale in the near future. Each of Bowlen’s seven children from his two marriages is in line to receive 11% of the team once Annabel passes away.”

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No brainer on selling they will never agree on things.Just hope we get another great owner with deeper pockets. Deeper pockets don't mean great owner that is scary, Monforts stay away

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Bezos is looking for things to spend his money.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No brainer on selling they will never agree on things.Just hope we get another great owner with deeper pockets. Deeper pockets don't mean great owner that is scary, Monforts stay away
Fortunately, Kroenke already has the Rams. I'd like him to stay away from the Broncos.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Paul is buying the team.
If I was I'd have VIP suites available for you guys/gals anytime you wanted them. Man following Pat as much love the Broncos big shoes to fill. Did you have a great B-Day DC?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos are sold who would you be hoping for? Any owner would be stupid to move team from Denver but, is there one person if they bought the Broncos you'd be concerned they might do it?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kosmider in today’s mailbag at The Athletic on the situation:

Here is what we know. The case that was set to pit Beth Bowlen Wallace and Amie Klemmer, late Broncos owner Pat Bowlen’s two oldest daughters, against the trust bearing his name is off for now. The July 12 start date — created after an original start date last September had been pushed back because of COVID-19 — has been vacated. That news, first reported by The Denver Post and confirmed by The Athletic, came Tuesday.

So what does that mean? Those involved in the trial aren’t saying. The Broncos aren’t commenting. Neither are lawyers for the trust — comprised of team president and CEO Joe Ellis, general counsel Rick Slivka and Denver attorney Mary Kelly — or Bowlen Wallace and Klemmer. But a likely scenario is that a settlement has been reached and that an agreement to sell the team could soon be in place.

In a December statement, Bowlen Wallace said she was “committed to and will continue to pursue resolutions on all issues in order to ensure a smooth and timely transition” of ownership. In other words, the plaintiffs were ready to drop the suit if the trust agreed to move toward a sale. The trial itself — born of the daughters’ contention that Bowlen was unduly influenced to sign his trust in 2009 — was set to determine whether the trust was valid and therefore eligible to orchestrate the sale. But if the case is dropped because of a sale-focused settlement, it would likely mean the trust remains in charge of executing the sale, a process that includes oversight from the NFL.

Ellis told 9News in January that he will step down from his role as the team’s president in 2022, at the same time an NFL rule requiring one person to have a minimum equity role in a team goes into effect. The writing has been on the wall. The league wants one front-facing owner for the Broncos. It was becoming clear Pat Bowlen’s family wasn’t going to come to an agreement on who that one person would be anytime soon.

Again, the court developments this week and the lack of response to them have left a lot of gray area, which is unfortunate when we’re talking about a public trust, as the Broncos have called themselves. But it doesn’t take a law degree to know something big is on the horizon.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos are sold who would you be hoping for? Any owner would be stupid to move team from Denver but, is there one person if they bought the Broncos you'd be concerned they might do it?
Of course Bezos name comes up when a NFL sale comes up - and I think he could afford the purchase without a big dent in his net worth. But I wonder if there may be some owners who would oppose Bezos due to political stances?

One name I don’t hear but wonder about is Steve Ballmer, owner of the GS Warriors. I see today his net worth crested $100B, and I wonder if he would like to add an NFL toy to his sandbox?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Bezos name comes up when a NFL sale comes up - and I think he could afford the purchase without a big dent in his net worth. But I wonder if there may be some owners who would oppose Bezos due to political stances?

One name I don’t hear but wonder about is Steve Ballmer, owner of the GS Warriors. I see today his net worth crested $100B, and I wonder if he would like to add an NFL toy to his sandbox?
I thought Ballmer owned the Clippers. The Bowlen family could land 5 Bil in sale. Regardless only team in Flux be interesting the list of Mingo rich guys that make bids. Bezo's would threaten Jerry only thing with him will he focus on the Broncos enough for success or just be a toy he wants even at huge price tag.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BroncosWire mentioned Ballmer in their latest article:

Ballmer does own the Clippers, but this article also mentions one of the GS Warriors owners too (Mark Stevens).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ballmer owned the Clippers. The Bowlen family could land 5 Bil in sale. Regardless only team in Flux be interesting the list of Mingo rich guys that make bids. Bezo's would threaten Jerry only thing with him will he focus on the Broncos enough for success or just be a toy he wants even at huge price tag.
Duh…hey, I’m old!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Antonio Broncos... Love it.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastest ownership could get settled is 22 or 23. I think 24 would be bad for this org. Being only team with this problem shouldn't that speed up process?