• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston-LAA

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox and Dodgers are closing in on a trade that would send Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com reports (on Twitter). Hurdles remain, but the sides continue working toward a deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:04pm: Adrian Gonzalez was scratched from the lineup and summoned from the dugout into the clubhouse along with Nick Punto, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com (via Twitter).

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:38pm: Pitcher Allen Webster will go to the Red Sox in the trade, a source tells Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter).

6:15pm: The Red Sox and Dodgers are currently reviewing medical records, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com (via Twitter). The deal would include Rubby De La Rosa, James Loney, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, and a top prospect, according to Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com (Twitter link).

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade is now official.

LAD receives: Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto.

BOS receives: James Loney, Allen Webster, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus and Rubby De La Rosa.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Padres fan this sickens me. I didn't want them to trade Agon in the first place. Now he's a member of the enemy. The Dodgers have MONOPOLY money. The rest of the NL West is SCREWED.

They're going the same direction as LAA. Soon they'll have a very expensive and very old team.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a purely baseball standpoint, this investment doesn’t make sense. Gonzalez isn’t valuable enough to make him worth taking on the albatross contracts of Crawford and Beckett, and the Dodgers almost certainly could have gotten a better bang for their buck in free agency this winter.

As a Giants fan, this makes me happy.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a purely baseball standpoint, this investment doesn’t make sense. Gonzalez isn’t valuable enough to make him worth taking on the albatross contracts of Crawford and Beckett, and the Dodgers almost certainly could have gotten a better bang for their buck in free agency this winter.

As a Giants fan, this makes me happy.

What you need to understand is the Dodgers have the ability to do whatever they want now. Money is no object.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Padres fan this sickens me. I didn't want them to trade Agon in the first place. Now he's a member of the enemy. The Dodgers have MONOPOLY money. The rest of the NL West is SCREWED.

Now you know what it's like playing in the AL East. But we have two teams in the Yankees and Red Sox with a bottomless bank account.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know what it's like playing in the AL East. But we have two teams in the Yankees and Red Sox with a bottomless bank account.

The Dodgers spent plenty of money before McCourt took over. This ownership group is different. They have serious resources & are competing with the Angels for top billing in LA/OC Baseball. In LA you have to win or at least show you're trying to win because it's easy for people to spend their entertainment dollar elsewhere. The Kings are Stanley Cup Champions. The Lakers just got Dwight Howard. Competition is fierce right now. It looks like the Dodgers are going to be players for years to come.