• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bouwmeester

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if any of you would trade for him? My gut is Calgary will deal him at some point before the deadline. Thoughts? I cannot see how we could squeeze him under the cap unless Carle or Hartnell or both go.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id really prefer to sign McCabe or going for someone cheaper than JayBo. besides, we are already trading for Iginla. Doubt we'd make a bigger trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell. no. 1,000,000 times over, no. i dont care if we trade them the dead flies in the locker room for him.

he's is unbelievably over-rated, and over-paid.

ask dash on the main-board, he'd probably throw a 1st rounder in just to get jaybo off the team

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally really like Jay Bo, however unless we moved out 2 bigger contracts(like Carle & Hartnell) I don't see how we could fit him under the cap. The flip side to that is would we be over paying for him at this point? I'd have to say yes and trading Carle away right now really wouldn't help us get stronger on D, it would be more like a lateral move.

However there is a certain team in Toronto who has a few extra NHL caliber D-men right now. I think it may be time to call Burke and see what it would take to get Franson.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man i'd love rick nash.. jvr and mesz for nash?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man i'd love rick nash.. jvr and mesz for nash?

JVR should be 100% untouchable, and we can't trade Mez now(we're think enough on the blue line). I could see moving Schenn for a big name who's established. My logic here is we haven't seen how good he can be yet so we wouldn't miss him as much when he develops.

On a side note I'm still pissed we missed out on James Neal last year, that kid is gonna be a beast and I feel like we could have made Dallas a better offer then Gologoski. Only plus is he's an RFA after this year and I'm not sure with all the other holes the Pens will have if they can re-sign him.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jvr is starting to wear out his untouchableness in my book. But i was Just throwing that out there anyway. (would move jvr if it brought in someone like Nash though)

The flyers focus should be on suter in Nashville. Id prefer weber, but I don't think they'll get him. Weber is my #1 most coveted player

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to look at Suter and Cody Franson now. In fact that more I think about it Homer should call Burke now and say he'll consider moving Schenn for Colborne & Franson(maybe try to get a pick too). Burke has a hard-on for Schenn and I'm sure that move would make Luke happy up there. We'd get a real good 3rd pairing d-man(with top 4 potential) and a quality prospect C in return(since we're kinda log jammed at C now). In the long run that could actually turn to out to be one hell of a good trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schenn is way more untouchable than jvr is, id bet a lot of money on that.. schenn is supposed to be a super star in no time.. i think a lot of people have given up on jvr reaching super star status

plus there's no way they trade the centerpiece to the richards deal 3 games in to his career as a flyer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giroux, couturier, and schenn are my top 3 'dont trade these guys' guys

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giroux, couturier, and schenn are my top 3 'dont trade these guys' guys

Don't get me wrong I'd love to keep all them + JVR at all cost, I'm jusr realistically looking at what another teams GM is going to start asking for in return knowing we're hurt on D now. I also think Schenn has the highest value outside of Giroux now so the return for him could warrant exploring moving him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I'd love to keep all them + JVR at all cost, I'm jusr realistically looking at what another teams GM is going to start asking for in return knowing we're hurt on D now. I also think Schenn has the highest value outside of Giroux now so the return for him could warrant exploring moving him.

i'm with tox.. he's got so much value because he's going to be so good.. no way am i trading him after 3 NHL games.. he's in the exact same circle as giroux.. no exploring, no nothing.. couturier is there too and jvr would be there but he's irritated me thus far this season haha (hopefully last night's little outburst will help his confidence and he'll get going)