• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bond

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is early, and it is ST. I realize this.

But dude is a hard-core scrapper. He is hitting .429 so far this spring and has 2 bombs. Is there a chance he forces his way into the util picture?

Baggs wrote a story about his draft story, and it was then referenced by MLBTradeRumors...

NL West Notes: Goldschmidt, Kershaw, Crawford: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Unrelated...

AnVil went yard in todays game. Good to see him have some success. There is hope for him yet.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But dude is a hard-core scrapper. He is hitting .429 so far this spring and has 2 bombs. Is there a chance he forces his way into the util picture?

Baggs wrote a story about his draft story, and it was then referenced by MLBTradeRumors...

Unrelated...

AnVil went yard in todays game. Good to see him have some success. There is hope for him yet.

Obviously I wouldn't expect this sudden power surge to continue seeing as he's only hit 4 HR in his minor league career. But with that .313 career AVG and .410 career OBP... It'd be nice to see if that translates into a good PH/ spot starter. Who do we have vying for that role right now?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unrelated...

The SFGate article said AnVil's homer was a "monster".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I wouldn't expect this sudden power surge to continue seeing as he's only hit 4 HR in his minor league career. But with that .313 career AVG and .410 career OBP... It'd be nice to see if that translates into a good PH/ spot starter. Who do we have vying for that role right now?

Gotta think it started between Tanaka, Noonan and Abreu, with Abreu in the lead since he is on the 40 and does not have options. I think/thought Tanaka was the fave going in given his track record in Japan, but I have heard that he is pretty much restricted to 2B at this point in his career, so he may be only a starting 2B backup plan for mid season.

At this point, I think Bond has an outside shot. His prob is that he also appears to be restricted to 2B, so he may be stuck as a AAAA player.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think it started between Tanaka, Noonan and Abreu, with Abreu in the lead since he is on the 40 and does not have options. I think/thought Tanaka was the fave going in given his track record in Japan, but I have heard that he is pretty much restricted to 2B at this point in his career, so he may be only a starting 2B backup plan for mid season.

At this point, I think Bond has an outside shot. His prob is that he also appears to be restricted to 2B, so he may be stuck as a AAAA player.

I saw Tanaka had two errors in the last game. That can't help his case since he wasn't being brought in for his bat.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Tanaka had two errors in the last game. That can't help his case since he wasn't being brought in for his bat.

He's looked really bad at SS. If he can't hang there (and I suspect he cannot), he really isn't of much use to us. Abreu has to be the favorite at this point, but Noonan has a shot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looked really bad at SS. If he can't hang there (and I suspect he cannot), he really isn't of much use to us. Abreu has to be the favorite at this point, but Noonan has a shot.

Noonan can go to Fresno without having to clear waivers. Abreu would need to clear first. I think Abreu is the leader now.

Tanaka stating he is willing to go to Fresno almost seals the deal for him, I think.