• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bounty Gate, back?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a pretty dirty hit on a play that was clearly dead, though the whistle hadn't been blown I think. No penalty was called. But...bounty? I think that's a little too much. There was also a questionable hit by their OT Trevor Penning on a block out of bounds on Darius Slay.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a pretty dirty hit on a play that was clearly dead, though the whistle hadn't been blown I think. No penalty was called. But...bounty? I think that's a little too much. There was also a questionable hit by their OT Trevor Penning on a block out of bounds on Darius Slay.

The Penning one was just stupidity IMO, not much harm done. This one was more egregious.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penning one was just stupidity IMO, not much harm done. This one was more egregious.
I blame the crew for not blowing the whistle when his forward progress was clearly stopped. It had to be a frustrating day for Khristian Boyd. He didn’t register a single stat in the game.

IMG_5112.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't that whistled dead? Refs need to do better.
Yeah, if the whistle wasn't blown - it's hard to fault the player....if Smith slips out - he's got enough speed and agility to leave them in the dust...I usually do hate seeing these kinds of late hits, but usually that's because the whistle is being blown...doesn't appear to be the case here...damn...

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the play called a penalty... it looks like a helmet to helmet hit on the video. Even sent DeVonta's helmet flying off of his head. IMO the hit is deserving of a fine if these are the hits the NFL wants to remove from game.

Agree that referee's did DeVonta no favors with not blowing the whistle... he was clearly stopped and moving backwards.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the play called a penalty... it looks like a helmet to helmet hit on the video. Even sent DeVonta's helmet flying off of his head. IMO the hit is deserving of a fine if these are the hits the NFL wants to remove from game.

Agree that referee's did DeVonta no favors with not blowing the whistle... he was clearly stopped and moving backwards.
No penalty called.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly correct on Penning. I remember that being the knock on him coming out of college, lots of personal fouls, borderline dirty player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His check will be lighter, you can count on that. Not that it helps out Smith or fixes the problem.
Smith already ruled out with a concussion for this Sunday’s game.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dirty hit on a 'by rule' defenseless player. Smith was already in the grasp of a tackler and his forward progress had been stopped. The lack of a whistle doesn't make him a legal target. The officials can't blow early because the ball might already be coming out. The hit was extremely late and it should have been an obvious penalty. I seem to remember a similar play about 2 years ago against the 49ers.