• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boling to be cut?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports are that Cordy Glenn is practicing at left guard. Most of the experts think this might be a good position for him. I'm pretty sure that since Boling has been here he has played left guard, left tackle and center. John Miller was signed to compete for the starting right guard position and I'm guessing he is the leader in the clubhouse at that position. I suppose it's possible that Boling could try RT, but that seems like a stretch to me. Might not be that much of an upgrade over Hart.... Oh, who am I kidding.... Crash is an upgrade over Hart.

Anyway.... Boling counts almost 5 million against the cap. They could cut him and roll the money over to next year or possibly use the money for an extension for AJ or Boyd before the season starts. Something to watch.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports are that Cordy Glenn is practicing at left guard. Most of the experts think this might be a good position for him. I'm pretty sure that since Boling has been here he has played left guard, left tackle and center. John Miller was signed to compete for the starting right guard position and I'm guessing he is the leader in the clubhouse at that position. I suppose it's possible that Boling could try RT, but that seems like a stretch to me. Might not be that much of an upgrade over Hart.... Oh, who am I kidding.... Crash is an upgrade over Hart.

Anyway.... Boling counts almost 5 million against the cap. They could cut him and roll the money over to next year or possibly use the money for an extension for AJ or Boyd before the season starts. Something to watch.

I am not sure I should be be saying.....*hesitant*...thank you?, or just hit you!

They have been saying on every article in Bengals.com, do not let the positioning of guys during this camp make you think this is the offensive line for the season. They are going to move everyone around, play multiple positions, see how guys gel, find the 5 best in the positions they excel at.

The only one I am 100% sure of......Billy Price is playing center.

Honestly, I thought Boling was a better LT than he was a LG. When he slid outside, no one got to the QB. I doubt they cut Boling with the problems our Oline has had. He has been the most consistent and professional of them all.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Boling is rehabbing from an injury, so that's why he's not in the mix at the moment.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just making a splashy title to get a conversation going! :P

Pretty sure he read the same article on Bengals.com I did about Glenn moving into LG at the moment because of Boling rehabbing.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boling has been a valuable member of the team for several years. That said, my understanding is that his numbers the past two years haven't been very good..... And if it weren't for the fact that we had some historically bad players on that line, fans would be complaining more about his performance. I actually read the idea of cutting him long before the draft.

Yes, I understand that its early and that Boling is hurt. But, lets be honest...Williams is playing left tackle until he is either hurt or sucks so bad that he is a liability. Glenn is a talented player and is not riding the bench. Where does that leave Boling?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boling has been a valuable member of the team for several years. That said, my understanding is that his numbers the past two years haven't been very good..... And if it weren't for the fact that we had some historically bad players on that line, fans would be complaining more about his performance. I actually read the idea of cutting him long before the draft.

Yes, I understand that its early and that Boling is hurt. But, lets be honest...Williams is playing left tackle until he is either hurt or sucks so bad that he is a liability. Glenn is a talented player and is not riding the bench. Where does that leave Boling?

RT?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one noticed because Hart was dreadful, but Glenn was very underwhelming last season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about an oline to start the season of?

LT Williams
LG Boling
C Price
RG Miller
RT Glenn

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy, Williams, Price and Miller are givens.... But, I have heard no chatter at all about Glenn playing right tackle. And Boling has pretty much played exclusively on the left as well. Someone will be playing out of position.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I heard it somewhere being possible.

However, we have been hearing since they took Williams..they are going to put their 5 best guys on the line regardless of who that winds up being. I would have to think Boling is one of those.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe Hart makes this team over Boling. That’s fully acknowledging that Boling hasn’t performed as of late.

I’d hope Boling stays at LG and Glenn plays RT if they’re serious about the 5 best OL starting. If they wanna save some cap, cut Hart.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hobson's Choice: Change Of Pace

Hobs is hitting the Boling to the bench thing pretty hard...

Not really sure unless they are trying to justify Hart's contract. Because if you are putting the 5 best offensive lineman starting, Boling is one of those, even if you have to swing him out to your weakest position, RT. Where no matter what he does he is not going to be as bad as Hart. Matter of fact, I would say Boling was our best LT last year when he swung to that position due to injury.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he's been relegated to the 6th offensive lineman, I wouldn't worry. he'll be starting again soon. we can't stay healthy to save our lives.