• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boom. Dunlap re-signs with the Seahawks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Coughlin and Pete Carroll's coaching philosophies were night and day...

Sure. I wasn't comparing their philosophies. Coughlin won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants. But when it became clear that the game had passed him by, he was ignominiously pushed out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I wasn't comparing their philosophies. Coughlin won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants. But when it became clear that the game had passed him by, he was ignominiously pushed out.
That may have had something to do with it but his training camps wore out on veterans and they didn't enjoy playing for him as much... When he finally left, veterans came out and admitted it... Could be the same as Carroll but seems like most of the players enjoy the atmosphere and professionalism from our FO/Coaching staff... I don't think that was the case for Tom...

Not going to harp on that too much because I do see your point in terms of PC may not lasting here a few more years.... However, I would be surprised if he did not continue coaching for at least 2 more years...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is one of the oldest Coaches yes but he doesn't even act like he is a top 5 oldest coach and thats the Key here. As long as he is filled with Youth and vigor and has a desire to coach I think the Hawks hold onto him and thats a good thing. Once Pete steps down I expect 5+ years of sub par play and lack of play off births, Yes even with Wilson as our QB. Takes more than a Franchise QB and we have been lucky to have one of the top 5 Head coaches in the NFL and a franchise QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is one of the oldest Coaches yes but he doesn't even act like he is a top 5 oldest coach and thats the Key here. As long as he is filled with Youth and vigor and has a desire to coach I think the Hawks hold onto him and thats a good thing. Once Pete steps down I expect 5+ years of sub par play and lack of play off births, Yes even with Wilson as our QB. Takes more than a Franchise QB and we have been lucky to have one of the top 5 Head coaches in the NFL and a franchise QB.

Tom Brady goes to a new team, they win a Super Bowl. Bill Bellicheck scuffles to a losing record.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady goes to a new team, they win a Super Bowl. Bill Bellicheck scuffles to a losing record.
you do remember HOW MANY Patriots opted out of the season don't you? I think they had the most in the league at 8. Thats a lot of players to replace and a lot of them were starters. Lets also not sugar coat this at all Cam Newton is a horrible QB and always has been WAY WAY over hyped. He won a MVP as a QB and completed less than 60% of his passes! WTF!

Kaep would have been a massive upgrade over Cam.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do remember HOW MANY Patriots opted out of the season don't you? I think they had the most in the league at 8. Thats a lot of players to replace and a lot of them were starters. Lets also not sugar coat this at all Cam Newton is a horrible QB and always has been WAY WAY over hyped. He won a MVP as a QB and completed less than 60% of his passes! WTF!

Kaep would have been a massive upgrade over Cam.

Point being, having a really good QB matters more than any other one thing in the NFL.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being, having a really good QB matters more than any other one thing in the NFL.

Yes it helps a ton but Brady wouldn't have won the Superbowl with the Patriots this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but they would have won a heck of a lot more games.
Maybe, But I feel like they wouldn't have even made the Playoffs with Brady. To many other KEY pieces missing with all the opt outs.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Giants went 28-36 after the team‘s 2nd SB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coughlin looked like he was always going to die on the sidelines, I always was afraid he was going to have a heart attack right there on TV when I would see him, He would go SO fooking red you could tell he was not enjoying himself. Pete is in WAY WAY better shape than Coughlin was in. Heck I don't think Coughlin even at 30 was in as good a shape as Pete is at 70!