• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh or Love?

Better Player?

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they are close, why come back with a dig at Love?

"Love, to most, is thought of as a player who had nice stats, while on shitty teams, and made no one around him better on those teams."

Agree to say Love is far superior would also be wrong IMO.

Because now, comment is based on entire career.
I personally was never a huge fan of his game when he was in Minny for the reasons stated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because now, comment is based on entire career.
I personally was never a huge fan of his game when he was in Minny for the reasons stated.
Not a fan of guys who can go for nearly 24 and 14 over a 3 year stretch and also be able to hit 3s?

A lot of guys play for bad teams...not many can do that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of guys who can go for nearly 24 and 14 over a 3 year stretch and also be able to hit 3s?

A lot of guys play for bad teams...not many can do that.

If they don’t make the players around them better, its a big negative in my book. Just my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don’t make the players around them better, its a big negative in my book. Just my opinion.
Entitled to your opinion but here's a fact. In his last 4 years there, Minnesota went from 17 wins to 26 to 31 to 40. Then he left and they won 16.

Just sayin'.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entitled to your opinion but here's a fact. In his last 4 years there, Minnesota went from 17 wins to 26 to 31 to 40. Then he left and they won 16.

Just sayin'.

So, did he make them better, or did they get better players?
I don’t care enough to look.

Love is/was fine for the most part on the Cavs when healthy.

I said IMO, a notch below Bosh,

Not really interested in continuing this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but it also doesn't make Bosh better despite the many unbiased voters here. As I said, you want to find a more fair time to compare the 2 with a ranking that has Bosh a lot higher then have at it.

Gonna be hard to do, though, since when Bosh was putting up his best numbers Love was either not in the league or was only a rookie (maybe 2nd year, too?) so not fair comparison for Love.

Maybe compare their best seasons before Lebron joined them?

as to who was better with Lebron? I'd call it a wash as each was a good team player and sacrificed for what was best for the team. Bosh won one more title, but also never faced GS (with one Cavs' loss when Love was out).

The only fair time to really compare them is after Love retires.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like perhaps "the most dominant center in the league".

LOL:pound:

Whiteside does make players around him better, but in a different way.

Portland shooters will get lots of open looks, or he’ll be getting lots of easy baskets.

I know you don’t have league pass, but Portland will be a fun team to watch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside does make players around him better, but in a different way.

Portland shooters will get lots of open looks, or he’ll be getting lots of easy baskets.

I know you don’t have league pass, but Portland will be a fun team to watch.
he makes no one around him better. He is a huge gigantic worthless paper weight.

I cant wait until the first time Lillard waives his fat ass to get out of the paint because he is clogging it up from him and McCollum's driving lanes.....or the first time he just flat out refuses to show on the pick and roll and instead just aimlessly wanders around the paint looking to pad his blocking stats while his teammates are scrambling to guard the perimeter.

I bet Spo cracked a bottle of champagne when his worthless ass got the boot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with his medical history. A 2+1 at best.

Again this is just a guess on your part lol. Love was still a great option especially for teams that can't attract bigtime FA's. If Love wanted a 4 year, he was getting a 4 year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is just a guess on your part lol. Love was still a great option especially for teams that can't attract bigtime FA's. If Love wanted a 4 year, he was getting a 4 year
not sure who you are responding to--- but it has to be 1 out of 2 people------and they both root for a team that just gave Danny Green 15 million a year at 32 years old to play 25 minutes a game----- so, cant take it that seriously. lol

though- at least that IS better than the Mozgov and Deng contracts---

hilariously they are STILL paying Deng.

even more hilariously they will still be paying Deng the year AFTER this upcoming year as well.

I think its okay to pay a guy like Love who is still one of of the top shooting/rebounding/passing big men in the league- a skill set that should age very gracefully.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh:
18.7, 8.3, 1.9
18.0, 7.9, 1.8
16.6, 6.8, 1.7
16.2, 6.6, 1.1

= 17.4 pts, 7.4 rebounds, 1.6 apg

Love:
16.4, 9.7, 2.2
16.0, 9.9, 2.4
19.0, 11.1, 1.9
17.6, 9.3, 1.7

=17.2 pts, 10.0 boards, 2.1 assists

One area where Love excelled was floor spacing for a big man. In those 4 seasons with LeBron he hit 584 three's. Bosh- in his 4 years with LeBron hit 111 three's.

Love shot about 85% fro mthe free throw line. Bosh shot about 81% from the free throw line. Bosh averaged about 1 block per game--- Love about 0.5 blocks per game.

Love just excelled in that role around LeBron--- he was the better passer, rebounder and floor spacer. Dont know what much else you can ask for

I don’t know.

Maybe not being a total liability defending in space and protecting the rim?

You rail on and on about the importance of modern big men being able to defend in space. For some reason that is important for every other big man in the league except Love. Bosh was much better than Love in that area.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did he make them better, or did they get better players?
I don’t care enough to look.

Love is/was fine for the most part on the Cavs when healthy.

I said IMO, a notch below Bosh,

Not really interested in continuing this.
Couldn't you say the same about any situation? How about just acknowledge what we know? clearly the team got better the more experience he got and they fell off the map when he left. Never really had any stars playing with him there. A young Rubio might be the closest.

all that said, still can see thinking he's a notch below Bosh.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough but Bosh only made the playoffs twice and he had a better team around him but even then he won his team won 47 and 41 in the East, with less competition...

Love's teams that didn't make the playoffs when he had his best season and they won 40 games with this team. The Rockets were the 8 seed and they won 45.

Chris Bosh's team that made the playoffs and they won 41 games...they were 6 seed in the East.

Minny won 40 games with him the year before he was traded. The year after they won 16 games. - 24
Toronto won 40 games with Bosh the year before he was traded. The year after they won 22 games. -18

I don't think Bosh really made the players around him better than Love, I think he had less competition in the East and he just had a better team around him. They only won one more game and made the playoffs as a 6 seed. Love's team won 40 and was like 12th in the West. I picked Bosh but it didn't have anything to do with this reasoning I just like his overall game a tad more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but Bosh only made the playoffs twice and he had a better team around him but even then he won his team won 47 and 41 in the East, with less competition...

Love's teams that didn't make the playoffs when he had his best season and they won 40 games with this team. The Rockets were the 8 seed and they won 45.

Chris Bosh's team that made the playoffs and they won 41 games...they were 6 seed in the East.

Minny won 40 games with him the year before he was traded. The year after they won 16 games. - 24
Toronto won 40 games with Bosh the year before he was traded. The year after they won 22 games. -18

I don't think Bosh really made the players around him better than Love, I think he had less competition in the East and he just had a better team around him. They only won one more game and made the playoffs as a 6 seed. Love's team won 40 and was like 12th in the West. I picked Bosh but it didn't have anything to do with this reasoning I just like his overall game a tad more.
not only that- but Love's teammates were simply awful

I mean seriously- Luke Ridnour, Wesley Johnson and Nikola Pekovic were the teammates he played the most with while in Minnesota.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely think they are close------ but you could tell Bosh was seriously declining before he ever got diseased. The last year LeBron was in Miami Bosh's numbers started to become a clear tier below what a 3rd "star" should bring.

Kevin Love is one of the most unique players the NBA has seen. Its just not often you get that combination of shooting, rebounding and passing ability. Not many guys inthe history of the league have had it.

Love is the ONLY player in NBA history to average 10 rebounds a game and to have hit over 700 three's.

Now he is at well over a 1,000 threes. I wonder who the next guy that will do that will be?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and think about it--- Love is putting up those rebounding numbers with guys like TT and LeBron around him------- at one point those were like 3 of the top 20 rebounders in the entire league.

Its not easy to get rebounds at that level when you are playing with 2 other elite rebounders

Bosh was not even leading the Heat in rebounding---- that was LeBron for the most part. When your small forward is getting more rebounds than you it shows one thing---- he was getting soft towards the end--- which was a part of the reason (along with Arison going El Cheapo) for LeBron to get the hell outta Dodge.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and think about it--- Love is putting up those rebounding numbers with guys like TT and LeBron around him------- at one point those were like 3 of the top 20 rebounders in the entire league.

Its not easy to get rebounds at that level when you are playing with 2 other elite rebounders

Bosh was not even leading the Heat in rebounding---- that was LeBron for the most part. When your small forward is getting more rebounds than you it shows one thing---- he was getting soft towards the end--- which was a part of the reason (along with Arison going El Cheapo) for LeBron to get the hell outta Dodge.
Hard for me to call a stud NBA player soft, but agree with your premise.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he makes no one around him better. He is a huge gigantic worthless paper weight.

I cant wait until the first time Lillard waives his fat ass to get out of the paint because he is clogging it up from him and McCollum's driving lanes.....or the first time he just flat out refuses to show on the pick and roll and instead just aimlessly wanders around the paint looking to pad his blocking stats while his teammates are scrambling to guard the perimeter.

I bet Spo cracked a bottle of champagne when his worthless ass got the boot.

Did you catch him fucking your blow up doll or something?

And “fat ass”?

Not really sure what world you live in, but Portland, a projected very good team decided he was good enough to be their starting C.