• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh or Love?

Better Player?

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whataver I've said about him in comparison to Love I hope he is completely healthy. Always liked the guy and seems like a class act.

Totally agree.
Ive seen people wish injury, etc on these guys.
I don’t get it.
Reality is, they are entertainers, just in a different format.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, pick another year if you'd like. Not sure can find one with much better timing as Bosh still in prime and Love not quite reached his (still only, what, 24?)

I get Love will have better stats as Bosh had joined Lebron. Problem is if you choose after Lebron left, Bosh was clearly slowing down then had his heart issue.

Really?

As we all know, Love and Bosh both saw their status drop significantly after their first couple years playing 3rd fiddle.

Also, any list that had Bosh at 35 was overrating quite a few players who were stat padding on bad teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd call anyone a homer for choosing Love or Bosh as it is pretty close.

I would never call someone a homer over 1 opinion.

But a whole series of opinions where people consistently overrate their players and coaches?

You bet.

I would not go so far as to call you a homer, but I do think you are a tad biased.

@WiggyRuss and @lebron23james are blatant homers. Two of the biggest on the site.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

As we all know, Love and Bosh both saw their status drop significantly after their first couple years playing 3rd fiddle.

Also, any list that had Bosh at 35 was overrating quite a few players who were stat padding on bad teams.

Once again.
Not great stats.
11 consecutive All Star games.
Speaks for itself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

stop embarrassing yourself

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop embarrassing yourself

Embarrassing is acting like some preseason Bleacher Report means something.
Funnier yet, if you do read it and value his opinion, Love didn’t take any of the necessary steps.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

This is what you said -
"Perhaps Bosh has more votes because he was the better overall player. Unbiased voters clearly seem to believe that."

You think people who put their opinions out there for thousands to see would be more biased than those might be here?

You want to find a list you like better you think might be a better time to compare the 2 (and would be less biased) then have at it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never call someone a homer over 1 opinion.

But a whole series of opinions where people consistently overrate their players and coaches?

You bet.

I would not go so far as to call you a homer, but I do think you are a tad biased.

@WiggyRuss and @lebron23james are blatant homers. Two of the biggest on the site.
Might be, but choosing TT over whiteside or Love over Bosh (or vice versa) doesn't make anyone a homer to me. Might be some opinions that would but nothing comes to mind off hand.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing is acting like some preseason Bleacher Report means something.
Funnier yet, if you do read it and value his opinion, Love didn’t take any of the necessary steps.
It's not the end all be all, but I posted it as Lance tried to insinuate most unbiased people think Bosh is better and he based it off of this group. I would think a guy who puts his opinions out there for far more to see would be less biased than this group.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But Tristan Thompson, potato salad and other accounted for 40% of the non-Bosh votes.

In other words, Love only got 3 more votes than the 3 joke choices.

And, interestingly enough, Bosh leads Love by about the same percentage as Love leads potato salad.

At first I thought Love was clearly a better basketball player than potato salad, but the poll has me re-thinking a bit.
Potato Salad plays defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the end all be all, but I posted it as Lance tried to insinuate most unbiased people think Bosh is better and he based it off of this group. I would think a guy who puts his opinions out there for far more to see would be less biased than this group.

My comment was to Wiggy, not you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said -
"Perhaps Bosh has more votes because he was the better overall player. Unbiased voters clearly seem to believe that."

You think people who put their opinions out there for thousands to see would be more biased than those might be here?

You want to find a list you like better you think might be a better time to compare the 2 (and would be less biased) then have at it.

The list you found isn’t about being biased. It is all about timing.

Bosh was widely considered to be a top 15 player heading into free agency 2010.

But, in typical fashion, when a player’s role is diminished and his stats take a hit, he gets passed by in the eyes of most. People base their rankings on what they see most recently. That is why Kawhi Leonard is going to be #1 in most peoples’ lists right now and why guys who had less good seasons (AD, Russ, Kyrie) drop a few spots in the rankings.

Love was viewed by most as s top 10-15 player when he was in Minnesota. Nobody views him that way anymore.

So of course if you publish someone’s rankings from 2013 or 2014 Love is going to be ranked higher. I would have ranked Love higher than Bosh at that moment in time too. Most of us would.

Just like most people would rank Kawhi ahead of LeBron right now.

Does not make him a better player for the span of his entire career and who made the better 3rd option. Which is what we are talking about when comparing Love and Bosh.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list you found isn’t about being biased. It is all about timing.

Bosh was widely considered to be a top 15 player heading into free agency 2010.

But, in typical fashion, when a player’s role is diminished and his stats take a hit, he gets passed by in the eyes of most. People base their rankings on what they see most recently. That is why Kawhi Leonard is going to be #1 in most peoples’ lists right now and why guys who had less good seasons (AD, Russ, Kyrie) drop a few spots in the rankings.

Love was viewed by most as s top 10-15 player when he was in Minnesota. Nobody views him that way anymore.

So of course if you publish someone’s rankings from 2013 or 2014 Love is going to be ranked higher. I would have ranked Love higher than Bosh at that moment in time too. Most of us would.

Just like most people would rank Kawhi ahead of LeBron right now.

Does not make him a better player for the span of his entire career and who made the better 3rd option. Which is what we are talking about when comparing Love and Bosh.
OK, but it also doesn't make Bosh better despite the many unbiased voters here. As I said, you want to find a more fair time to compare the 2 with a ranking that has Bosh a lot higher then have at it.

Gonna be hard to do, though, since when Bosh was putting up his best numbers Love was either not in the league or was only a rookie (maybe 2nd year, too?) so not fair comparison for Love.

Maybe compare their best seasons before Lebron joined them?

as to who was better with Lebron? I'd call it a wash as each was a good team player and sacrificed for what was best for the team. Bosh won one more title, but also never faced GS (with one Cavs' loss when Love was out).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but it also doesn't make Bosh better despite the many unbiased voters here. As I said, you want to find a more fair time to compare the 2 with a ranking that has Bosh a lot higher then have at it.

Gonna be hard to do, though, since when Bosh was putting up his best numbers Love was either not in the league or was only a rookie (maybe 2nd year, too?) so not fair comparison for Love.

Maybe compare their best seasons before Lebron joined them?

as to who was better with Lebron? I'd call it a wash as each was a good team player and sacrificed for what was best for the team. Bosh won one more title, but also never faced GS (with one Cavs' loss when Love was out).
Love is better.

He is hte best outlet passer in the NBA since Wes Unseld

Much better rebounder than Bosh- not even close

Much much better 3 pt shooter htan Bosh- not even close

the rest of it is pretty even.

7 rebounds a game with that athleticism and that height tells Bosh's story- SOFT.

At the height of their games Love was indisputably a more highly regarded player- that is something no one can question

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is better.

He is hte best outlet passer in the NBA since Wes Unseld

Much better rebounder than Bosh- not even close

Much much better 3 pt shooter htan Bosh- not even close

the rest of it is pretty even.

7 rebounds a game with that athleticism and that height tells Bosh's story- SOFT.

At the height of their games Love was indisputably a more highly regarded player- that is something no one can question
wouldn't call Bosh soft, but agree with the rest.

Guess you will see "but...but....but.....Bosh is a much better defender even though I have nothing factual to back that claim."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't call Bosh soft, but agree with the rest.

Guess you will see "but...but....but.....Bosh is a much better defender even though I have nothing factual to back that claim."
I would say in regards to being able to move and guard the pick and roll that is true--- but Bosh's poor rebounding really fucks up the defense argument. His inability to get on the defensive boards at his size and his position is a huge black mark against him defensively and really hurts a defense.

Also, you cannot go without saying that the most iconic play of Love's career was an amazing defensive stop. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, in typical fashion, when a player’s role is diminished and his stats take a hit, he gets passed by in the eyes of most.

Had a similar discussion with some fellow Lakers fans when Love was an FA and re-signed with the Cavs.

I was hoping the Lakers would get him and some of them didn't want him based on his drop in numbers.

My point with him was that he, like Bosh in Miami, he didn't forget how to play basketball or start a sudden, unexpected decline. He made a conscious decision to sacrifice numbers for a shot at a ring.

You could say that Love and Bos, in their own way, were as responsible for the success of their teams as either of the other big 2. Them being willing to sacrifice is a big part of why it worked.